Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Acratech Antenna Plug for Airtronics M11

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Acratech Antenna Plug for Airtronics M11

OK, I finally tracked this thing down. I saw it, or something much like it in an RC magazine recently. It's a simple and stupid thing, but I think it will be good. It is simply a plug for the hole left after you remove the m11's antenna to install Spektrum.

Here's the link: http://acratech.net/miva/merchant.mv...tegory_Code=RC

Unfortunately it looks as though it would cost ~$9.50 to ship an item that costs about $8.50. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! Anyone know where I could find one of these for less?
Old 01-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default TRY THIS

TRY THIS..........................

http://www.xtremerc.com/pages/howto.php?howto=16&page=1
Old 01-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

I'd have a really hard time buchering up a brand new $300.00 radio. Even if it looked like a factory performed job, the radio is now worthless if you tried to resell it. I like the plug idea better!
Old 01-15-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ebay rules for RC stuff

Yeah, I agree. It seems I'm in a constant state of buying and selling on ebay. It is a nice way to try new things, and not take a big loss on things. If you're like me, you can't destroy your expensive equipment, even if it is for an "improvement". Not worth it.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MasterBlaster
OK, I finally tracked this thing down. I saw it, or something much like it in an RC magazine recently. It's a simple and stupid thing, but I think it will be good. It is simply a plug for the hole left after you remove the m11's antenna to install Spektrum.

Here's the link: http://acratech.net/miva/merchant.mv...tegory_Code=RC

Unfortunately it looks as though it would cost ~$9.50 to ship an item that costs about $8.50. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!! Anyone know where I could find one of these for less?
Its less then $20 to add to a $300 (give o take a lil).....not a big deal. I know Acratech personally and know he would try to ripp anyone off on shipping like on Ebay. Personaly i think you should just stay away from Spectrum in the first place unless you like it when your car doesnt react when you give it input....DELAY...... Just my 2 cents
Old 01-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Doubt you can feel any delay

I'm not sure if there is any actual EVIDENCE of a delay. That being said, I just switched from a Spektrum DX3 to the M11. I never noted any delay with the DX3. I do not think that anyone can feel a difference of a few milliseconds.