R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   3 Racing Heatsink/Fan (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/98104-3-racing-heatsink-fan.html)

Gael L 01-17-2006 01:31 PM

3 Racing Heatsink/Fan

I just picked one of these up but they do not come with any install instructions. I searched the site but did not find any info. Is anyone using this that can provide some insight?

Thanks.

XingXing 01-17-2006 02:15 PM

clamp it on motor :weird:

rc-zombies 01-17-2006 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Killa G
I just picked one of these up but they do not come with any install instructions. I searched the site but did not find any info. Is anyone using this that can provide some insight?

Thanks.

what XingXing said..and plug it into the reciever.. :rolleyes:

PaZ 01-17-2006 02:40 PM

if its got a fan you need to solder the fan wires in, i soldered mine direct to the wires cummin off the cells into the speed controller so its always on when the batts are pluged in

rc-zombies 01-17-2006 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by PaZ
if its got a fan you need to solder the fan wires in, i soldered mine direct to the wires cummin off the cells into the speed controller so its always on when the batts are pluged in

plugs for the reciever are already installed...
just plug and go.

PaZ 01-17-2006 02:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
no i had to solder mine to the battery wire

XingXing 01-17-2006 02:57 PM

i suggest you dont use the fan. unless you want a fried ESC/servo and receiver. look at the wire on the fan side, they are exposed and so close to shorting with and slight movement of the wire :weird:

PaZ 01-17-2006 02:59 PM

ive been racing that for ages it might not be as tidy as it should be but thats cause im in the process off a strip down hence the fact most of the car is appart i just chucked it on to show you that i had to solder it onto the wires thats all. also where are they exposed?

XingXing 01-17-2006 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by PaZ
ive been racing that for ages it might not be as tidy as it should be but thats cause im in the process off a strip down hence the fact most of the car is appart i just chucked it on to show you that i had to solder it onto the wires thats all. also where are they exposed?

look where the wires connect to the centre of the FAN ;)

smojoe 01-17-2006 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by XingXing
look where the wires connect to the centre of the FAN ;)

They are attached on a PCB. If the two contacts were to touch, it shorting out would be the LEAST of your worries.

Gael L 01-17-2006 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by PaZ

Ah ok thats what I was looking for. Thanks for the info. I know you have to clamp it on the motor ;) but I wasn't sure where I had to solder it to.

ernestf 01-17-2006 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found the original cooling fan on the 3Racing heatsink a bit too small and it cannot rotate if when I use motor with strong magnetic. I changed it to a bigger 5v fan and connect to my receiver. I need to change the way the fan mount tho - to avoid the wires touching the ground. Basically, the new fan can blow more air into the comm area rather than just the motor can. It helps when I run 23T stock motor (super hot after 8-9 mins of run time).

Sushi Man 01-17-2006 10:47 PM

So this fan pretty much is no good? i was thinking aboiut buying it...

lookinco 01-17-2006 11:10 PM

I don't know about this fan but I love my coolcanfan! :nod:

NOZ69 01-18-2006 01:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I`d have to agree the 3Racing fan isn`t the strongest but for US$5 what do you expect.

I`ve mounted the fan so it blows into the comm, rather than onto the can.

Cheers