R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree5Likes

Old 08-10-2017, 10:00 PM   #46
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone got theirs yet? The car has been out for a month in Hong Kong and my brother just bit the bullet and bought the kit.

He was busy so asked me help him start building it for him. I built the bulkheads, front spool, rear diff, installed the belts and mounted the arms. Everything went together ok, was satisfying to slide the bulkhead into the keyed slot on the chassis....but thats about it. The quality of the cars is OK, nothing to call home about, and surely does not justify the $410 sticker price.

Not to mention there are a lot of manufacturing defects, the aforementioned ball cups being made of inferior material and now the shock bodies not machined to spec and the spring collar does not thread onto the shock body properly and have excessive play. Xpress are going to be replacing all of these defects and sure, we can run another set of shocks from my spare car for now, but this shouldnt happen on a kit of this price point. The manual doesnt even come with the car, thankfully they just released it online.
disaster999 is offline   Reply With Quote