Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sensorless or sensored which would be faster

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Default sensorless or sensored which would be faster

If you had 2 brushless motors same kv same max rpms which one would have more punch to it and accelerate the fastest?? I just purchased a sensored motor similar to my sensorless in size and max rpms and I believe my sensorless was faster in my Kyosho.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:45 PM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As far as I know there should be no difference in out right performance if all things were the same. The sensorsed motor will
Give you better control on of motor speed especially at lower RPM's

Are the two motors/ESC's the same make etc?

Cheers,
Jim.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:50 AM
Tech Master

Thank you Jim for responding!! I am a new to the onroad electric scene. The 2 motors are made by the same company , Castle Creations similar max rpms for the motors . ESC's different the esc that came with the sensored motor has alot of new features. The sensored motor does not cog at low throttle. But just does not seem to have the same top end speed as the non sensored motor. It may just be me not adjusting the the new sensored motor right.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What are the specific model numbers of the motors?
Old 05-15-2017, 03:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you run a sensored motor sensorless, even if its in blinky mode, there will be a huge difference in performance. I was running a Hobbywing 21.5T motor on my F1 and the sensor wire broke when I was messing with the wiring on the car. I thought it shouldnt matter much as Im only running blinky, but the car wouldnt start from a stand still, the ESC doesnt know if the motor is turning the right way or not and I had to give the car a little push to get it to run. Power delivery is very rough and its lacking a lot of power and speed down the straight or out of the corner. Slapped a new sensor wire on the motor and the car instantly came back to life
Old 05-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

gigaplex, sensored motor castle creations 1515 2200kv, code 060-0063-00 sensorless ,1515 2200kv code 060-0004-00. Alot of adjustments with the new ESC that comes with the sensored motor with each adjustment I am getting more performace out of the motor.