R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroKoro View Post
Interesting idea. However I was told that it is better to keep the slave motor an open circuit as to not induce any arcing while breaking in? Or will the volt meter not allow any current to flow, however small?
A volt meter will leave the circuit open.
gigaplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 06:55 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Re break in fluids. Does it specifically need to be water? I don't particularly like the idea of water in my bearings as I know it will be impossible to flush out 100% with wd40. Wouldn't an oil based fluid be better? For example: kerosene, or if more lubricity is required, diesel? Plus it will do a very good job washing out any dirt from the bearings too. Kerosene will flash off by itself however diesel will leave an oily residue. Re oiling the bearings should be a lot easier as its all oil based so no wd40 is required to displace the water.
KoroKoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:43 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroKoro View Post
Re break in fluids. Does it specifically need to be water? I don't particularly like the idea of water in my bearings as I know it will be impossible to flush out 100% with wd40. Wouldn't an oil based fluid be better? For example: kerosene, or if more lubricity is required, diesel? Plus it will do a very good job washing out any dirt from the bearings too. Kerosene will flash off by itself however diesel will leave an oily residue. Re oiling the bearings should be a lot easier as its all oil based so no wd40 is required to displace the water.
I never tried it. Maybe a lite oil (sewing machine oil) 3 in 1 perhaps, I never tried that either.