Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Opinions on TC3 & XXX-S >

Opinions on TC3 & XXX-S

Opinions on TC3 & XXX-S

Old 11-24-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default Opinions on TC3 & XXX-S

I'm looking to buy one or the other but can't decide. Both are supported parts wise so that isn't an issue.

I want to know from drivers of both the Pros and Con of each.

Then I will wiegh the two and decide form there.

Please no bogus answers like Losi or Associated is better than the other due to this one winning this or that or more people drive this.

I want first hand experience of both cars. So far I'm leaning to the TC3 due to the fact that it is Rally worthy witht he Rally Coversion and there is a Nitro Counterpart.

Thanks, Rob
Old 11-25-2002, 09:38 AM
Tech Regular

im now running a losi and i use to own a tc3 (yokomo mr4sp and hpi pro3 as well). anyway both the losi and tc3 are really good kits. the losi handles a lot better than the tc3 on most conditions and the losi is almost tweak free. although the tc3 is easier to drive i got alot faster with the losi because of the more aggresive balance of the car.

in summary

losi is not as easy to drive compared to the tc3 so if u have alot of driving experience, i'd go with this car.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I own both of them and like them equally. I personally feel for stock racing I can usually make the tc3 go a little faster than the losi using the same motor and final ratio. They both handle very well and I feel that the losi has a little better roll speed. They both seem to be pretty durable. As a basic kit the xxx-s needs some hoppups to be worth a darn and the tc3 team kit needs nothing. As far as the full option versions they should be equal (whenever the xxx-s graphite shows up)
Old 11-25-2002, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Only from observation - I have not owned a XXX-S although I would like to play with one. . .

My old housemate had one as well as a FTC-3.

The XXX was very quick out of the box and with basic setup. It was easy to get it to go quick.

It was very difficult to get it refined to the point of very fast. Does that make sense? It was easy to get it within like 80% but very hard and expensive to get it farther than that. . .

I still want one though, just to play with . . .
Old 11-25-2002, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

I have both and yes, they both are great cars. The TC3 is very aggressive. Especially in Stock. It's really good if your driving style is to dive hard into the corner, swing the car around, then hammer it out of the turn. The Losi is a smoother car. If you drive nice flowing lines, the Losi can be faster. It shifts weight from side to side better than the TC3 in my opinion.

My gripe about the Losi is the acceleration\low end torque. I think the 64pitch gears helped that a bit but it still doesn't shoot out of the corners as fast as the TC3. Also the fact that it seems a bit heavy could be a contributor to the acceleration problem

My gripe about the TC3 is that the stock rear toe setting is 3 degees (each side) and it seems to scrub speed. If you switch to the 2 degree blocks, the rear end gets squirelly.

Just my opinion. In general, you can't go wrong with either one.