Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree59Likes

2017 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Rick, I sent you a PM a few days. Can you please respond. thanks.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 144 (100%+)

Heads up. Just got email saying 17.5 and 13.5 motors will be pre-teched. We can submit 3 and must be dissambled beforehand reassembled and sealed. Not sure if that was done last year. Similar to IIC I suppose.
MDawson, madjack, tandman and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Dusttt; 05-17-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dusttt
Heads up. Just got email saying 17.5 and 13.5 motors will be pre-teched. We can submit 3 and must be dissambled beforehand reassembled and sealed. Not sure if that was done last year. Similar to IIC I suppose.
New for this year.
Scott B likes this.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Race Information

If you are signed up with a valid email address you would have received an email with some valuable race information. In case you did not receive it, and for those that are simply interested, here it is:

Dear Reedy Race Entrant.

We are in the final week of planning for the event and would like to provide you with the basic schedule and instructions for the event.

We are very proud to have been able to bring the historic Reedy Race of Champions back to the beautiful Tamiya America Raceway where Mike loved to hold the event. The privilege of holding the event here requires some strict rules and conditions that everyone must follow. We would like to remind everyone of these.

PARKING:
The number one issue is parking. The track location requires us to use numerous areas for parking and it can only work if everyone takes part by following the rules. There are three main parking areas. You will see these highlighted on the map in YELLOW. These are the only locations that you can legally park. The areas highlighted in PINK are ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING AREAS. The company (Astronic) that owns this facility is open for business during the days of our event and they need the lot for their employees as well as deliveries. Also on Orion is a church. The church parking lot is also a NO PARKING AREA. We ask that everyone please take note of this parking layout so that we have no problems with the surrounding businesses and we can continue to use the Tamiya America Raceway.

The parking area directly behind the big tent housing the open class pit area will have several reserved parking spaces for Reedy Races staff and sponsors. We ask that everyone respect these reserved spaces and refrain from parking in them.

SMOKING:
Smoking is only allowed outside the race track area near the loading area. We ask that everyone respect the Tamiya America facility and smoke only in the designated area and throw all cigarette trash in the sand buckets provided and not on the ground.

MOTOR INSPECTION FOR 17.5 AND 13.5 CLASSES
This year, spec motors will be teched in advance, sealed, and marked. Each driver will be allowed to tech up to three motors for use over the course of the event. Drivers can tech up to two motors initially, then after each driver has run through the inspection process and teched at least one motor, a third motor may be teched.

The inspection process will begin at 11am on Wednesday, May 24th. We encourage all racers who plan to check-in on Wednesday to be prepared to have their motor(s) inspected as well. To expedite the inspection process, motors must be removed from the vehicle and disassembled before being presented to the inspector.

Once a motor has been deemed legal, it must be re-assembled in the inspection area where it will then be numbered and sealed. Please bring the appropriate tools so that you can re-assemble your motor(s) in a timely manner.

The inspection process will continue during the day on Thursday, time permitting. Be aware that only numbered and sealed motors are allowed beginning with Friday’s timed seeding rounds.

If a driver presents a car to tech with a motor that has not been numbered and sealed, he will not be allowed to participate in that run. If the infraction is discovered in post-tech, the driver will be disqualified from that run.

Any driver who tampers with a previously inspected motor will be disqualified from the event.

Registration will be open from 11am-6pm Wednesday and open again Thursday morning starting at 8am. This is where you will receive your racer goodie bag (with included tire set), confirm your transponder number, and purchase additional tire sets. All racers must provide a transponder number during the registration process; NO EXCEPTIONS!

SCHEDULE:
The schedule for the Reedy Race will be posted inside the event program which each racer will receive during registration but we wanted to give you the basic layout now so you can prepare.

Wednesday May 24th
Registration and Motor Inspection, 11am-6pm

Thursday May 25th
Gates open at 7am, Practice begins at 9am, Registration and Motor Inspection from 8am-2pm, time permitting.

Friday May 26th
Gates open at 7am
Open Practice for all open classes from 7:30am-8:15am
Drivers meeting at 830am
Invitational racing and Open Class controlled practice starts at 9am

Saturday May 27th
Gates open at 7am
Open practice for all open classes from 730am-830am
Racing starts at 9am

Sunday May 28th
Gates open at 7am
Open practice for all open classes from 730am-830am
Mains start at 9am

Event information:
Pits tables, chairs and electricity will be provided for each racer. You will need provide your own POWER STRIPS!!! Each year many racers overlook this and unfortunately, we do not have the ability to supply everyone. There is no onsite hobby shop so you will need to bring everything you will need for the event such as motor spray, towels, extra parts, etc. Practice and race tires will be for sale at the event for $30 a set. We prefer that you bring cash as the mobile credit card machine does not always work well at the Tamiya facility. Cash will speed up the registration process for everyone.

Bodies:
With most racers using lightweight bodies, incidents of body tucks are far more prevalent and we want to inform everyone of our rules regarding this.

It is each racer’s individual responsibility to prevent their own body from tucking. Aftermarket products such as the Protoform's Anti-Tuck Body Stiffeners #1721-00 are readily available and work very well to prevent tucks from happening. Also, homemade solutions such as body posts mounted to the rear shock towers have existed for years. Use of such devices is not mandatory, but it is your decision if you choose not to use them and you do so at your own risk. Rough driving penalties will be called out but incidental contacts resulting in body tucks will not be enforced.

PITTING:
If you are coming to the race with somebody and you would like to pit with them or with a group of racers, please send a separate email subject line REEDY RACE PIT SPACES to me at [email protected] and I will do my best to arrange pit spaces together in the same area. There are no guarantees, but I will do my best. These emails must be received by Sunday night, May 21st.

We look forward to seeing all of you next week and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I will be happy to help. Please note that starting on Monday I will be on site and will not be able to answer emails promptly, but I will do my best to get to them each night. I wish everyone a great trip and look forward to having you all join us in remembering a great man and continuing his signature event, the 2017 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions!

Thank you,

Scotty Ernst
Attached Thumbnails 2017 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-tam-parkmap.jpg  
Old 05-17-2017, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Excellent info Scotty !!!!!! See you next week!!😀😀
Old 05-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Rick,

I really hope Motor tech will be open all day on Thursday. Because it would suck to come there and have to tech your race motors before you ever even hit the track for practice not knowing what is going to be fast there. Especially with the 3 motor limit. The limit makes it even more important to hope you guess right on Wednesday.

EA
hanulec and JustWill75 like this.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Well I guess I was crazy for thinking I only need 1 motor. A REEDY MOTOR..... 13.5 here I come.

Slow down EA!!!
Old 05-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yes, motor tech should be open longer on Thursday. Not everyone can make it up there on Wednesday....
Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rick, Has the invite list been finalized? Are you sticking with 27 or bumping people up from open to make 32?
Old 05-22-2017, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Rick,

I really hope Motor tech will be open all day on Thursday. Because it would suck to come there and have to tech your race motors before you ever even hit the track for practice not knowing what is going to be fast there. Especially with the 3 motor limit. The limit makes it even more important to hope you guess right on Wednesday.

EA
Originally Posted by MikeR
Yes, motor tech should be open longer on Thursday. Not everyone can make it up there on Wednesday....
Motor tech will be available throughout the event. But there won't be a guy available solely for motor tech at all times.

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Rick, Has the invite list been finalized? Are you sticking with 27 or bumping people up from open to make 32?
The Invitational list is finalized. As expected, we had last minute dropouts so the field is set at a perfect 24 drivers.
MikeR likes this.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Media Coverage

The Reedy Race is pleased to announce that LiveRC.com and RedRC.net will provide coverage of the 2017 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions!

LiveRC.com will be providing a live timing and scoring feed, moving cameras, and announcing by world-famous Scotty Ernst. RedRC.net will be posting timely news, insights, results, tech charts, photos, video, and product information straight from the pit area.

Visit LiveRC.com and RedRC.net to experience the next best thing to being there. For those that prefer to attend in person, spectators are welcome and admission is free!

Thursday, May 25 Controlled practice by heat - all classes
Friday, May 26 Open class seeding and qualifying round 1, four rounds Invitational racing
Saturday, May 27 Open qualifying rounds 2-4, four rounds Invitational racing
Sunday, May 28 Open class triple main events, four rounds Invitational racing, awards presentation
Attached Thumbnails 2017 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions-media-logos.jpg  
EAMotorsports and KE4PJO like this.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Rick,
Where we can find the finalized entry list?

Thank you
Old 05-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How's the stock racing? Fastest motor?
Old 05-28-2017, 04:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
How's the stock racing? Fastest motor?
R1
Old 05-28-2017, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congratulations to Marc Rheinard on his 6th Reedy Race championship win!

Patrick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.