R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-23-2016, 11:53 PM   #1
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Exotek RX2 LCG Touring Car Body

Anyone used this body yet? Seems like it's been out for a while but haven't seen anyone use it yet.

I just ordered it from rcmart and curious how it performs.
disaster999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
Anyone used this body yet? Seems like it's been out for a while but haven't seen anyone use it yet.

I just ordered it from rcmart and curious how it performs.
I've been using them for over a month. Very similar to the Ltc-r with more corner speed. Currently my body of choice for 17.5 blinky
BIREL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:07 PM   #3
Tech Champion

How much does the body weigh ???
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:31 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
How much does the body weigh ???
4 grams heavier than a light weight Ltc-r
Old 12-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Ok Thanks....
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #6
DBM
Tech Addict

During Friday practice before the Edmonton leg of the WCICS series, i tried a handful of bodies on my mod car. Track was an ETS style track on an 80x60' CRC FT2 track. I tried a blitz gsf, blitz alsr, blitz wrx, sweep stc6, pf ltc2.0, and bittydesign nardo. Then i tried the exotec/golem body and couldn't put in 2 consecutive clean laps with it. I gave up and removed it. Nardo, while being the heaviest, was still my favorite body. I've run 18 packs through it now without any cracks. I only got 3 runs out of my ltc2.0 before it was so full of cracks that it is unusable.
Anyways, i get the feeling that the exotec/golem body is better suited for asphalt than carpet.
DBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #7
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBM View Post
During Friday practice before the Edmonton leg of the WCICS series, i tried a handful of bodies on my mod car. Track was an ETS style track on an 80x60' CRC FT2 track. I tried a blitz gsf, blitz alsr, blitz wrx, sweep stc6, pf ltc2.0, and bittydesign nardo. Then i tried the exotec/golem body and couldn't put in 2 consecutive clean laps with it. I gave up and removed it. Nardo, while being the heaviest, was still my favorite body. I've run 18 packs through it now without any cracks. I only got 3 runs out of my ltc2.0 before it was so full of cracks that it is unusable.
Anyways, i get the feeling that the exotec/golem body is better suited for asphalt than carpet.
Thank you DBM for your feedback, if the Narḍ you used was the heavier this mean that was the old version, image if you try the new updated Narḍ how it can perform?! Now our bodies are the lighest of the light weight shells on the market but we keep the same durability!

Have a look here in case you've missed the big announcement about our 190mm TC shells that we've done in November.

Follow us! >>> www.facebook.com/Bittydesign
Share our photos! >>> www.instagram.com/Bittydesign
Watch us! >>> www.youtube.com/Bittydesign
Bittydesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:23 PM   #8
Regional Moderator

After more than a month of owning this body, I finally finished painting the body (it was a bit rushed and screwed up the masking) and took it to the tracks to test it out.

First impression it handles pretty similarly to the LTCR2.0 with one exception that the rear end steps out more than the LTCR2.0. Turn in feels similar on both. I can toss both the cars into corners and it would react pretty well. The wing position on the RX2 is lower than most body and the wing sits closers to the trunk than the LTCR2.0.

I can push the car harder with the LTCR2.0 than the RX2. It was nice testing it out and i enjoy the color scheme I put on it. Im going to report back with a durability report in a few weeks and see how the body holds up.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:01 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
After more than a month of owning this body, I finally finished painting the body (it was a bit rushed and screwed up the masking) and took it to the tracks to test it out.

First impression it handles pretty similarly to the LTCR2.0 with one exception that the rear end steps out more than the LTCR2.0. Turn in feels similar on both. I can toss both the cars into corners and it would react pretty well. The wing position on the RX2 is lower than most body and the wing sits closers to the trunk than the LTCR2.0.

I can push the car harder with the LTCR2.0 than the RX2. It was nice testing it out and i enjoy the color scheme I put on it. Im going to report back with a durability report in a few weeks and see how the body holds up.
Try moving the wing back more. I drilled second holes in the wing mount area. It made the rear more locked in
Old 04-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #10
Regional Moderator

So another update to the body, I moved the wing back as Birel8 suggested and that didnt help. The wing did feel really flimsy and I thought it was flexing under high speeds and did not provided enough downforce so I put on a 1mm thick aftermarket rear wing and that helped a bit, but the rear end was still much looser than I expected. Slapped on the LTRC 2.0 on the car and instantly improved the handing. The rear end was much more planted.

I really wanted to like this body, but just didnt provide the performance I need.

Last edited by disaster999; 04-02-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:16 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Anyone else got any other feedback? Considering giving one a try to.
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:02 PM   #12
Tech Addict

I'm in the same boat as disaster - actually we bought them at the same

Put the body on a T4 and had to be super careful squeezing the trigger out of corners
SCT - Tekno SCT410 / Losi 22SCT 2.0
ST - Losi 22T 2.0
WagwanBumba is offline   Reply With Quote