R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   2017 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/970358-2017-reedy-international-touring-car-race-champions.html)

Rick Hohwart 12-07-2016 02:14 PM

2017 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions

1 Attachment(s)
What started out many years ago as Mike Reedy's vision to showcase the world’s best drivers in a format unlike any other ever used in RC racing, has grown to be one of the most anticipated and prestigious R/C races in the world.

Reedy, Tamiya America, and Scotty Ernst Productions are proud to announce that the Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions will return to the Tamiya America Circuit May 25-28, 2017!

Entries open February 20th at Noon PST exclusively on ReedyRace.com and will be taken on a first come, first served basis. Due to time constraints and to maintain the world-class nature of the event, total entries are capped at 170 for the Open classes. The 17.5 class will once again be offered this year in addition to the traditional 13.5 and Modified classes. There is a one-entry limit per driver with one set of control tires, souvenir, and welcome bag included with each paid entry.

Factory sponsored drivers (those whose travel arrangements are paid for by their sponsor and/or are paid a salary to race), or those that have finished in the A-main in the Modified class the previous year, are not eligible to compete in the 13.5 class. Drivers who are sponsored or receive discounts from chassis manufacturers, or who have finished in the A or B main in the 13.5 or Modified class the previous year, are not eligible to compete in the 17.5 class.

The highlight of the event, the Invitational class, features the best drivers in the world racing head-to-head over 12 rounds for the coveted title of Reedy Race Champion. Introduced last year, the Manufacturer’s Cup will again be presented to the manufacturer with the lowest points tally of their best two finishing drivers.

Timetable for Entries:
Monday, February 20 Open and Invitational entries open
Monday, May 1 Deadline for Open and Invitational entries. Spots remaining after the deadline will be filled based on class availability. NO REFUNDS after May 1st.

The format and schedule for the event remains like that of last year including all main events run over three legs:
Thursday, May 25 Controlled Practice by Heat
Friday, May 26 Controlled Practice by Heat, Open Qualifying, Invitational Racing
Saturday, May 27 Open Qualifying, Invitational Racing
Sunday, May 28 Main Events, Invitational Racing

Information and updates including, entry, rules, spec tires, hotels, and more will be posted soon at ReedyRace.com and on Reedy’s Facebook Event page.

gijoe64 12-07-2016 02:44 PM

Sweet!!! Time to get ready!!!!!

JayL 12-07-2016 04:24 PM

F1

Please

glennhl 12-07-2016 04:38 PM

Would love to make this race someday, but I always go to the Indy 500. Darn!

JustWill75 12-07-2016 04:50 PM

Man I can't wait to go to this. When are they starting entries.

tbrymer 12-07-2016 04:59 PM

Best race ever! Can't wait.

glennhl 12-08-2016 08:36 AM

Rick, I just read that Tamiya is pulling the plug on the TRF program. Do you think this could affect the Tamiya track?

Rick Hohwart 12-08-2016 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by glennhl (Post 14761103)
Rick, I just read that Tamiya is pulling the plug on the TRF program. Do you think this could affect the Tamiya track?

It will not be affected in any way. If anything, more money will be spent catering to their paying customers which means more emphasis placed on the track.

Pinkz 12-08-2016 09:14 AM

on the drivers body tuck section, does this mean after a wreck the corner marshals will not fix a body that tucked and it will be set aside?

glennhl 12-08-2016 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart (Post 14761132)
It will not be affected in any way. If anything, more money will be spent catering to their paying customers which means more emphasis placed on the track.

That's excellent news! I'll be over there next August and I'm hoping there is a Fred Tech race I can run. So, is Tamiya not going to make any 1/10 electric touring cars anymore or are they just getting out of the team racing side of it?

Rick Hohwart 12-08-2016 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Pinkz (Post 14761149)
on the drivers body tuck section, does this mean after a wreck the corner marshals will not fix a body that tucked and it will be set aside?

Marshals will still fix them. The idea is that the body tuck can be prevented and should not destroy the race for a driver who makes incidental contact and causes a tuck. Plus we want fewer cars stuck on the track waiting for a marshal.

Originally Posted by glennhl (Post 14761183)
That's excellent news! I'll be over there next August and I'm hoping there is a Fred Tech race I can run. So, is Tamiya not going to make any 1/10 electric touring cars anymore or are they just getting out of the team racing side of it?

I can't speak for them but my understanding is that they will continue to make all 1/10 cars, including race cars, but are not supporting a factory racing team.

glennhl 12-08-2016 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart (Post 14761259)
I can't speak for them but my understanding is that they will continue to make all 1/10 cars, including race cars, but are not supporting a factory racing team.

OK, that was my misunderstanding, I just assumed they would quit making the 1/10 onroad cars. I am sure glad I'm wrong. I'll stay in contact as I get closer to August when I stay over there, I really want to at least practice at the track, hopefully run in a Fred Tech race. I heard through the grapevine that sometimes they will let an Associated guy practice there, probably because of the blue anodize....:D

lpittman 12-08-2016 02:34 PM

Awhhhh yes baby.

Rick Hohwart 02-09-2017 11:49 AM

Expect the official event announcement on February 20th. For now, the list of drivers qualified to compete in this year's Invitational class. Bruno Coelho has already been CONFIRMED!

2016 World Champion
Ronald Völker - Germany

2016 Open Class Champion
Julian Wong – USA

Past Champions
Barry Baker – USA
Mark Pavidis – USA
Surikarn – Thailand
Craig Drescher – England

2016 IFMAR Worlds
Bruno Coelho – Portugal
Viktor Wilck – Sweden
Christopher Krapp – Germany
Marc Rheinard – Germany
Akio Sobue – Japan
Alexander Hagberg – Sweden
Marc Fischer – Germany
Nicholas Lee – Singapore
Naoki Akiyama – Japan
Andy Moore – England
Jilles Groskamp – Netherlands
Loic Jasmin – France
Atsushi Hara – Japan
Freddy Südhoff – Germany
Ryosuke Yamamato - Japan
Ryan Maker – Australia
Michal Orlowski – Poland
EC Kim – Korea
Viljami Kutvonen – Finland

2016 ROAR Nationals
Ryan Cavalieri - USA
Rick Hohwart – USA
Keven Hébert – Canada
Paul Lemieux – USA
Randy Caster – USA

2016 Invitational Results
Juho Levänen – Finland
Ralph Burch - USA

ETS 2015-16
Yannic Prümper - Germany
Olly Jefferies – England
Elliot Harper – England
Marco Kaufmann – Germany
Dionys Stadler – Germany
Meen Vejrak - Thailand
Lucas Urbain – France
Naoto Matsukura – Japan

2016 European Championship
Marek Cerny – Czech Republic
Alessio Menicucci – Italy
Thomas Pumpler – Austria
Martin Hudy – Slovakia
Patrick Gollner – Austria
Guido Ristori – Italy
Leo Arnold – France
Nicolai Lindegaard - Denmark

2016 IIC
Yugo Nagashima – Japan
Kyle Branson – England
Jan Ratheisky - Germany

2016 BRCA Nationals
Chris Grainger – England

2016 Australian Nationals
Antoni Caretti - Australia

2016 CTS Champion
Eric Albano – USA

2017 ROAR Carpet Nationals
Sam Isaacs - USA

Promoter Guests
JJ Wang - USA
Steven Weiss – Germany

RBLove 02-09-2017 12:04 PM

This is one race I would love to attend.