R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-06-2006, 03:30 PM   #211
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Tower and Omni Models have the system in stock now..
as well as seperater modules and receivers

and they ship overseas.
HB WCE HARA EDITION CYCLONE: LRP Sphere TC, KO 2363 digital servo.
HB HARA EDITION PRO4: Gone to a new home..

rc-zombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #212
Tech Adept

Hello everybody,

Just a warning for everybody who is going to buy one off these systems overseas.
I bought one in the USA and I live in Belgium, Europe.

The package arrived here on the 9th of November and I am still waiting to receive it.

Problem is that the customs in Belgium are becoming more and more strict with transmitting equipment and they want it to be examined by some expert in order to see if it is allowed in Belgium.
Off course they are in no hurry to do so, so I can keep on waiting and hoping that one of these days I will get some further information.

I'm still hoping that it will pass the customs inspection but there is a possibility that it won't pass and that they will never deliver it.

Just a heads up for everybody.

PS: if anybody has some experience with these kinds of situations with belgian customs I would appreciate it if you could let me know how it turned out for you
Spillertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #213
Tech Adept
Default Futaba 2.4GHz US / European version

Does someone here know if there is any diffrence on the Futaba 2.4GHz system sold in US and Europe. In the american version it seems to be an external antenna on the receiver but on pictures of the units sold in Europe I don't see any external antenna.
moonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #214
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Tower and Omni Models have the system in stock now..
as well as seperater modules and receivers

and they ship overseas.
thanks, already ordered it at Tower Hobbies only problem now is the custom duties and taxes that i have to pay for the unit
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:57 PM   #215
Tech Adept
Send a message via Yahoo to jann

you could have bought it from amainhobbies for $20 less. pls tell me how much tax you paid for it when you get it. thank you. istill can't decide between futaba and spektrum pro
jann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:46 PM   #216
Tech Adept
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Tower has the 3pk super listing for transmitter only for 229.00 due in late january , guess i gotta get the 3pk super and 2.4 system now. only reason holding me back before is i didn't want to pay 300+ for the 3pk and a module i was never gonna use.
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:54 PM   #217
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ogreasurada
However, it looks like it needs manual adjustment for frequencies....?
-yup, i see dials on it......
Current stable... Team Associated SC8, Team Associated RC250 X 3
Tamiya F104X1...Tamiya F104W GP Edition...BMT/RC300 Frankenstein.....Edam Razor2
Checkers or Wreckers......................................................................................
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #218
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anywhere have the Combo and additional receivers in stock? Places seem to have one or the other but not both, and dont particularly want to pay double shipping to Australia.

Thanks in advance
12th Scale - The premier class (if you can make runtime)
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:41 PM   #219
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt
Default Help.

Hello Futaba users. I just retuned home from S&N Trackside New years day Red Eye race where I experienced problems with my two week old Futaba 2.4G radio system. I had received the 2.6g module and receiver from Mr. MasterCard for X-mass. I installed the system into my 3pk last week Tuesday Dec 26. The install was painless and my HB Cyclone was quickly back on the track. I experienced flawless operation on Dec 26, Dec31, and three batteries of practice and qualifying today. However, at the start of the second qualifier today the radio system let me down. As I first turned the car on it was lazy to respond. Then the car experienced what was like a glitch, and took off uncontrolled. Soon it came to a rest, but I was unable to run my second qualifier.

I returned to my pit and started looking for possible problems. I removed the batteries and held them in my hand. The problem still exited. I then removed the receiver and move the negative battery wire way from the antenna mount. Holding the receiver off the chassis the problem was gone. I reinstalled the receiver to the car hoping for the best in the third qualifier. Sadly, the radio had other ideas. During the third race the car lost complete power twice. The first time power returned and I continued driving. The second time I pulled the car in.

Has any one else had a problem like this? What was the fix? What are the different channels for on the module? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Team XRay, RCAmerica, Motiv, Gravity RC, Schacht Design Works.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Essnowyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #220
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wazee
should have read the instruction better, on page 8
can't remember that i ever used this function and i probably never will with the 2.4 module, but thanks anyway
The display only function uses less power, so you can fiddle with settings without draining the battery as much.

Xray T4'16, T4'14 (Wet Car)
Xray X12 2016
Xray X1'16
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RD Disco
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 03:55 PM   #221
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I didnít have the same problem you had but did have problems. I have used the system twice in my 1/12th car with no problems. I put it in my off road truck for this weekend and everything seemed fine until my 2nd qualifier. It seems to hesitate almost stop once during the race and than at the very end it just shut down. No light on the rx. I checked everything I could think off. I finally took the rx out and took the board apart and put it back together plugged it back in and it worked fine the rest of the day. I was running it in HRS mode.

mrhenning11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #222
Tech Apprentice
Default 2.4

Hello, hope this will help. My son had to make a power cap, like the much more type. He would lose power then come right back.Installed this cap, no more proplems. It was like going into a fell safe mode.
Xrayracer05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:11 AM   #223
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Snowy, Mr. Henning,

The dial on the module is to switch between U.S. and EU. The power output is lower on the EU setting so range will be affected. Don't change the dial setting for use in the U.S.

Try linking the module and rx again. Most issues that aren't hardware related are due to the module or rx losing power from their battery supply. I have run the 2.4 in everything from 12th to 1/8 buggy without any problems for over a year now. If you still have trouble, send it in, Futaba will make it right for you.

Futaba, O.S. Engines, Tornado Fuel, Schumacher Racing, SpeedPassion USA, Eggroll Inc., Desoto Racing, Vesselli Racing
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:35 AM   #224
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speaking of range..............
Has anyone found the limit in radio range?
& Is there a "noticeable" delay @ long distances?

The Spektrum system advertises 3000'.
But it comes up WAY short @ 750' (with my 3PJ).

Hard Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:38 AM   #225
Team EAM
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Socko where was you for the Novak race? I figured you'd be there again.

Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | ORCA | Apex RC | ProSpec America | Killer Concepts | AVID | Futaba.

Distributor for ORCA and LeeSpeed.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote