Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Qual Points For On Road Racing On Black Carpet >

Qual Points For On Road Racing On Black Carpet

Qual Points For On Road Racing On Black Carpet

Old 01-22-2017, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Don't attack me because you can't go fast more than one round or at all anymore either we are old now.

I actually drive better at qual point races for the reason I want to make sure I get consistent runs rather than the fastest run of the weekend.

Doesn't matter much anyways I race 4x a year now and have a built in excuse.

And Drew you know me. We have been friends long before Awesomatix was a thing. I don't say anything that I dont believe. Just like you.

I have been advocating for qual points for about 10 years. I just don't care enough either way to make a stink about it or have enough effort to lead that charge. But when someone asks the question. I'll put in my opinion but there are not 2 more opinionated aholes in the RC world than us..
Old 01-22-2017, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Can't go fast anymore. Lol. Why don't you guys try helping racing instead of always making problems.

Will see at the birds. Since most of you guys don't race mod and that's what I have been doing.

Sorry all I remember is you blowing out at most the races. Not being Mr. Consistent.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Qual points are nothing but rocket rounds every round. You mess up in one then the others dont matter. That's sounds like good racing to me. As all of us are super consistent and make no mistakes.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is going on here? Is this a local discussion brought to the ol forums?
Old 01-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Can't go fast anymore. Lol. Why don't you guys try helping racing instead of always making problems.

Will see at the birds. Since most of you guys don't race mod and that's what I have been doing.

Sorry all I remember is you blowing out at most the races. Not being Mr. Consistent.
I think your getting confused. I blow out in Mains when leading, not in qualifying. Well at least when I raced a lot. I used rocket round to get to those good qual spots just to fail. That is where the Triple A discussion comes in. I think every race should have those too.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm all for qual points.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EricPF
I'm all for qual points.
Me too

Between the first round and fourth round this weekend, the track went .5 faster. Rocket round wouldn't make sense IMO. But some people are old school and just like the good ol days.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

qual points are no good because you can't move over for anyone because every second counts in every round.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason cheng
Please Tell Us if Qual Points For On Road Racing On Black Carpet Is The Way To Run A Race Program.
Originally Posted by jason cheng
qual points are no good because you can't move over for anyone because every second counts in every round.
You the one started this but that is a good point
Old 01-22-2017, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WIITA
Me too

Between the first round and fourth round this weekend, the track went .5 faster. Rocket round wouldn't make sense IMO. But some people are old school and just like the good ol days.
Did you work on your car to get it better or did you leave it the same from the first round to the last. The screws on your car are meant to be turned and adjusted. But this again is coming from a old school racer so take it how you may.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I think your getting confused. I blow out in Mains when leading, not in qualifying. Well at least when I raced a lot. I used rocket round to get to those good qual spots just to fail. That is where the Triple A discussion comes in. I think every race should have those too.
Races are growing and we don't have time to do triple a's at all the events. Time is the problem. Sorry but I think this is crazy. Let's reward the guy that's not the fastest and hurt the guy that is. If you run faster then me in any round you deserve to be in front of me on the grid. And Jason brings up a great point. In the past we have seen guys in quals in a qual point setting not move out of the way for the faster driver. How is this fair? I
Old 01-22-2017, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EricPF
I'm all for qual points.
Sorry. Do you even race? Lol
Old 01-22-2017, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Oh this thread has to be a joke now.

The protoform and Montech guys agree on something. What is this world coming too.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Don't attack me because you can't go fast more than one round or at all anymore either we are old now.

I actually drive better at qual point races for the reason I want to make sure I get consistent runs rather than the fastest run of the weekend.

Doesn't matter much anyways I race 4x a year now and have a built in excuse.

And Drew you know me. We have been friends long before Awesomatix was a thing. I don't say anything that I dont believe. Just like you.

I have been advocating for qual points for about 10 years. I just don't care enough either way to make a stink about it or have enough effort to lead that charge. But when someone asks the question. I'll put in my opinion but there are not 2 more opinionated aholes in the RC world than us..
Lol. I agree with that. We are very opinionated A holes. I respect the fact of everyones opinion and try to understand it. I feel that qual point put a lot of pressure on a driver to do well. And I feel that is something we don't need. We have enough pressure on us to perform as it is. With rocket round you have four chances to get it done and only need one to do it in. Qual points are good and bad. I think for carpet they are not needed. Asphalt forsure, dirt forsure. Larry we will always remain friends no matter how bad we are A holes to one another.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Here is my 2 cents. Qual points or rocket round have it pro and cons. IMO if you are a better and faster driver than the person in front of you go around him without expecting him to move out of your way. That way you both can continue racing with causing someone else to crash behind you. This races is a mock version of the real racing and you do not see them moving over for someone to pass.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.