Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree867Likes

Tamiya Euro Truck Class

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mstrfahrenheit
Had a good day at the track, kept it clean and finished in the middle of the pack.

I've noticed the big separator is corner speed ( and slight straightaway ). I wheel hop something fierce into turns. Any tips or tricks? My wife said the top trucks had a lot less of it. TCS rules so I know it's not parts, and absolulety recognize fast drivers will be fast in anything. So are their specific build suggestions? Diff grease amount? Making sure certain screws aren't too tight?

Anyone figure anything out?
Put some grease on the friction shocks but what I have found is you have to be smooth with the turn in.. Can't be as aggressive as we would like to be as we are so use to our other TC's. I even come slightly wide and tap the brake a tad to settle the front end down, this will also help a ton. As the tires break in more and more the front grip will keep coming up. If you are saucing don't, and if you could put some cushy foam rings under the body where it rests on the pin to the hold the body up. Less give between the body and post will also reduce the amount of play / hop it has.

My .02
Old 04-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Tech Addict

Also leave the shocks up front on the inner hole on the shock tower. Way to much front grip with the shocks moved towards the outer hole.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

good tips guys, thanks. I'll give those all a try.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Have any of you been using a cleaner on the tires after a run, like simple green? I'm just wondering if this is a help or not.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default PlayBoy Euro Semi-Truck GT.

Here is my Euro Semi-Truck all dolled up.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Euro Truck Class-bunnycab.1.jpg   Tamiya Euro Truck Class-bunnyengine.2.jpg   Tamiya Euro Truck Class-bunnycab.3.jpg   Tamiya Euro Truck Class-bunnycab.4.jpg   Tamiya Euro Truck Class-bunnycab.5.jpg  

eR1c, DaSilva3525, RiderZ and 1 others like this.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

I am using 1mil diff oil on those friction dampers, -makes them a bit slower to rebound. But I think biggest thing is driving style, ...like mentioned take it easy into corners especially if you have lots of speed coming in.

Curious,
1) has anyone tried reversing the dampers front to back (so soft are in front)?
the front shocks are so dang hard.

2) anyone try taking out the retainer rings in the dampers to get the truck 1mm lower to the ground?
Old 04-05-2017, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
I am using 1mil diff oil on those friction dampers, -makes them a bit slower to rebound. But I think biggest thing is driving style, ...like mentioned take it easy into corners especially if you have lots of speed coming in.

Curious,
1) has anyone tried reversing the dampers front to back (so soft are in front)?
the front shocks are so dang hard.

2) anyone try taking out the retainer rings in the dampers to get the truck 1mm lower to the ground?
The front and rear Dampers should have the same spring rate and shock length. I'm curious about the ring in the shocks if it is taken out.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

hmm, mine are definitely not. My front springs are much harder than my rear. ..I will double check tonight. I was also building a Tamiya TT02 for my son while I was putting this Euro truck together. It would be possible that I mixed the springs up (as they look identical).

I do have one race on my Euro truck and it did handle decently well. I was able to pick up a 3rd spot. ..yet there is some serious bounce (but seems everyone has that). BUT if I have the incorrect springs it may reduce the bounce even more? ...checking it out tonight when I get off work.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Actually I should clarify, my front suspension is much harder. That is when I push down on the front vs the rear of my truck the front is much much stiffer. So it may be the suspension setup or design that is making the front harder? -can anyone verify / let me know if this is the case w/ theirs?

Otherwise I have the incorrect springs. thanks.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
Actually I should clarify, my front suspension is much harder. That is when I push down on the front vs the rear of my truck the front is much much stiffer. So it may be the suspension setup or design that is making the front harder? -can anyone verify / let me know if this is the case w/ theirs?

Otherwise I have the incorrect springs. thanks.
Yes the front is much stiffer. You can almost not run the front shock. That's how stiff the front is.
vivo quevas likes this.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

...okay, then I probably do have the correct springs in. ...yeah, the front is way too hard. Hmm, how to soften it and still keep TCS legal?!!!
Old 04-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I loosened up the screws on the steering linkage a little(1/4 turn) and it seems to loosen up which led to a tad softer front end
Old 04-05-2017, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Sipaboy, ..that makes sense, will give it a try.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

When I was at Fresno and Aliso. Which at the time traction was medium at best. I used Kyosho 30k silicone diff grease on the shocks. My truck had no hop at all and ran great.
My home track Norcal Hobbies. Medium to high bite traction I use no grease. I feel with grease the truck is very tippy. So took all grease out and ran it dry. It has a little hop but runs much better. I think it's because it adds droop when you run the shocks dry.
These trucks are a hand full when traction is up.
eR1c likes this.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Yes these trucks are a handful. They aren't as difficult to drive as say F1 or even Mini, ...but you can't just jam the throttle and go. Takes a little finesse, especially around corners (as I am quickly finding).

I do like this class, really comes down to driver skill.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.