Wiki Posts
Search

QC1 Quantum Competition One glitching

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default QC1 Quantum Competition One glitching

I just bought a used QC1 and installed it in place of my old brick of a esc; an LRP F1 super reverse. I have a JR XR3 pro with a 310 rec both mounted next to each other on the chassis (see pic). I am using an Airtronics 94737 and AMB PT, and have the associated dual fans connected also. From troubleshoting I have decided the PT and the fans are not the problem (I disconnected them one at a time and then both together and the problem remained) I did not have any interference whatsoever with the F1, but now the servo glitches both with zero input and when I apply throttle, randomly moving just the tiniest bit side to side. I dont have a cap on the ESC, but specifically got the QC1 becasue it was supposed to run OK without it. My batteries in my TX are good (10.2 volts) and this testing was done with IB 3880's that were discharged about3/4 but stiull had enough power to power the motor full speed. Do I need to use the blue wire coming from the ESC that is somehow used on some servos? (I hope not) What can I try to fix this? Thanks for replies so I can race tomorow with out issues.

Last edited by andrewdoherty; 01-08-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm still using a QC1 without any problems. Try re-routing the antena wire so it doesn't touch anything including the chassis. Do you have the blue wire connected to anything? It it used for, like in 12th scale mod, when you're using an external power source for the electrics. I had a problem once with the signal wire being lose inside of the speedo, I soldered in a new set of wires and it's been fine since. It doesn't sound like you problem has anything to do with that, but you never know.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Try some different throttle profiles, especially the QC2 had problems with some frequencies and the hyper reactive mode. Not sure if it is the reason for the glitching but you can try.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Addict

I had a similar issue when I swapped all my electronics from my TC4 to my FK05. Everthing was fine when they where in the TC4 but as soon as I installed them in the FK05 I had some bad glitching when I was accelerating and under full throttle conditions. I even went as far as to use all new electronics including the servo with no change it still glitched!
From your pics I can see a couple of things wrong that may contribute to you problem. First the blue wire from the ESC you dont need it cut as close to the esc as possible. Second you have wires crossing and touching the antenna wire this should be taken care of along with keeping all wires from contacting the chassis. for some reason I have been told that the Xray drivetrain produces some some RF noise that if you dont do everything you can to prevent it from interfering with your siganal you will have glitching problems. After trying all of the above mentioned yes I did notice that the glitching was not as severe but it still glitched occasionaly and I actualy ended up just going with the spectrum system and wallahh problem solved. But the one thing I did not try was to use a shottky diode and even though most motors have internal capaicitors I would even try soldering an extra one on the motor just to see if it helps. I do believe that there is a way to solve this issue without having to resort to running a spectrum i was going to get one anyway so for me it was just a matter of having an excuse LOL. I know of others that have had no issues with glitching with thier 05 but also they did do the steps above along with some relocating thier antenna to the top deck to keep the antenna wire away from some of the other electronics and wires.
Hope this info helps.........
Old 01-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Does your PT miss laps when the car glitches??
EVERYONE at our track at some point that ran any of the LRP Q speed controls had major problems with glitching. Didn,t matter what car it was in.
Most of us switched to the Novak GTX. ..no problem since.Others...well they will learn.
Understand that Digital servos and LRP Q's don't get along very well.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ran i QC1 for more than 2 years without any problems, both with Digital KO's and Futaba's as well analog servos.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:50 AM
Tech Legend

I would never mount the ESC right next to the motor....

Bad >>>>Move it...
Attached Thumbnails QC1 Quantum Competition One glitching-wc.jpg  
Old 01-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try putting a cap on it, i had that problem, then i stuck a cap on it. Now i only have that problem once im on the line of dumping

good luck
Kipper
Old 01-08-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Thanks for all the replies and advice. I made the race today and while the problem persisted on the bench, I couldn't notice it on the track. So I may try some of your suggetions and see if it helps, but at least performance isn't affected. No offence to any one person who responded but advice to not let anything touch anything seems a little useless given the space on a modern sedan.