Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trinity T-Spec Differential Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Trinity T-Spec Differential Problem

Arrgh! IN the diff my t-spec is having the problem of slipping gears. basically the gear attached to the shaft isnt making good mesh with the gear attatched to the outtdrives which in turn is giving uneven power transfer. i cant drift. its killing me!!!!!!!!!!! so if someone could help me. if i can i want to go down the LHS and see if the man down there can fix it

i dont really have alot of money so a new chassis is out of the question
Old 02-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Is it a balldiff, if not try to replace it with one. You might look for parts of the Robitronic car which is the same
Old 02-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

does robitronic have a site or anything? i emailed support at trinity and they said something about a whole new rear diff assembly. i think finding a ball diff to drop in would be a bit more cost effective
Old 02-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by driftdriftdrift
does robitronic have a site or anything? i emailed support at trinity and they said something about a whole new rear diff assembly. i think finding a ball diff to drop in would be a bit more cost effective
What do they mean with assembly? In my opinion it is a replacement for the current setup to a ball diff. Here is their website.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

i think they are referring to the two gears inside. the one connected to the outdrive and the one powering the outdrive. im making an attempt to read the words on the site you gave me. i figured out where it describes the car and wow the t-spec and this car are like a perfect copy. i just need to find out where the spare parts page is. but thank you so much for the link!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

You might try Towerhobbies and ask for spares. They are selling the car. Good luck with your search for spareparts.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had the same problem with mine. Tower sell the diffs very cheap (i think they are under 10 US). I ended up having to shim the diff right out and had to replace the diffs every 35 or so runs. See if you can get a HPI or some other brand diff and diff gears to fit, it would save alot of trouble.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks everyone. i was thinking that maybe TC3 Diff gears would work since the two cars are kind of similar. (not quality wise Tc3 Much Better!) i may go down the LHS and see if he carries the diff
Old 02-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

i was thinking of basically building a TC3 Diff around a t-spec diff case. with these parts

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXG96&P=Z
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNZ99&P=Z

and for everything else just use the stock pieces. anyone see any flaws in the plan?? I understand my internal gear ratio will change from the stock ratio but will i have to change my pinion and spur gear to acomodate the change?
Old 02-19-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TC3 diff will not work, its shorter, it looks to fit but will not. The HPI Pro4 diff plates work alot better and last longer than the Trinity stock ones, they also seem like they wont fit but the balls in the diff ride along the outside of the plates. If you want to change the tranny you will have to do front and back. If only one side is bad, replace it with stock parts.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJCZ2&P=M
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJCZ3&P=X
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJCZ1&P=X

Hopes this helps

Cesar
Old 02-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

what about just the tc3 diff gears? i was thinkin of ordering alot of diff replacement gears from trinity but if i can solve the problem with a different companys part it would be preferred. From another forum a guy said that his trinity diffs gave out around 35 or so runs but i havent broken ten yet. so the Pro 4 Diff outdrives would work right? are they longer or just a bit shorter than stock. my outdrives are fine but i wanted to solve a problem before it started.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

If you are drifting the car dont use a mod motor, the use of a mod motor may cause the diff gears to strip. If drifting use a silver can or maubachi 540. I would get the replacement from tower, its cheap less than 5 bucks. then see how it goes.

Cesar
Old 02-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

i was using the 21t motor supplied with the car. i do a bit of grip racing as well as drifting. i think i should go with getting some replacements from tower because they are cheap but get like a set of HPI pro 4 diff gears or Associated Tc3 Diff gears. thanks a bunch cesar
Old 02-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cesar
......The HPI Pro4 diff plates work alot better and last longer than the Trinity stock ones, .........
So the whole diff gear set of Pro4 will work on T-spec... ?
I had problem with the outdrive... kinda too weak... I use 8-11T motor they always broken easily..... any other way to strengthen th outdrive...
I've tried with CA and other cement compound...but still no work...

If the Pro4 outdrive works... I will change the stock ones with them....

Please help me.... Thanks
Old 02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by driftdriftdrift
i was using the 21t motor supplied with the car. i do a bit of grip racing as well as drifting. i think i should go with getting some replacements from tower because they are cheap but get like a set of HPI pro 4 diff gears or Associated Tc3 Diff gears. thanks a bunch cesar
The supplied motor is perfect for drifting.
If racing you'll find a good stock motor will have alot more power than the supplied motor.

remember the diff set from th pro4 is like $35.

I used the car for about 6-8 months and never stripped the diffs.

Hope this helps, read my next post.

Cesar

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.