R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   advanced racing technologies 1/10 pan car (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/965731-advanced-racing-technologies-1-10-pan-car.html)

TeamThibault 10-22-2016 08:22 PM

advanced racing technologies 1/10 pan car

I'm looking for info on advanced racing technologies that sold the agitator back in 1989 (I think) what ever happened to this company. I would love to find the story behind this old company.or any one that can remember racing one. Please share your story.
Thanks

Lord_Darkhelmet 10-22-2016 10:05 PM

Wow you are really going way back with that one! I don't have a clue what happened to the company that made it but if you check with Bob Stormer he could probably tell you everything you want to know. I never had a 1/10 version but I did have a 1/12 scale for quite a while. It was my second favorite car next to the Corally 12G.

Bob-Stormer 11-06-2016 07:32 PM

Getting hard for me to remember that stuff. I remember eating breakfast with Lucas in Cleveland one year... and not much else. :) it sucks to get old. :)

LonnyJ1950 11-06-2016 07:58 PM

Lucas was from San Diego as I recall. He had some really trick graphite stuff from DA Graphite that made his cars lighter than most. Of course the really trick stuff was too expensive for the production cars, though they had better quality parts than most. I had a 1/10TH Agitator. The car had a t-bar, but instead of mounting solidly to the read pod, it pivoted on little rockers. The shock and spring carried the suspension. Then instead of tweak screws, it had a very compact side spring assembly that acted on the t-bar. It also used a silicone damper rather than a center shock. Like Lotus, Lucas was all about saving weight, especially when it was up high like the shock. The front was a built up graphite version of the Old School type. The car worked well for me, I wish I still had it. Don't know what happened to Lucas, but I heard a rumor he builds surf boards.

gijoe64 11-07-2016 11:14 AM

In Champaign, Il Slot and Wing still has the agitator in the box sitting on the shelf if your looking for one give them a call.

robk 11-07-2016 11:29 AM

I thought slot and wing was closed...?

gijoe64 11-07-2016 11:37 AM

I didn't know it was closed, I live in Cali now.

Lucasmcbrainus 11-10-2016 04:29 PM

X11'and 1/10 scale agitator

The 1/12 scale car was designed to be the first machined delrin car.

The first to use side springs called load actuators . Now all 1/12 scale cars have them . Without the T-bar .
The tenth scale car was designed to have tons bite so you could drive it in parking lots and have fun instead of spinning out .
I live in ft. Myers now and race 1/8 scale gas on-road . I did surf and make surfboards for sixteen years until I injured my spinal cord . That's when I got into RC racing . I'll take surfing over RC any day but no choice in the matter no regrets still having fun . Thanks for the inquiries hope I've set the record straight . Later Lucas designer and racer

tpczx6 11-10-2016 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lucasmcbrainus (Post 14731894)

The first to use side springs called load actuators . Now all 1/12 scale cars have them . Without the T-bar .
The tenth scale car was designed to have tons bite so you could drive it in parking lots and have fun instead of spinning out .
I live in ft. Myers now and race 1/8 scale gas on-road . I did surf and make surfboards for sixteen years until I injured my spinal cord . That's when I got into RC racing . I'll take surfing over RC any day but no choice in the matter no regrets still having fun . Thanks for the inquiries hope I've set the record straight . Later Lucas designer and racer

Lucas
great to see you on here

joejoe 11-11-2016 06:49 AM

Definitely one of the most innovative people in rc .I have had the fortune of seeing a couple of the original prototypes as I live close to lucas.He has Designed lots of cool stuff over the years.
Really one of the fun guys to hang with happy to have him as a friend!

RipModz 11-11-2016 04:49 PM

The new Agitator

I'm trying to talk Lucas into bringing these cars Back I believe with a little tweaking to the design we could be competitive

Bubonic-X 11-11-2016 07:18 PM

Used to race with him and Mike Mayberry from Hitec at Briggs Cunningham auto museum in Costa Mesa, he was always making current designs better. I raced the agitator too. I loved it. Love his laugh.
Jake

Lucasmcbrainus 11-12-2016 07:18 PM

Briggs great surface fantastic racing learned a lot there!

Bob-Stormer 11-21-2016 01:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Who was the Louis that either won Cleveland in 89, (maybe it was Dobson that won and Louis second?... I know Louis ran for Twister, I was there with Soderquist. We split a room, I nearly had to kill him.. long story. :)

I found this note to him in some old papers. Was about the setup of the Agigtator from January 1990 (I'd have talked to him in 1989). Man... kinda seems like yesterday, if yesterday was 27 years ago.... I must have got some setup advice off of him and FAX'd him the result. :)

~McSmooth~ 11-21-2016 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bob-Stormer (Post 14741987)
Who was the Louis that either won Cleveland in 89, (maybe it was Dobson that won and Louis second?...

Louis LeBlanc, and he finished 2nd. Had our batteries in the car, too.:tire: