Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Futaba 2.4GHz

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone know what the DCS (Direct Servo control) would be used for on the 3PKS? Is there a difference between the 3PKS and the 3PK, other than being synthesized? Thanx
Old 07-23-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Crash,

The default is neutral for throttle and steering. To change the amount, hold the wheel or trigger where you want it to be set and press the +/- keys at the same time. The amount will show on the screen and be set as your new failsafe setting. To go back to neutral, hold the - key down and it will reset to 0.

Air8,

The 3PKS has a slightly different menu and different buttons. It's easier to get to what you want, and the case is gun metal colored too!

Socko
Old 07-23-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Crash,

The default is neutral for throttle and steering. To change the amount, hold the wheel or trigger where you want it to be set and press the +/- keys at the same time. The amount will show on the screen and be set as your new failsafe setting. To go back to neutral, hold the - key down and it will reset to 0.

Air8,

The 3PKS has a slightly different menu and different buttons. It's easier to get to what you want, and the case is gun metal colored too!

Socko
Thanks,
Old 07-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8
Anyone know what the DCS (Direct Servo control) would be used for on the 3PKS? Is there a difference between the 3PKS and the 3PK, other than being synthesized? Thanx
That is used when you want to test radio setup but do not want to broadcast a signal. Its mainly used for AM and FM modules, as you do not want to interfere with anyone racing when you are in the pits.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rezen,

Thanks for picking that up. I forgot to add that to my reply, oops. It's Monday!
Old 07-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
That is used when you want to test radio setup but do not want to broadcast a signal. Its mainly used for AM and FM modules, as you do not want to interfere with anyone racing when you are in the pits.
Interesting feature. Thanx a lot.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I just would like to know how long is the external antenna of R603FS. It seems to be longer than spektrum and cannot coil like traditional receiver. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Tech Initiate

oops nevermind i just figured it out
Old 08-23-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr4-tc sp
Hi,

I just would like to know how long is the external antenna of R603FS. It seems to be longer than spektrum and cannot coil like traditional receiver. Thanks!
it's approx. 5-6 inches long.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i like my fasst system its great!!!!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

Default FASST w/ LIPO

Hi guys, some small questions regarding FASST system with 3PKS.

1. Im running GP cars, does anyone tried to use Lipo reciever batteries with the FASST rx? Are ther any major issues and things to look out for?
2. In running the FASST system, which mode should I use? HRS, PCM, or PPM? although its auto select, is there a bigger advantage in choosing one over the other?

Thanks for the advice...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Tech Initiate

lipo rx battery u need a 6v regulator

hrs mode if u got digital servos. ppm mode if u got analogue servos.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Thumbs up

hello all I am looking for a fasst receiver and found many can someone tell me what receivers will work with my 3pks any input will help ..I lost my book for it
Old 12-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
hello all I am looking for a fasst receiver and found many can someone tell me what receivers will work with my 3pks any input will help ..I lost my book for it
Both of the FASST receivers will work as long as you have the FASST module in the radio......the one that is slightly more expensive has 1 more antenna that is internal and the other one does not but both will work just fine.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone had their ground based FASST system suddenly lose its binding and require you to rebind the receivers?

Futaba has issued a bulletin regarding there 6ex, 7c and 7 channel transmitter modules. Some of them were programmed with the unique ID being all zeroes, so its possible to control other peoples receivers if two radios happen to be in range with the zero'd IDs. Further its been proven(but Futaba is not acknowledging it yet) that if you power cycle the above listed FASST products too quickly after power on they will also lose the ID and go an ID of all zeroes.

If you have a FASST system and suddenly lose binding with all of your receivers this has likely happened to you.

So far Futaba has said this problem doesn't effect the ground based equipment, and hopefully it doesn't, however the FASST pcbs used inside the ground systems and the systems in the bulletin appear to the be the same hardware. A power cycle at the wrong time could possibly wipe the unique id changing it to all zeroes.

Here is a link to the current Futaba notice:
http://2.4gigahertz.com/techsupport/...m7-7c-6ex.html

Again I hope this has never happened to the Futaba ground FASST systems and that they are somehow immune. I'm a huge Futaba fan, if it has happened to anyone though they need to make Futaba aware of it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.