R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Futaba 2.4GHz (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/99846-futaba-2-4ghz.html)

radio_car_racer 01-30-2006 06:06 AM

Futaba 2.4GHz

view this thread in the UK

http://data.robbe-online.net/robbe_p...01_1-F1901.jpg
&
http://data.robbe-online.net/robbe_p...01_1-F0901.jpg

krisnata 01-30-2006 09:09 AM

is this made by futaba or spektrum ?

Ben.C 01-30-2006 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by krisnata
is this made by futaba or spektrum ?

Its says futaba on them... :sweat:

Andyg01 01-30-2006 09:21 AM

not on Japanese site

http://www.rc.futaba.co.jp/hobby/01_...m?Gid=1&lank=3

krisnata 01-30-2006 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Its says futaba on them... :sweat:

could be just Futaba sticker ...........with spektrum inside... lol :nod:

rc-zombies 01-30-2006 10:08 AM

Nice!
really like the wireless receiver...

can't wait to get one for my 3PK. just hope the receiver is just as small as the current HRS recievers...

EricO3 01-30-2006 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Nice!
really like the wireless receiver...

can't wait to get one for my 3PK. just hope the receiver is just as small as the current HRS recievers...

Yea, the wireless receiver idea is very slick :nod:

Anthony.L 01-30-2006 05:49 PM

Interesting, however no mention of HRS. Normally it says on the reciever and module HRS if so. I was waiting on the Spektrum HRS system which is due out next month.

ogreasurada 01-30-2006 06:04 PM

However, it looks like it needs manual adjustment for frequencies....? :confused:

EricO3 01-30-2006 06:09 PM

This system speeds up the transmitting speed by 3 TIMES, the HRS already speeds it up 2 TIMES, so...in theory, it's even that much better...

cvt01 01-30-2006 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Anthony.L
Interesting, however no mention of HRS. Normally it says on the reciever and module HRS if so. I was waiting on the Spektrum HRS system which is due out next month.

Do you know if they solved all the bugs of the old system? My biggest concern is that it turns off when the car flips over (on carpet only).

There is a quote on the rcchat forum which talks about HRS mode:

TX MODULE:

"The 2.4 GHz module features a short aerial, and is installed in the recess in the transmitter in place of the conventional RF module.
The long telescopic aerial is no longer required to transmit the RF signal.
The Futaba SS system is significantly faster in its response time than existing systems, and offers no less than three times faster HRS FM modulation for fast digital servos, in spite of the 2.4 GHz SS system technology.
The RF module can be set to operate using standard FM modulation or the HRS FM modulation process."

RX:

"The ultra-compact 2.4 GHz receiver does not feature an external flexible wire aerial. Instead it is fitted with a pair of special aerials inside the case, offset to each other by 90°; these supersede the conventional aerial.
The new system offers two major advantages: on the one hand, the aerials, offset to each other by 90°, are much less attitude-dependent than any conventional whip or flexible wire aerial. This diversity system also considerably reduces what are known as reception "dead points".
On the other hand the receiver is much easier to install and handle, and it is no longer possible to tread on the aerial accidentally and rip it out.
The receiver automatically detects the type of modulation in use, and can switch between standard FM and HRS-FM modulation.
One special feature offered by the R 603 FF receiver is its integral RS232 port.
This output is intended for use with a frequency scanner program, which can display the frequencies in use on the screen of a PC.
This interface can also be used to carry out detailed fail-safe settings."

I trust in futaba much more then I will ever do in spektrum... even if futaba bought the technology I'm pretty sure if they put their own sticker on it they tested it and found that it has no bugs or problems... (just like orion and LiPo for me)

krisnata 01-31-2006 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by cvt01
..... I trust in futaba much more then I will ever do in spektrum... even if futaba bought the technology I'm pretty sure if they put their own sticker on it they tested it and found that it has no bugs or problems... (just like orion and LiPo for me)

agree ..... they are bigger better company.....
anybody try this,? .... i'm postponing to get the spektrum....

krisnata 01-31-2006 12:36 AM

rumors also Airtronic/Sanwa will come up with their own version.....

XMSRacing 01-31-2006 04:27 AM

I still haven't had this problem, and considering I'm just getting back to racing... I've had some pretty awesome crashes! (end of the straight at Trackside, still setup like it was for the Novak)

Originally Posted by cvt01
Do you know if they solved all the bugs of the old system? My biggest concern is that it turns off when the car flips over (on carpet only).

There is a quote on the rcchat forum which talks about HRS mode:

TX MODULE:

"The 2.4 GHz module features a short aerial, and is installed in the recess in the transmitter in place of the conventional RF module.
The long telescopic aerial is no longer required to transmit the RF signal.
The Futaba SS system is significantly faster in its response time than existing systems, and offers no less than three times faster HRS FM modulation for fast digital servos, in spite of the 2.4 GHz SS system technology.
The RF module can be set to operate using standard FM modulation or the HRS FM modulation process."

RX:

"The ultra-compact 2.4 GHz receiver does not feature an external flexible wire aerial. Instead it is fitted with a pair of special aerials inside the case, offset to each other by 90°; these supersede the conventional aerial.
The new system offers two major advantages: on the one hand, the aerials, offset to each other by 90°, are much less attitude-dependent than any conventional whip or flexible wire aerial. This diversity system also considerably reduces what are known as reception "dead points".
On the other hand the receiver is much easier to install and handle, and it is no longer possible to tread on the aerial accidentally and rip it out.
The receiver automatically detects the type of modulation in use, and can switch between standard FM and HRS-FM modulation.
One special feature offered by the R 603 FF receiver is its integral RS232 port.
This output is intended for use with a frequency scanner program, which can display the frequencies in use on the screen of a PC.
This interface can also be used to carry out detailed fail-safe settings."

I trust in futaba much more then I will ever do in spektrum... even if futaba bought the technology I'm pretty sure if they put their own sticker on it they tested it and found that it has no bugs or problems... (just like orion and LiPo for me)

robk 01-31-2006 02:27 PM

Speaking of trackside, this setup may have been in someone's car at the race....