Wiki Posts
Search

TB-01 hop ups

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default TB-01 hop ups

what would be some of the best hop-ups to get for this car? i heard of using the tg-10 stearing instead of the stock one. anything else? thanks tamiya 4 life
Old 11-22-2002, 05:18 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Get ball bearings unless you have them already. Then the aluminum motor mount. This lets you use different pinion/spur combos instead of the fixed setup.

Then there are numerous other upgrades depending on your budget. CF chassis, long arm suspension set, etc.
Old 11-23-2002, 01:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

give up on the TB-01, if you want to race spend the same amount of money, and pick up a good used race quality chassis, i have recently run the TCS series and spent a fortune on tamiya hop ups and it is still a piece of shit
Old 11-25-2002, 12:29 AM
Tech Regular

Well, you may buy the optional TB 01 long suspension arm set with the TB evo UJ. It is more stable than using the alum set for tg10. And yes, the TG10 alum steering arm is worth getting. less slop. But it will cost you a fortune to get all this hop up. So I advise you to get the TBEvo3 or any other cars and if you intend to go for serious RC racing provided you have the cash. trust me, it is just now worth the money to mod. I have the mod TB01 and it cost a fortune

Last edited by RetroTamiya; 11-25-2002 at 12:31 AM.