Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ask Mike Blackstock Trinity ,Rcamerica, Team Xray  Edition.. >

Ask Mike Blackstock Trinity ,Rcamerica, Team Xray Edition..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Mike Blackstock Trinity ,Rcamerica, Team Xray Edition..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I raced at Fastcats this weekend for their New Years race. The place is top notch. John, Pam, JB, Nick, and the rest of the crew are awesome and have put alot of time and money into that track. I'm sure you will love it Mike!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default T2

What is a good start for the T2 on carpet, i notice at the Novak race the team guys was using i think pink front and white rear, on the 05 i would use purple front and violet rear, now with the T2 i am lost, any help would be nice.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by losirunner
what do i need to make the FK05 carpet competitive,,,,

Heeee. Heeee. Heeee!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mtc3od.... Yes we used single stage tires.. Not sure about everyone else there .. But the reason was the car seemed more aggressive with them vs the 2 stage.. Not sure why but it was more of a feel thing then anything else....

TRF... I run FM and look forward to the race..... Sounds awesome...

Rob .... Thanks man.. I sure hope so..

Killa g... I hope to run some nitro this year.. But right now i do not have a car or sponsor for that... I hope to have something setup soon...

Chris R.. Thanks man that means alot ... thanks...

Easy peter... HEHE... See ya at the birds....

Jon... As for the car we ran kickup in the front... with low front pins in the back and med in the front... I am positive xray will have a setup up soon.. If not i will post it in a few days on here....

Mark... Thanks man... I am not sure my schedule just yet.. But i will check into it...

r1sportsbike... There should be a setup posted to either team xray or rcamerica site soon.. If not i will post mine here in the next couple of days

chris.. Sorry.. Very busy.. Will call you tonight....

Kieth... March is very busy for me already but you never know.....

Ram... Like i said before check the rcamerica site or team xray site soon.. If not i will post my setup from novak race... WE ran alittle softer then normal i guess then what they used to run . But this is a new car and takes some new stuff to go fast...

Mike
Old 01-11-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Ram... Like i said before check the rcamerica site or team xray site soon.. If not i will post my setup from novak race... WE ran alittle softer then normal i guess then what they used to run . But this is a new car and takes some new stuff to go fast...

That's weird i know your a team racer but i thought that on carpet you should go with a harder setup.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Its all about feel, sometimes you have to look past "standard setups" and look for something that will run faster on the track. This time the track we were at required a softer spring. Remember, the T2 has a lot lower CG so the cars react and drive a little different then the 05 so in the end they will need different setups
Old 01-11-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was told by our drivers that the traction was so high that they needed to run super low sidewalls. This is why they didn't run 2-stage tires. The core of the 2-stage is 2.2" and they ran 1.8" or less. Dayger won stock with them, however.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
Its all about feel, sometimes you have to look past "standard setups" and look for something that will run faster on the track. This time the track we were at required a softer spring. Remember, the T2 has a lot lower CG so the cars react and drive a little different then the 05 so in the end they will need different setups
Thank you for enlighten me Sir Flack, i was in no way starting anything just need some info to question that was in my head.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ram...

Bobby hit is right on the head.. sometimes you need to look further to find the right setup for that track or car ..

Jack... You are very correct... we ran much smaller tires there alos the feel was a bit more agressive with the standards then the 2 stage.. I really think the 2 stage would have been better in 19turn or stock...

mike
Old 01-12-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Mike !

What difference in handling on the T2 did you notice compared to the FT TC4 ??
I know that it´s different to compare shaft against beltdrive but i´m still curious to know about it !
Old 01-12-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fredda
Hi Mike !

What difference in handling on the T2 did you notice compared to the FT TC4 ??
I know that it´s different to compare shaft against beltdrive but i´m still curious to know about it !
x2
I'm going from the FT TC4 to the T2 right now also, lets hear what the main differences are.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Initiate

i intended to write difficult to compare when i wrote different ! my english isnt what its supposed to be !!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Smile Looking forward to meeting you

hi Mike,
Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to join us at the Magma Indoor Championship. We are looking forward to meeting you, as a lot of our drivers are too. Should be some good racing next weekend! Have a safe trip up.
Pam & John
& the gang at FastCats
Old 01-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Mike,

You ready to pit next to McNasty..you ready for the pain..........?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Mike...

can you post your Novak setup? If you post it, will it be for high bite?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.