Originally Posted by envirojay
I'm telling you I've ran my motor non stop for 25 to 30 minutes on the 3600 mAH packs with no problems.
The first time I try these new batteries I burn up. And I could smell something funny after just 2 minutes. So there has to be a problem with these packs?
Anyone have any experience using these new 4200 mAH packs? I know they are a pretty new technology so who knows.
Its NOT the batteries, period.
By running your motor for so long without letting it cool down, you have seriously shortened the life of the motor. Its by chance it gave up the ghost when you put in the new more powerfull batteries. And, I am suspecting you never took the motor apart and cleaned or trued (on a lathe) the commutator, or replaced the brushes.
Motors need regular maintenance. and with the higher output batteries, you probably should have gone to a slightly smaller pinion gear. The batteries are just a tad heavier so it makes the motor work just a bit harder.