Wiki Posts
Search

On-Road Rally

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default On-Road Rally

Spent this Sunday afternoon at a crawler / rally car event at a mall. Now I remember why I love rc cars, back to having fun

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

My daughter ran a TA05 with front one-way to flick the rear around tight corners. White Subaru body.

Around 30 drivers and 50 rally/crawlers showed up... and not a single transponder in sight, imagine that. Playing r/c cars for fun
Attached Thumbnails On-Road Rally-img_20161218_122626.jpg   On-Road Rally-img_20161218_132319.jpg   On-Road Rally-img_20161218_135334.jpg   On-Road Rally-img_20161218_140742.jpg  
Old 12-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Tech Addict

So cool! RC is so alive in your area. Rally ftw!

I like the "not a transponder on sight". Back to the fun aspect.

Originally Posted by rccartips
Spent this Sunday afternoon at a crawler / rally car event at a mall. Now I remember why I love rc cars, back to having fun

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

My daughter ran a TA05 with front one-way to flick the rear around tight corners. White Subaru body.

Around 30 drivers and 50 rally/crawlers showed up... and not a single transponder in sight, imagine that. Playing r/c cars for fun
Old 12-19-2016, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Win or lose, everyone had fun. We do not need bowling trophies to have fun

Playing rc in front of spectators... that is a fun feeling.

R/C is not dying. We are still playing with our toy cars somewhere, the racing community just doesn't know about it

No ugly blob bodies!

Now I understand why bashers do not want to join organized racing... they are already having too much fun

Photo credit: Christian Tabuso
Attached Thumbnails On-Road Rally-best-show.jpg   On-Road Rally-crawler-rally.jpg   On-Road Rally-mitsu-rally.jpg   On-Road Rally-rally-crawlers.jpg   On-Road Rally-rally-crawlers-2.jpg  

Last edited by rccartips; 12-19-2016 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Awesome looking rally body, headlight overkill yes!

I see you are using a TA05. I just picked l up a new stock TA05 from eBay. How did you set yours up for rally? Being that this is my first TA05, I wanted to experiment with different setups. I see that it's suspension is quite low compared to the xv-01 I have. The stock springs are super hard.

Originally Posted by rccartips
Win or lose, everyone had fun. We do not need bowling trophies to have fun

Playing rc in front of spectators... that is a fun feeling.

R/C is not dying. We are still playing with our toy cars somewhere, the racing community just doesn't know about it

No ugly blob bodies!

Now I understand why bashers do not want to join organized racing... they are already having too much fun

Photo credit: Christian Tabuso