Search
Like Tree13Likes

LCG Batteries are they as good as regular batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vivo quevas
I tested all my batteries last night on my turbo GFX and the LCG 5000mah Fantom held the voltage over a 6 minute 20 amp discharge as well as my SMC 6000 mah 2s full size packs. They were also .10 of volt higher on the start of discharge to the end of discharge over my GensAce batteries. That was 3 Fantom LCG 5000 2 SMC 6000, 2 GensAce 6000mah, 1 GensAce 6500, GensAce 5000 mah, and a GensAce​ 5800 mah.
The SMC had the lowest IR 1.6 average per cell, LCG 1.8 and the GensAce were all mid 2s IR. In 6 minute's the packs all of them had a 1680 range of mah drawn out.
Did you look at just final numbers or a curve? Looks like the full length packs fare better than the shorties.

Interestingly enough, i had a very good driver tell me just last weekend that he uses a short lcg in 21.5 f1 so the throttle response is softer in lower traction conditions
Old 04-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yes I tracked it in 20 second intervals. In a F1 car that would be a shorty pack as stated in above posts the shorties have high resistance that will give you less punch.