Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A. >

2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.

Like Tree348Likes

Old 05-15-2017, 06:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Who will be this years National Champions?

2011 National Champions
Dave Johnson VTA
RJ Whiteside USGT
Kody Fry Jr VTA

2012 National Champions
Richard Devroeg VTA
RJ Whiteside USGT
Calvin Rogers Jr VTA

2013 National Champions
Robert King VTA
Rich Murphy USGT
David Owens Jr Jr VTA

2014 National Champions
Cory Parsons VTA
Fabio Evangelista USGT
David Owens Jr Jr VTA

2015 National Champions
Jeremiah Ward VTA
Matt Lyons USGT
David Owens Jr Jr VTA
Cory Parsons Pro Invite VTA

2016 National Champions
Cody Armes VTA
Jeremiah Ward USGT
Sean Jackson JR Jr VTA
Matt Lyons IROC Pro GT
Myron Kinnard Pro Invite VTA

who will be champions in 2017?
Attached Thumbnails 2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-prolix-logo-transparent2.png   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-images.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-10629587_1551082351771552_3151195398412102055_n.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-left_image_1_36683598-8879-4ee8-92c3-43851eafeb68_450x.png   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-shop_logo.png  

Old 05-16-2017, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I think i fix it
It doesn't look like it worked...
DARKSIDE likes this.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

thank you PF
Attached Thumbnails 2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-18491487_10154409098606857_3767402218499393430_o.jpg  
ASM likes this.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Darkside Productions would like to welcome you back to another great year of some of the best U.S.VTA racing anywhere. Robert Dirla and Thunder RC Raceway will be hosting the event for the 7th year in a row. We would like to invite the best, and average racer to come join us. We plan to have a great mix of racers of all ages and skill level. With the edition of new bodies,tires, and strong rules for motors, the VTA class should be attractive to all.

Signup will go live Friday May 5th....TQ signup for VTA will get FREE entry to that class.

https://www.rcsignup.com/tracks/prof...nt.cfm?id=5691

Paypal:
[email protected]

lots of pics and information

https://plus.google.com/110031093043388815405

VTA,GT, and F1 will have Concourse for Best of Show, and Runner up. It must be run in the main

Crowning KING of VTA (pending) more details to come

September 21-24th

Thunder Rc Raceway

Classes:

Pro Invintational VTA
a. must have TQ'd or finished in the top 10 of one of the following events running U.S.VTA rules: Scale Nats(Chicago) Southern Nats(Nashville) Summit Nats(Ft Wayne) Halloween Classic or Summer Slam(Cleveland) Snowbirds Nats(Orlando) U.S.VTA Pavement Nats (FL) or the U.S.VTA National Points Series...other events will be considered
b. sponsored racers are encouraged to run this class over regular VTA, but sponsored or unsponsored is welcomed
c.handout Novak VTA Boss 25.5, built by Charlie and/or Bob Novak. Built to be as equal as possible. One motor per racer
d. battery will be tech for capacity with the ICharger. NEW Rule is 6000 mah. Must use the same battery, limit 2.
e. simple points system 1-10, lowest amount of points wins. tie breakers will be times and laps
f. limited to 10 racers
g. random sort and starts using all 3 types: rolling, lemans, inverted
h. 6 rounds at 10 min each

I.R.O.C. Pro GT Class
a. must have TQ'd or finished in the top 10 of one of the following events running U.S.VTA rules: Scale Nats(Chicago) Southern Nats(Nashville) Summit Nats(Ft Wayne) Halloween Classic or Summer Slam(Cleveland) Snowbirds Nats(Orlando) U.S.VTA Pavement Nats (FL) or the U.S.VTA National Points Series...other events will be considered
b.sponsored racers are encouraged to run this class over regular GT, but sponsored or unsponsored are welcome
c. limited to 10 racers
d. 6 rounds at 10 min each

USVTA
a. tires must have visible tread to pass tech
b. all blinky type esc must be on the ROAR list
c. all qual will be heads up. Thats 5 qual for VTA. A-main will be triple mains points style if time permits

USGT
a. tires must have visible tread to pass tech
b. all blinky type esc must be on the ROAR list
c. bodies must have at least 3 numbers
d. must be in some form of race lively
e. must have a front and rear bumper of some sort.
f. use your decals and make it look like a race car including headlights and taillights
g. all rotors can not be larger than 12.5 mm in diameter

Fomula 1
a. the stock wing on the new Xray F1 car is allowed, but it must be trimmed correctly
b. Novak or ROAR approved 25.5 motors only

Jr VTA
a. 16 and under with possible exceptions like moms/girlfriends ect
b. USVTA rules will be loose. ask if you are not sure

TC 17.5
12th Scale 13.5

Thursday noon to midnight practice setup

Friday 8am till 4pm practice, 5pm 1st chance qualifier

Saturday 8am tll noon practice, qualifiers 4 rounds

Sundays 8am till 10am practice,mains at 11am

Tech will be very strong this year as well...

Sponsors:
Paul Lemieux and Gravity RC/Motiv
Team Gravity Rc | RC Racing
Don and Team Associated and Reedy Powered
https://www.teamassociated.com/
Gary and McAllister Racing Products
RC Race car bodies
Justin and Track Lyons
https://www.facebook.com/TrackLyons/
Kayla and Boca Bearings
https://www.bocabearings.com/
Mike and the Exotek Racing
Exotek Racing
Barbara and Maclan Racing
Maclan Racing RC
Barbara and Xpert RC
xpert-rc
Eric and PROTOform RC
PROTOform | RC Bodies & Accessories
Andy and Alpha RC F1
https://www.facebook.com/AlphaRCRace...SEARCH&fref=nf
John and Prolix
https://www.facebook.com/ProlixRC/

Who will be this years National Champions?

2011 National Champions
Dave Johnson VTA
RJ Whiteside USGT
Kody Fry Jr VTA

2012 National Champions
Richard Devroeg VTA
RJ Whiteside USGT
Calvin Rogers Jr VTA

2013 National Champions
Robert King VTA
Rich Murphy USGT
David Owens Jr Jr VTA

2014 National Champions
Cory Parsons VTA
Fabio Evangelista USGT
David Owens Jr Jr VTA

2015 National Champions
Jeremiah Ward VTA
Matt Lyons USGT
David Owens Jr Jr VTA
Cory Parsons Pro Invite VTA

2016 National Champions
Cody Armes VTA
Jeremiah Ward USGT
Sean Jackson JR Jr VTA
Matt Lyons IROC Pro GT
Myron Kinnard Pro Invite VTA

who will be champions in 2017?
Originally Posted by RedBMaster
It doesn't look like it worked...
is there just fine
DARKSIDE likes this.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

NEW ANNOUNCEMENT THIS WEEK!!!!!!!...

man I need some tires????
lol
Attached Thumbnails 2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-18491487_10154409098606857_3767402218499393430_o.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-20170515_170938.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-image1.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-image2.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-image4.jpg  

Old 05-17-2017, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Here we go....thank you for always having our backs and especially mine. Don and the great people at Team Associated and Reedy Powered have come through year after year with no hesitation to make sure we are supported.

Welcome again and thank you....check them out here

https://www.teamassociated.com/
Good morning USVTA world....please help me welcome Gary and McAllister Racing Products to this years event. Gary and friends are all over the USVTA and USGT bodies, producing them with new styles and types for racers across the country.

We are pleased to have them this year and check out all their products at....

RC Race car bodies
Concourse, the event within the event.....Ive seen some of the best bodies looking so good over the years. And I understand the time and effort to get the results we want from our paint jobs. Well if you dont know, let me introduce you to Mr. Justin Lyons and his Track Lyons Curbs. These are design to basically save your bodies and keep that lid looking new. Tracks all across the country have started using these including Snowbirds. Now Justin and his Curbs are coming to the USVTA Southern Nationals.

He is also doing a racer and beginner layout that will be fun and challenging for all. Nice flow and enough technical run to make everyone smile.

So please join me in thanking Justin and Track Lyons for coming onboard for this years event. You can check out more of his amazing products here

https://www.facebook.com/TrackLyons/
7 years in a row the people at Boca have come with some nice prizes every year...and they are back to help us again this year.

Kayla and Boca Bearings has a long standing relationship with racers across the globe. Please support them as they support us.

https://www.bocabearings.com/
This morning after a great yesterday with my grandmother who turned a beautiful 100 years old....

I recieved confirmation that Mike and the Exotek Racing would be joining us for this years event. As we all know Exotek is always putting out new ideas and the RD is always on the radar. We can always use some support from great companies and people like Mike and Exotek.

Please take the time to check out the products and watch for teasers from Exotek Racing

Exotek Racing
guys we are getting some great people to join us this year....please welcome Barbara and Maclan Racing to this years event....here is some information from the website

Officially launched in August, 2015, Maclan Racing is a highly skilled group of people looking to bring quality innovative products to the RC industry. With over 25 years of combined experience in the industry. We at Maclan strive to bring innovation, quality, and the highest level of support. Support that starts before you even buy the product, with information and product knowledge. We provide ongoing support when the product is purchased, with high quality presentation of materials and performance of the product. Continuing with superior technical support and customer service for the life of the product.

The Maclan Racing Team has won multiple ROAR National Championships in both on road and off road competitions. We have won events across the United States and around the world including top finishes at IFMAR World Championship events.

Maclan Racing does not copy other company’s products. Maclan Racing is looking to innovate and come up with ideas and products outside the standards used by others. Innovations with a goal of high quality and performance, with superior support and service. All Maclan Racing products are tested, distributed and serviced through our office in Redmond Washington (USA). Stay tuned, we will announce a very exciting product map of Maclan Racing very soon.

thank you for the support and your dedication to the hobby

Maclan Racing
Barbara has also brought along Xpert RC as a added bonus....please welcome them

xpert-rc
Congrads to Wes Mccutcheon for being fast on the signups....you just won FREE entry into the VTA class at the 2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A....thank you
Let me start by saying that support is a very important part of any event, but for our event....its 95%...between racers and sponsors its the only way to keep this going....with that being said....

We would like to thank Paul Lemieux and Gravity RC/Motiv for another year of support and sponsorship. Paul"s products are some of the best on the market, and he is very accessible to his customers, and racers.

Thank you and please check out his products at

Team Gravity Rc | RC Racing
they just keep coming....I would like to thank Eric and Dale at PROTOform for a lot of things, but for now I will just limit to this event. The great guys at PF are sponsoring the 2017 I.R.O.C. Pro GT class this year. They will be suppling bodies for each racer that runs this class this year. So please help me thank them by showing support to PROTOform

PROTOform | RC Bodies & Accessories

I.R.O.C. Pro GT Class sponsored by PROTOform
b.sponsored racers are encouraged to run this class over regular GT, but sponsored or unsponsored is welcomed
c. limited to 10 racers
e. you will recieve a NEW PROTOform body for the class
f. All included decals must be used or sub with paint
Good morning, USVTA racers...Please help me welcome back to this years event, Mr Andy Wallace and Alpha RC F1. Andy is back again to help and support F1. And with it being probably one of the largest classes this year, we really need to thank him. He is always pushing F1 to get to the top of the onroad food chain, and he has done everything including building and loaning cars to other racers. Thats dedication.

So please help me welcome back Andy and Alpha RC F1

https://www.facebook.com/AlphaRCRace...SEARCH&fref=nf
I would like to welcome newcomer John and Prolix RC. John has been developing new products for RC cars, that are very helpful for racers. Please welcome him and Prolix RC to this years event.

Thank you John and Prolix

please check out his products here

https://www.facebook.com/ProlixRC/
Good afternoon USVTA World.....we are rolling and building to one of our best years yet. And our great sponsors are doing there part, like Hobbywing North America. The people at HW have been here with us before, and this year Im told they will out do themself....whatever that may be. We are happy to have them and please join me to help them help us....

Welcome Hobbywing North America

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/
Good morning....if pan cars are on your mind for this event, you have to be happy about this news....please join me in welcoming for the 1st time to the USVTA Southern Nationals, Calandra Racing Concepts, better known as CRC. CRC is a winner in every way, and the drivers and products produce "wins" at every level of RC racing....

And if you didnt know for you F1 guys looking for that edge:

Team CRC is happy to announce that we will distribute the Fenix racing line in North America.

so please support them and check out all the great products at:

Calandra Racing Concepts Inc.
I would like to give a very big thank you to our friends and sponsor at Hobywing North America. They have decided to help with our IROC class this year and be the exclusive motor for the class. We will use the

https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/prod...nt=27383102024

as a handout motor....we will check all 10 motors with the motor equipment I have and make sure they are as equal as possible.

So for you USGT racers that think you are the BEST of the BEST...here is your chance to prove it....Im inviting you to level the playing field a little more and put your driving and setup skills to the test.

Lock and loaded for the I.R.O.C. Pro GT class...still more to come...

I.R.O.C. Pro GT Class sponsored by PROTOform and Hobbywing
b.sponsored racers are encouraged to run this class over regular GT, but sponsored or unsponsored is welcomed
c. limited to 10 racers
e. you will recieve a NEW PROTOform body for the class
f. All included decals must be used or sub with paint
g. Hobbywing Handout motor with locked timing, One motor per racer
thank you PF
thank you to all our great sponsors...please support them as they support us
Attached Thumbnails 2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-17635242_1339476439441571_8730698063536842762_o.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-20140920_111109.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-cars4.png   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-3.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-15994686_1257544104301472_3160276722761676508_o.jpg  

Old 05-17-2017, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
is there just fine
Right on, I see it now! Ty you fixing it!
Marcos.J and DARKSIDE like this.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

looks like things are looking really good and a possible sell-out is in the makings....Im missing some key racers that havent made their way over to RCsignups yet?...but I know they will....

https://www.rcsignup.com/tracks/prof...nt.cfm?ID=5691

Im working on a host hotel and food for the event....as well as as much fun and excitement I can provide.

Hope you all can attend, but we only have room for about 80 bodies....so we are half way now...so dont get left out....get your 1st entry in and paid and secure your spot at the table....

cya soon....

???isnt payday on Fridays???...js
Attached Thumbnails 2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-xpert-logo.gif   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-motiv-rc-racing-motors.png   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-fb_img_1493685226850.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-graphic-logocolor.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-novak.jpg  

scirocco14 likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Having been to the USVTA Southern Nationals the last few years, it was great to be connect faces with names. I would like to be able to identify other racers by their RCTech login more easily. What (inexpensive) ideas do you think best?
scirocco14 likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

works at school
Attached Thumbnails 2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-name-tags.jpg  
NutDriver and scirocco14 like this.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

DARKSIDE, Metalsoft and scirocco14 like this.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

no your name is 2nd place if you racing me....
Attached Thumbnails 2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-18491580_1342667389150544_7789415673450985592_o.jpg  
Old 05-18-2017, 10:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

no your name is 2nd place if you racing me....
Nice shirt, but who is the king of VTA?

Also you might want to check the section on ROAR website.

" 1.6.5 No racer wearing bright green or yellow shoes are allowed. If that is the only pair of shoes they have, then they must start at the back of the pack 6 laps down."
DARKSIDE likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Metalsoft
Nice shirt, but who is the king of VTA?

Also you might want to check the section on ROAR website.

" 1.6.5 No racer wearing bright green or yellow shoes are allowed. If that is the only pair of shoes they have, then they must start at the back of the pack 6 laps down."
yeah still have that shirt...but my wonderful wife had that made for me, and I took that thing to every race I went to....funny thing was, I had the shirt under my hoodie all day...just in case I didnt win...lol....

but to be fair, Rob King is the King of VTA as for now....He has beaten me in Chicago this year, and I beat him there a few years back...but I TQ both lol..Ive never beat him at Summit, or Southern Nats(he won)....plus he is the head of the USVTA organization.....

But if he brings his Chicago Bears t-shirt wearing tale to Music City this year, it will be a different song all together

So yes Mr Rob King...KING of VTA...Im calling you out

as far as ROAR...whatever, Im a USVTA guy...lol
Attached Thumbnails 2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-5.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-526570_528970243846394_1630641384_n.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-robk.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-good2.jpg   2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.-1239606_3375127233953_926249838_n.jpg  

Metalsoft and JRnotEwing like this.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

for more wonderful pics

https://plus.google.com/photos/11003...33162598138257

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.