R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Spec tires - Tc 17.5 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/983734-spec-tires-tc-17-5-a.html)

Penz316 04-03-2017 05:23 PM

Spec tires - Tc 17.5

Hey guys,
I was wondering which specs tires do you run to your local club for TC 17.5

My local club doesn't have the roll-out to buy a big package of tires at the beginning of the year so they order smaller packages often during the year. We are running the Jaco blue tire. They look great and for a long time, it's been the ideal spec tire (good grip and they were lasting longer than the sweep tire we were using before).

But lately, I'm seeing a big gap (lap time and wear) between batch. Some need the sidewall to be glued and some, not !

So my question is :

1. Which tire do you use ?
2. How do you manage to get the same "batch" or performance during the year ?

Thanks,
Alex

hanulec 04-03-2017 07:16 PM

Hey Alex.. sadly tires can change batch to batch. The jacos got a bit softer a month or two before birds... But since 2014 they were the same.
I guess your on grey rug... Otherwise any tires would flip on black rug

Marcos.J 04-03-2017 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Penz316 (Post 14889633)
Hey guys,
I was wondering which specs tires do you run to your local club for TC 17.5

My local club doesn't have the roll-out to buy a big package of tires at the beginning of the year so they order smaller packages often during the year. We are running the Jaco blue tire. They look great and for a long time, it's been the ideal spec tire (good grip and they were lasting longer than the sweep tire we were using before).

But lately, I'm seeing a big gap (lap time and wear) between batch. Some need the sidewall to be glued and some, not !

So my question is :

1. Which tire do you use ?
2. How do you manage to get the same "batch" or performance during the year ?

Thanks,
Alex

ours in Florida is Solaris

alecladanga 04-04-2017 01:46 AM

we've used ride 36 tires before, lasts long but not consistent.

We've switched to rush 36 tires, runs like a sorex but more consistent and cheaper.

SteveM 04-04-2017 03:03 AM

Alex - I see that you are in Montreal and if you run at St Hy, then their carpet is high traction and the Jaco Blues are what they use as a spec tire for 17.5 sedan. When I last ran there, these tires came off the track gummed up from picking up debris off the track.

In Ottawa, we run the Sorex 28R tires and almost always buy the premounts sold by Schumacher (SCHXG28RK) with the black insert when available. The APS Sorex 28R also work. You might try the Sorex 32R or 36R premounts

Penz316 04-06-2017 04:02 PM

Thanks Mike for the answer, my question was more about : as a club, how do you manage to have a spec tire that makes an even playground during the complete season of racing.

Don’t get me wrong, the Jaco blue is a great spec tire. It’s just the lately, we find a considerable gap between batch and I was wondering how the local club work too level the playing field.

For example, does your club get a huge amount of tire at the beginning of the season ? Do you limit the number of tires set a racer can buy during the season ?

@Steve : Yes I’m racing at St-Hyacinthe and I was there when you came racing with us. You should come racing against with us.

The Sorex tires are great but the last time we race them, they were so fast in the first two run that people start running brand new tires each run.