Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC driving school

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

for those bashers and occasional racers out there, parking lot bashing does not count as practice!!! you are not concentrating on throttle and steering control, just screwing around. now, if you don't have a track near you, but you want to practice, at least practice driving around the parking lines. pick up a few of those soccer cones, and set up some mock turns. sweepers, hairpins, u-turns, etc. the work with the hand eye coodination.

also, one tip i give to all r/c news is, never look at the car itself when you drive. look about 2 feet infront of the car and drive. some may not agree with me, but i personally think it works better than just looking at the car. you can see turns and cars a second before the car actually gets there, so you have a chance to avoid the obstacle. also, never look at the front wheels as a reference when turning. you need to get used to simply knowing which directions the wheels will turn when the car is going in a certain direction. in a parking lot, practice keeping a straight line going left to right and right to left. also, practice driving away from you and back towards you. that will get you used to the reversed driving directions.

hope this helps.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Traveling school

Now, if we could just get one of the manufacturers going around the country with a traveling driving school (beginner, intermediate and expert levels) to help advance the hobby.

Last year, Team Losi let me practice with them leading up to the Reedy. Their methodical work was a valuable lesson. I am most grateful for that experience...

Bill
Old 01-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

except none of the manufacturers want to do ANYTHING on the east coast!!!! they don't hold any big races, no track visits, not even company reps coming to big east coast tracks to scope out some new drivers. i'm sure i could be sponsored by at least one company if they came out to the east. it's not worth my time and money to come out to a big time race on the west coast and be left in the dust by fully sponsored factory drivers.