R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree120Likes

Old 04-02-2017, 11:05 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Let's see you actually get one from there for that in stock, RCmart has lower prices on many things but the shipping may just put overall cost right back to 100.00, you will not on average get a new TP motor for 60.00 bucks. So anyway to move on we all on average will pay the price I said, RCmart is an outlier.
ERC
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 11:55 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by san. View Post
And oddly enough, none of these took 1st @ Eastern State Champs'. It was a Team Power Actinium v2 that won the USGT Amain.
Of course, the Actinium V2 is also part of the new generation of those motors. I have one myself, & I like it alot, getting strong performance with less timing advance than I'd feel the need for when using my older motors(though it doesn't run any cooler, but I still like the way it runs like this).

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:01 AM   #18
Tech Apprentice

What is everyone's opinion of the top 21.5's
RevolutionM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 301 (100%+)

Very much track dependent, a lot of people are winning here with the R1 motors

Fry crack corn and I don't care,
Leela crack corn, I still don't care,
Bender crack corn and he is great!
Take that you stupid corn!

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:43 AM   #20
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler View Post
Let's see you actually get one from there for that in stock, RCmart has lower prices on many things but the shipping may just put overall cost right back to 100.00, you will not on average get a new TP motor for 60.00 bucks. So anyway to move on we all on average will pay the price I said, RCmart is an outlier.
Plus their linked price excluding shipping was still more than 10% higher than originally claimed.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 01:31 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A good defined price limit rule in the gegulations could stop these unwanted developments.

Nevertheless stock classes are never fair. Even with the same material. Someone will always be lucky and get a better produced part or lower resistance battery or ... Then the slower drivers question the performance of the faster ones. Although it it may be just a setup step forward. With 21.5t motors the way you accelerate out of the corner can make a huge difference. Sometimes one meter. So your opponent then thinks you have more power, your battery is better, you cheat...
I have once experienced after making an open class to a stock class that two guys ran away from the field and started lapping the field after several laps. So everbody screamed cheating. In the end it was just setup, corner speed and skill.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:35 AM   #22
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 301 (100%+)

Chassis is a massive factor now, an A800 or a Serpent 4X with their LCG can carry a lot more corner speed than a T4 or a BD7 or similar, amuses me how many peoplea ask what motor I run and don't realize that on the straight, I'm no quicker, but I can carry more corner speed without the car being unstable, and that, even half a second a lap, is a 7-8 second margin at the finish line.

Fry crack corn and I don't care,
Leela crack corn, I still don't care,
Bender crack corn and he is great!
Take that you stupid corn!

nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 02:09 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Chassis is a massive factor now, an A800 or a Serpent 4X with their LCG can carry a lot more corner speed than a T4 or a BD7 or similar, amuses me how many peoplea ask what motor I run and don't realize that on the straight, I'm no quicker, but I can carry more corner speed without the car being unstable, and that, even half a second a lap, is a 7-8 second margin at the finish line.
I am tempted by the A800 but they are so expensive and seem to break easier.
PaulC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:56 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler View Post
I have had good luck with RCMart. I was skeptical at first, but they had the best prices on the yeah racing parts for a TT02, so I took a chance on them. $4 shipping on small parts is more than reasonable from Hong Kong to Ohio. The cheap shipping says it could take 10-30 days and they mean it. I have had orders take 10 days and one order almost took the full 30 days. Most have gotten to me in about 14 days. They will send a link for tracking through Hong Kong Post, but I have never gotten it to work. My last order I was in a hurry so I picked the $14 shipping through DHL (3-10 day), I was expecting it to take about a week but it got to me in two days. Pretty good for halfway around the world.

So far I have not had to deal with customer service. Every order arrived as it should. I am sure in the future if I have something missing or wrong, then getting it corrected may be a chore.
Flash74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:13 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
I have an A700, A800 and T4 2016. I find no obvious advantage in corner speed between the A800 and T4 2016. In my opinion it comes down to the driver, setup and who has the latest and greatest motor.
malkiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 06:20 AM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

is it roar approved?

if you are looking at no-roar, then go with the trackstar v2 outlaw !!! those are soooo fast and cheap.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:23 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

For club level, a nice trackstar v2 roar approved will do the trick. not need to spend over 100$.

don't forget and you will bump into the board or someone will bump you so the 0.2 sec per lap that you will get with a + 100$ motor, you will lose it when you will hit the board !!!

however, in a big race where most of the driver don't make mistake, then yes, best motor will have an advantage (well, I think !!! )
Old 04-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
People that run a 650 dollar chassis in usgt need the win more than I do. JMO
Grizzbob and skater-deez1 like this.
Metalsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:28 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The closest club to me has resorted to running 25.5 TC and make it the spec class. The racing is insanely close. Almost everyone is finishing on the same lap. This is due to the spec of the 25.5 motor and the minimum internal resistance.

As for the 21.5 classes, the big races I have seen, from A to C main overall difference was less than 6 seconds. So that is pretty damn close racing. One of our guys was running in the top 3 overall, tapped a pipe and car then ended up in the back of the B main. So that is close.
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:42 PM   #30
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to beyondthepack

Back in the day guys would cut there 19T motors down, and have them good for a few runs lol. The only way to get around the "stock" is to have hand outs. Let's be honest, that would likely not happen with all the money and R & D companies have done with there products.

Mentioned above, Set-up (gearing) is a huge factor, and let's not forget about driver. As far as chassis, well that's another debate all together.

My 2 cents.
beyondthepack is offline   Reply With Quote