Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm pretty happy they finally considered my remarks on the 2014 model LOL
Old 05-19-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Windycity will have a online store up next week for all WRC kits and parts ready to ship....
Old 05-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

sweet
Old 05-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Wallace Motorsports is the official WRC distributor check out the websight or shoot me a direct messege for orders or my email [email protected]
Old 05-21-2017, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Windycity Rc raceway and hobbies is an official US distributor as well with stock on the way here next week so keep an eye out for the store this week. Parts and kits ready to ship. Also check out Facebook page for updates as well.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:37 AM
Regional Moderator

So I was able to put a few labs down this weekend to get a feel of the car. It was mostly positive with minor complaints.

Track: Medium grip asphalt, ~25c surface temp

Setup (matching my previous car as close as possible):
13.5T unlimited
SkyRC 120A (temp setup, soon to be Orca R32)
-2 degrees camber all round
1 degree front toe out
3 degrees rear toe in
Droop front 5mm, rear 4mm
Ride height 5mm F and R
Shock position: 3rd hole from inside front and rear
Shock oil: Team Ass 45wt
Diff Oil: 7000wt
Wheels and tires: Stock

Initial impression: Turns was pretty decent, the felt like it has a lot steering The springs the car includes were way too soft tho. The car rolled around too much and dragging the chassis on the ground during turns or down the straight. I didnt have any stiffer springs to test so I moved the shocks one position outward so they would stand up straight more. The car felt stiffer and had a better rebound than before, but standing up the shocks also made the car understeer more.

The stock plastic servo horn was pretty much useless as it instantly stripped once I hit something. I swapped it out for an all metal one which was WAY better. The steering was a mess with the car since I mentioned the C hub was pinching down on the steering knuckles too much making them really stiff. This took out and play in the steering so the car wouldnt return to neutral after a turn and would veer left or right after a turn. It was a bit of a handful to drive to say the least. Ive since heated up the C hubs and bend it back a little so it doesnt pinch down on the knuckles and that freed up the steering a lot. But its still not as buttery smooth as I hoped with the ball bearing sliding rack. The rack wouldnt move under its own weight and when sliding it back and forth, it feels really gritty and notchy. Im not sure what else could of went wrong, Im sure I built it correctly, gonna take it back to the shop and see if they can figure it out.

One last minor thing to complain about are the body posts. I had a minor crash and flipped the car on its top. It upright itself and I continued to drive the car, but the body was dragging pretty badly. At first I was like, crap, an arm broke, there goes my day. Went to pick up the car and realized the rear of the body wasnt attached to the car. My second reaction was, GREAT, the shock tower broke, but finally, I realized the body post had just snapped off the base. I have NEVER seen body post do that, EVER. Good thing a guy at the track had just bought some new body post that actually fits my car and sold it to me first. I expected the body post to be tougher than that.

All in all, I enjoy the car, but wished part of the kit were of better quality. The most disappointed thing has to be the steering rack, hopefully I can find a solution to fix it.
Drift_Buggy likes this.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Reviews like this, that tell it like it is, are highly appreciated by racers such as myself who just don't have time anymore for build issues etc. Also, if you break a part such as a steering knuckle, arm or C-hub - the fresh part out of the bag will need to be modified in order to work properly. I appreciate other manufactures designs (love the belt tension adjusters on this car) but shortage of tinkering time has me running mostly Xray now. Anyway - thanks for the review disaster999.
disaster999 likes this.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Well we ran the car today for the first time at the Florida state electric series race at the civic center in fort Myers I ran 17.5 and the car was dialed this being my first electric race ever and knowing nothing about timing motors etc I was able to qualify 6th direct spot in the a final, during the main the car was fast and so was everybody else I was able to gain one position in the 6 minute freight train, and the car was pretty much on pace I was extremely happy with the results any questions on settup feel free to email me or pm
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommydWrc239
Well we ran the car today for the first time at the Florida state electric series race at the civic center in fort Myers I ran 17.5 and the car was dialed this being my first electric race ever and knowing nothing about timing motors etc I was able to qualify 6th direct spot in the a final, during the main the car was fast and so was everybody else I was able to gain one position in the 6 minute freight train, and the car was pretty much on pace I was extremely happy with the results any questions on settup feel free to email me or pm
Indeed your car was dialed
Old 05-21-2017, 10:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Did you encounter any of the problem I mentioned during your build? How was your steering rail? Any idea how to smooth out the steering rails?
Old 05-22-2017, 01:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't want to have a go, but I'm going to anyways ...

Sure you set the car up quick but there are no notes as to how you went about the build, the setup, tires anything ...

There's nothing on Arno's setup website since 2016 March

This thread has only peaked some interest because disaster999 has done a mini-review. He's spent a day trying the car out and mentioned a few things he's been struggling with.

You've just come along as the "distributor" and not provided any additional news/info on the car's build/setup. It's not difficult to post a picture of the setup used or even type out some of the main points of the setup, as disaster999 has done.

It's so frustrating to see the message "PM me for the setup details!" ... just bloody post them
disaster999 likes this.
Old 05-22-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

a pretty good driver at our track ran this car this past weekend and was having issues w/ the steering buckles either bending or completely breaking. is there some type of issue with the steering rack that causes these to be more susceptible to breaking as his was?
Old 05-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by phatboislim
a pretty good driver at our track ran this car this past weekend and was having issues w/ the steering buckles either bending or completely breaking. is there some type of issue with the steering rack that causes these to be more susceptible to breaking as his was?
Well I don't see how the steering linkages would bend or break on its own without crashing and I don't see how the steering rack, being as unsmooth as it is now, would cause it to bend or break.

The included turnbuckles do feel pretty hard, they hardly got scratched up when i adjusted them with harden steel turnbuckle wrenches, so I wouldn't be surprised if it snapped when he crashed.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by disaster999
Well I don't see how the steering linkages would bend or break on its own without crashing and I don't see how the steering rack, being as unsmooth as it is now, would cause it to bend or break.

The included turnbuckles do feel pretty hard, they hardly got scratched up when i adjusted them with harden steel turnbuckle wrenches, so I wouldn't be surprised if it snapped when he crashed.
It's weird that I never had the issue running a mod 1/12 but running a 21.5 in a WRC car seemed to detrimental. I tapped a board on the sweeper, barely upset the car and then it wouldn't turn, pulled the car and it had a bent steering link. From my experience building the car I am far from impressed with it. Every arm had to be reamed, the steering knuckles didn't fit into the C hubs (they had to be sanded down) the diff leaks and had to be lapped to a flat finish to make it seal, the shocks are the worse shocks I have ever built ( I ended up picking up Yeah racing ones for $25 that built 1000x better). Maybe I got a bad kit, but from what I have seen so far I wouldn't recommend this thing to anyone.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by disaster999
Did you encounter any of the problem I mentioned during your build? How was your steering rail? Any idea how to smooth out the steering rails?
The steering rail on mine was pretty bad too. I ended up taking a small fine file and deburring it then went over that with 2000 grit sand paper over the file and wet sanded the inner part of the rail until it was smooth. Trial and error fitting the bearings and testing to see if it was smooth or not. It took a while but it's smooth now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.