Community
Wiki Posts
Search

advanced racing technologies 1/10 pan car

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default advanced racing technologies 1/10 pan car

I'm looking for info on advanced racing technologies that sold the agitator back in 1989 (I think) what ever happened to this company. I would love to find the story behind this old company.or any one that can remember racing one. Please share your story.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wow you are really going way back with that one! I don't have a clue what happened to the company that made it but if you check with Bob Stormer he could probably tell you everything you want to know. I never had a 1/10 version but I did have a 1/12 scale for quite a while. It was my second favorite car next to the Corally 12G.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Getting hard for me to remember that stuff. I remember eating breakfast with Lucas in Cleveland one year... and not much else. it sucks to get old.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Lucas was from San Diego as I recall. He had some really trick graphite stuff from DA Graphite that made his cars lighter than most. Of course the really trick stuff was too expensive for the production cars, though they had better quality parts than most. I had a 1/10TH Agitator. The car had a t-bar, but instead of mounting solidly to the read pod, it pivoted on little rockers. The shock and spring carried the suspension. Then instead of tweak screws, it had a very compact side spring assembly that acted on the t-bar. It also used a silicone damper rather than a center shock. Like Lotus, Lucas was all about saving weight, especially when it was up high like the shock. The front was a built up graphite version of the Old School type. The car worked well for me, I wish I still had it. Don't know what happened to Lucas, but I heard a rumor he builds surf boards.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

In Champaign, Il Slot and Wing still has the agitator in the box sitting on the shelf if your looking for one give them a call.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I thought slot and wing was closed...?
Old 11-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I didn't know it was closed, I live in Cali now.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default X11'and 1/10 scale agitator

The 1/12 scale car was designed to be the first machined delrin car.

The first to use side springs called load actuators . Now all 1/12 scale cars have them . Without the T-bar .
The tenth scale car was designed to have tons bite so you could drive it in parking lots and have fun instead of spinning out .
I live in ft. Myers now and race 1/8 scale gas on-road . I did surf and make surfboards for sixteen years until I injured my spinal cord . That's when I got into RC racing . I'll take surfing over RC any day but no choice in the matter no regrets still having fun . Thanks for the inquiries hope I've set the record straight . Later Lucas designer and racer
Old 11-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lucasmcbrainus

The first to use side springs called load actuators . Now all 1/12 scale cars have them . Without the T-bar .
The tenth scale car was designed to have tons bite so you could drive it in parking lots and have fun instead of spinning out .
I live in ft. Myers now and race 1/8 scale gas on-road . I did surf and make surfboards for sixteen years until I injured my spinal cord . That's when I got into RC racing . I'll take surfing over RC any day but no choice in the matter no regrets still having fun . Thanks for the inquiries hope I've set the record straight . Later Lucas designer and racer
Lucas
great to see you on here
Old 11-11-2016, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Definitely one of the most innovative people in rc .I have had the fortune of seeing a couple of the original prototypes as I live close to lucas.He has Designed lots of cool stuff over the years.
Really one of the fun guys to hang with happy to have him as a friend!
Old 11-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default The new Agitator

I'm trying to talk Lucas into bringing these cars Back I believe with a little tweaking to the design we could be competitive

Old 11-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Used to race with him and Mike Mayberry from Hitec at Briggs Cunningham auto museum in Costa Mesa, he was always making current designs better. I raced the agitator too. I loved it. Love his laugh.
Jake
Old 11-12-2016, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Briggs great surface fantastic racing learned a lot there!
Old 11-21-2016, 01:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Who was the Louis that either won Cleveland in 89, (maybe it was Dobson that won and Louis second?... I know Louis ran for Twister, I was there with Soderquist. We split a room, I nearly had to kill him.. long story.

I found this note to him in some old papers. Was about the setup of the Agigtator from January 1990 (I'd have talked to him in 1989). Man... kinda seems like yesterday, if yesterday was 27 years ago.... I must have got some setup advice off of him and FAX'd him the result.
Attached Thumbnails advanced racing technologies 1/10 pan car-louis_agitator.jpg  
Old 11-21-2016, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer
Who was the Louis that either won Cleveland in 89, (maybe it was Dobson that won and Louis second?...
Louis LeBlanc, and he finished 2nd. Had our batteries in the car, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.