Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
what is the best 19 turn motor (not spec) >

what is the best 19 turn motor (not spec)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what is the best 19 turn motor (not spec)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

well, this makes it easy. guess all the ones I have will turn into spares and I have to get me a DC Outlaw 19T. I have checked their website and I need some help. I found the following 19 Turn outlaw motors.

EVO-19 With Hand Wound Arm 17.5Awg (Non-UL-Arm) $55.00
Evo-19 With Outlaw 19 UL Armature $55.00

what is the difference? and which one am I looking for? I have no clue what an UL-armature is.

And what I also cannot find on their website is what kind of can and head is being used? Does it use regular size brushes, and stuff like that. Weird enough they don't have pics of the motors.

Yes, I did send them an e-mail yesterday, but no reply yet. Is there any chance they are going to be at the birds?
Old 01-28-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imprsme
Well if you can run them the Ultra birds are nice since they have adjustable timing... but for an out the pack 19t its gotta be the Integy 19t (blue one)!
Good idea about the adjustable timing, the handout at Cleveland this year at 24deg was around 165 watts on tourque setting of 9.5 @7.0volts

but when we cranked the timing to around 38 deg it went up to over 190 watts.

I like adjustable timing.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

The DC outlaw with the 17.5awg wire is what you are looking for compared to the 18 awg. or smaller.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Actually Jeff, I reckon if he doesn't have to conform to standard rules, he might as well get himself a UL version.

UL = Ultra-Light. Has a bunch of weight milled out of the stack - spins up significantly quicker than a standard weight armature.

Traditionally DC used a Reedy can for the outlaw, but I believe Curtis is chaging to the Integy can. Standard laydown brushes will fit it.

Hope that helps.

-Scott
Old 01-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Initiate

ahhh.. UL=ultra light.. thanx, that's what I need....

let me find out if they are going to be at the birds otherwise I'll order them from their website.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:17 PM
RSR
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by imprsme
... but for an out the pack 19t its gotta be the Integy 19t (blue one)!
Is this it?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:24 AM
Tech Adept

Exactly, that's the fastest out of the box. If your track let you put in anything as long as it's 19T, use the blue Integy/Atlas with DC outlaw 19 UL arm.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

don't forget the Corally Black 19T Spec .

Last edited by Victor A; 02-01-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ozoner
Actually Jeff, I reckon if he doesn't have to conform to standard rules, he might as well get himself a UL version.

UL = Ultra-Light. Has a bunch of weight milled out of the stack - spins up significantly quicker than a standard weight armature.

Traditionally DC used a Reedy can for the outlaw, but I believe Curtis is chaging to the Integy can. Standard laydown brushes will fit it.

Hope that helps.

-Scott
Ahhhh, I see what you mean, I was gunnin for the extra wattage of the larger wire.

Do you think one would be better for 12th or 10th? Or is the UL just better period?

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Victor A
don't forget the Corally Black 19T Spec .
What is it that you don't like the Corally 19T? I tried one and it seem to run pretty good with 4499 brushes.
Old 01-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's the point to a 19 turn spec class if any type of 19 turn motor is allowed?
That means No adjustable timing, laydown brushes, machine wound.

It's not a spec class when everyone follows the rules except one guy. or one guy follows the rule and the rest don't.

I thought 19 turn was just a faster stock class. Run mod, and then anything goes! How would you like it if you ran stock class and some guy had a hand wound 27 turn in a V-2 Or checkpoint can?

I'd probably go the route of a 19 turn Atlas. Like the integy one! I'll also try the Komodo Dragon when it gets released
Old 01-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
What's the point to a 19 turn spec class if any type of 19 turn motor is allowed?
That means No adjustable timing, laydown brushes, machine wound.

It's not a spec class when everyone follows the rules except one guy. or one guy follows the rule and the rest don't.

I thought 19 turn was just a faster stock class. Run mod, and then anything goes! How would you like it if you ran stock class and some guy had a hand wound 27 turn in a V-2 Or checkpoint can?
I think the point is that it works for them,at their track.He clearly stated that they don't run SPEC rules,so it's not a SPEC class.We have the same rule-any 19 turn-and it works for us too.Think of it as limited mod if you like.At our track we would much rather get out on the track and get after it than sit in the pits arguing about rules and looking for cheaters.It lets people run whatever they have or pick up cheap.Some guys run cheap machine wound motors like Speed Gems ect.Hybrid motors are ok as long as the arm is marked 19 turn.I run my Reedy motors with the timing turned DOWN so they last twice as long.

Apple-getting a motor wound with bigger wire is a good tip.I have a Team Brood Reedy quad mag with 18.5g wire and it is significantly stronger than a standard one.(the arm is clearly marked as having 18.5 gauge wire,and the stacks are polished so it is obviously visible that it is not a spec arm).If you want to do it on the cheap a C1 hemi wound arm in an MVP can work real well too.Dont get carried away cranking the timing up-the power gains are pretty small and it's really hard on the motors.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eddie M
What is it that you don't like the Corally 19T? I tried one and it seem to run pretty good with 4499 brushes.
Sorry, wrong smilie is used. The corally BLACK 19T spec is my favorite motor. Corally power !!!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Victor A
Sorry, wrong smilie is used. The corally BLACK 19T spec is my favorite motor. Corally power !!!
OK.
Old 02-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

the club apple is talking about has 2 classes.

1. hand out 23 turn motor
2. the "any" 19 turn motor.

the reason for no 'spec' 19 turn class is a compromis. and all is done by voting. there is no way to please everybody.

the 23 turn class is for starters and youth. any faster has proven to be too fast and scares off beginners.

but a lot of the drivers are actually very good. we have the local National Champion that drives there and a few more top local drivers. these drivers do NOT want a hand-out motor or any stock motor. but there had to be some ruling so they picked 19 turn so the beginning that drivers that are too good for the 23 turn class (like apple and me) would still be able to compete because unlimited modified would scare us off.

introducing an extra class, for example a (hand-out) 19 turn spec class would cause a whole lot of problems. it would create too many pretty empty b finals. (history has shown that) and too many heats for clubrace..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.