Tamiya M-07 Concept >

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Like Tree507Likes

Tamiya M-07 Concept

Old 07-15-2017, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by altitudelow
My M07 manual included a somber warning about using my new RC Tank properly. I'll have to resist the temptation to drive this thing without the turret installed.

Lol.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nortran11
Buy a Tamiya screwdriver.....makes a world of difference.

What bodies are people using?
I'm trying the Mazda 2
Old 07-15-2017, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Real happy with the layout of everything

Using black foam (bumper) to keep the shorty battery in.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya M-07 Concept-img_2122.jpg   Tamiya M-07 Concept-img_2121.jpg  
Old 07-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Buy a Tamiya screwdriver.....makes a world of difference.

What bodies are people using?
Yes, because Tamiya doesn't use Phillips screws. They use JIS screws. They are slightly different. Even still, hex work better and the tools are common in the US unlike JIS drivers.

I think I'm going to pick up and ABC body for mine. I'm not sure of the style yet.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Completed my chassis build this morning, it was fun and the car feels more rock solid than any Tamiya I've built before.

I am slightly disappointed that Tamiya didn't include the standard accessories which are basically valueless to them (esc, silver can, tires) but add a lot of flexibility for the end user but I get that they're trying to market it as a racing kit. I ended up buying a used M05 v2 ARR for a really good deal and will steal the motor, esc, body, and tires from that to get me going.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Completed my chassis build this morning, it was fun and the car feels more rock solid than any Tamiya I've built before.

I am slightly disappointed that Tamiya didn't include the standard accessories which are basically valueless to them (esc, silver can, tires) but add a lot of flexibility for the end user but I get that they're trying to market it as a racing kit. I ended up buying a used M05 v2 ARR for a really good deal and will steal the motor, esc, body, and tires from that to get me going.
I'll have my mini with me the next two weekends at Fastlane if you can make it out.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cool! I'll be out there this weekend but my mini probably won't have a motor, body, or tires by then. Hopefully by next weekend it'll be rolling. Just look for your TA07 out there hehe.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Better way to search

Originally Posted by howardcano
I find having information on the M03, M04, M05, and sometimes M06 on a single thread on RCTech to be a disadvantage, given the limited search capabilities. The thread has grown too large and unwieldy.

Many other brands have a separate thread for each chassis type, and I like that. For instance, if I need info on my Awesomatix A700, I go to that particular thread, and don't have to wade through posts that are specific for the A800.

Other threads combine many different chassis in one thread. One example is the CRC 1/12 scale chassis. I'm never sure if the information there is applicable to the chassis I have-- the Alter Ego-- or only applies to the WC, or the Xti, or all, or... ad nauseum.
I found using Google much easier than rctech search engine. Just add rctech to the very end of your search term. You can also add the year.

Richard
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 07-15-2017, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Got the fan for motor mounted
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya M-07 Concept-img_2124.jpg   Tamiya M-07 Concept-img_2123.jpg  
k_bojar and JatoTheRipper like this.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Ran the car today first time.. out of the box, except shocks.

Great job Tamiya!!
k_bojar likes this.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Yes, because Tamiya doesn't use Phillips screws. They use JIS screws. They are slightly different. Even still, hex work better and the tools are common in the US unlike JIS drivers.

I think I'm going to pick up and ABC body for mine. I'm not sure of the style yet.

ABC bodies will not work on the M07 as they are 210mm and the M07 does not have a 210mm wheelbase.

I settled on the Mugen CRX Pro body by Tamiya, going to race it tomorrow...I'll post the results.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Those items are definitely not "valueless" to Tamiya. Including all of those items would have raised the price of the kit substantially.

Originally Posted by FunStuff
I found using Google much easier than rctech search engine. Just add rctech to the very end of your search term. You can also add the year.

Richard
That's why I do. It's pretty much true for every forum.

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Got the fan for motor mounted
Looks great!

Originally Posted by Al Sodano
Ran the car today first time.. out of the box, except shocks.

Great job Tamiya!!
Which shocks are you using?

ABC bodies will not work on the M07 as they are 210mm and the M07 does not have a 210mm wheelbase.
Doh! I thought ABC offered M bodies with different wheelbases. That's almost a deal breaker since I wanted an M chassis specifically for one or two ABC bodies.

I wonder if the M-07 will ever have the 210mm option.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
Those items are definitely not "valueless" to Tamiya. Including all of those items would have raised the price of the kit substantially.

That's why I do. It's pretty much true for every forum.

Looks great!

Which shocks are you using?

Doh! I thought ABC offered M bodies with different wheelbases. That's almost a deal breaker since I wanted an M chassis specifically for one or two ABC bodies.

I wonder if the M-07 will ever have the 210mm option.
M07 will never be able to support 210 mm wheel base unless they release a new main chassis just for that. It's not impossible but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well... some funky rear swingarms could do the job. But then you'd need to cut a hole in the back of the body to have the chassis stick out....
Old 07-17-2017, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

It is possible

But chassis has to be cut in half...

Source
I)arkness and JatoTheRipper like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.