Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya Euro Truck Class >

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Old 04-25-2017, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone used the Tamiya anti-wear grease on their friction dampers (the stuff for the gear diffs)? I've had success using anti-wear on my M-03 friction dampers, but they are a different design.

However per the kit instructions it doesn't say to put any type of grease/lubricant on the dampers.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

It has been done. Different situations require grease and some without is manageable. Team green pretty much tried other stuff too. Having an extra set of shocks is probably wise to have. I would do one set with grease and other set without or different type of grease
Old 04-25-2017, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

The rules state built exactly per instructions. My interpretation would be not playing with diff oils, grease etc...but I've seen it posted that gluing sidewalls isn't allowed and virtually every truck I've seen has the sidewalls completely covered in CA so???

Maybe a clarification before Nats is in order so people are prepared.
team green likes this.

Last edited by Core Creations; 04-25-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

+1 on that!
Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
The rules state built exactly per instructions. My interpretation would be not playing with diff oils, grease etc...but I've seen it posted that gluing sidewalls isn't allowed and virtually every truck I've seen has the sidewalls completely covered in CA so???

Maybe a clarification before Nats is in order so people are prepared.
It clearly states in the rules you can use any oils or grease on the gears or any moving parts.

I've been to 2 regionals. In Fresno we were told no CA on sidewalls and all parts must be used. In Aliso in tech I saw tires that's have been CA'd and motor guards removed. I asked about that and tech said it was ok.
So two regionals two different answers. So yes we do need carification. I personally do not CA my sidewalls.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

That sucks. Box stock already getting out of control lol.

Class is super fun though, it's like a break in between real racing
Old 04-27-2017, 02:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
That sucks. Box stock already getting out of control lol.
That's what happens: everyone thinks they are not winning because the winner has super motor or super battery or magic, so they switch to a 'all run the same everything' class and still don't win so they want to push the rule limits, or change them.

been that way forever......
johnzhou2476 and moistAF like this.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
That's what happens: everyone thinks they are not winning because the winner has super motor or super battery or magic, so they switch to a 'all run the same everything' class and still don't win so they want to push the rule limits, or change them.

been that way forever......
We don't do the sidewalls but just the break over from the contact patch to the sidewall. About 2-3mm of CA. For us it's the ticket to eliminate tractor roll and minimizes the bounce on carpet. We have to make it marketable here so the shop can sell kits and keep the doors open.By marketable I mean it has to be user friendly enough that anyone can buy and race it on carpet without overcoming difficult handling issues that some newcomers will struggle to grasp.
vivo quevas likes this.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Euro truck Bounce

Has anyone figured out how to stop all the bouncing. I built my kit per instructions exactly and I been racing with other guys and no bounce. This is supposed to be a spec kit but with all the bouncing it puts me at a disadvantage. I am a whole second slower with all the bouncing.

Kevin
SoCal Eco Cleaning
Old 05-04-2017, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

AW grease on the internal rim part of the front dampers works a treat to calm down the front end.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Core Creations
They don't let you glue the tires???

EDIT: Oh, you mean glue on the outside of the sidewalls, to reduce traction if the sidewalls dig into the ground. Interesting idea, I'm embarrassed to admit I never thought to try that before.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I am running graphite grease in the dampers and there is a little bit of bounce, but not a whole lot. A lot less than most trucks I've seen on videos. I think that the key is getting them to be smooth, not really sticky by putting high viscosity substances in them.
eR1c likes this.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Don't be surprised if carpet tracks don't allow anything in the dampers. Since the dampers aren't sealed, all that glop and sticky stuff will find its way onto the track. That makes the carpet ickey.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Black wheels

Old 05-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Some Euro Truck action from the RC Madness TCS Race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1fL...ature=youtu.be

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.