Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Recommened Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Any Recommened Cars?

Thinking about getting back into Electric On-Road again. Any recommendations? The Pros and Cons on the car on the current market. BTW, where I am at we run mostly rubber tires.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Go to your hobby store and track and see what parts are readily available. If that doesnt matter to you then I would say Schumacher ( ), Xray is popular but they release a kit every year and right now parts are hard to come by right now, TC4 is also good.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

not this again.......
Old 01-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Beyond parts availability, Pro-4s and Cyclones are great for asphalt, and JRXS is good for carpet(based entirely on the length of suspension arms, I know either can be adapted to whatever surface you race on). TC4 is a good one too, great way to get into racing, is by picking up an RTR, and upgrading from there. But if you have experience with cars, I suggest a kit. Once you pick a brand, research the car to see the hits/misses, and go from there.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would recommend a Corally RDX to anyone! Excellent quality of parts! Excelent car all around I love the way it handles and looks superb!! It's also very highly competitive!
Old 01-24-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Doesnt really matter. IT depends on what a lot of guys runs at your track so you can get help with your car, a car not to old becuase it could be hard to get parts.. otherwise any car that fits your driving style would be good. Driver is more important. fairly new cars are convenient becuase they can fit the Ib3800s/GP3700s.