R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-27-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Tamiya 58193 - Need body?

Hello All,

I am new and sorry if this got posted twice. Like I mentioned, I am new to this hobby and have zero knowledge.

I got the Tamiya 58193 kit (already assembled) from my brother in law and want to enjoy this with my kid. Unfortunately my kid wants to change the body so have a few questions

1) What body can I put on this car?
2) Is it worth it getting running as well or buying a new lower end RC Car
kenjidm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Hi, you have the short wheel base Tamiya ta03, most touring rc cars are 257mm wheelbase, but with the one you have its 237mm wheelbase, so 20mm shorter. You are pretty much stuck with Tamiya bodies unless you get a new tub and belt to make it 257mm then any touring car body will fit in 1/10 scale, as for bodies you can get the following, if available, Taisan Porsche (they also have a regular gt2 Porsche which is easy to get), Corolla wrc, Piaa Porsche. and that is it. hope this helps
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:06 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Older Tamiya kits can also be quite collectible. Even with the body missing, you might find that there is more value in selling the chassis to a collector, and buying a modern car that suits your sons interest - getting parts for the older Tamiya cars is hard, and when you use a car you will probably break it.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Thank you both for replying. Crashing indeed will happen with me and my kid playing with it. I am trying to research as much as possible without getting too deep into it since I see this can get really expensive..

Could one point out a good kit to buy but also has the capability to modify IF one of use does get more interested in the hobby?
kenjidm is offline   Reply With Quote