R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-25-2006, 07:42 PM   #31
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to Michael Barch

I want to pick one up, but Im still too "new" to this thing.
Michael Barch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 PM   #32
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Sometimes you gotta suck it up and get-r-dun
sdmlsu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #33
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive owned both and ran them both on carpet with foams. I really like both of them actually. I got to where they would both turn about the same laps at the same speeds for my driving style. Only reason I chose the Losi, is that it is sooooo much easier to drive fast. Once you find that basic setup (easy now to the poplularity of the car) its dialed. Although most will tell you teh batterys are a pain, but who solders batteries fast anyway. Either way you will take your time. And if you put the corally (tube) connectors on your car it makes everything soooo much easier. Dont let something silly like that keep you from getting a great car.

There are a lot of other good options out there too. The only reason I would shy you away from any other is simply for parts availability. I honestly probably would have tried another car had I been able to get parts a little more easily. You need to find out what the fast guys are running at your home track (its good to get setup help from the fast locals) and find out what cars your shop supports the most and go that route. Its the easiest and quickest way to become competitive. I hope this helps.

Either way, have fun and race man.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:43 AM   #34
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not to bring the whole torque steer issue back up, but I've noticed that the more your shaft driven car wears in, (bearings get sloppy) torque steer rears it's ugly head. even in classes as slow as stock, it only gets worse the faster you go.

As for a belt drive car, when it's bearings get sloppy, it doesn't develop torque steer.

I started off with a losi, and then bought a Yokomo LCG. After a while when the bearing started to go bad, it would jog to the right after laying the hammer down. Since my losi didn't do that, I was'nt sure what was wrong.

I'm well aware of this phenomenon now, trust me it's annoying and I'm better off sticking with a car that doesn't have the potential of developing torque steer that bad!

Just My 2 cents
TeamXray RCAmerica Hudy Xlgraphicspro Paint/ Impulse-Rc Clutch shoes.
Xray XB 808 O.S. Speed Or Ninja JX
xlgraphicspro is offline   Reply With Quote