Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Orion GP 4300 cells!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All true, but now my Beta waves are overcoming my Alpha waves, hence I will no longer be able to comunicate via this primative method. G'night all.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

hmmm, was reading up in this subject in a recent scientific journal.

These new cells and warp speed motor technology has been used in some vehicles to enable the vehicle to move and turn without the need for wheels.

the new designed minbari Gravity drive technology produces a "gravity" field which if polarised during set up will raise the car from the ground at a predetermined ride height. With inputs from a designated control the drive emits "gravity" pulses to manuover the vehicle and propel the car along the require course.

The technology is currently under going redesign and refitt at the Episilon Test Facility......Watch this space.....

AND WHO SAID R/C RACING WAS FOR NERDS!!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yeah, geeks are welcome too !!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:43 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

now because its screwing with quantum mechanics and the space time continuum, theres a chance that ROAR will actually approve this, 10 years ago when they get around to it
Old 01-12-2006, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking What is the point??

Originally Posted by PitCrew
Well, it takes 1.21 gigawatts for a full size car.

Since energy required to accelerate is proportional to mass, it would only take about one thousandth the amount of energy. so, it would only take 1210000000 watts. At 7.2 volts, thats 168055555.6 amps. I think they could do it, but only for a short burst. LOL
Do you think that all of the awesome drivers that are out there today are going to want something that will only acheive this kind of amp draw when they exit the corner?
Get real! Burst my a$$.

You need that kind of amp draw full time to be competitive. Hince......
BATT WAR!

Old 01-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by GordonFreeman
Mr. Fusion relies on the availability of source ion matrix dumping. Most waste products, such as banana peels and beer cans, can provide sufficient ion matrix dumping, however the volume and mass of the waste required can easily exceed the volume of a 1/10 scale buggy, thus nullifying any advantage in 5 minute ROAR sanctioned racing. While the movie “Back to the Future” is an interesting waypoint of future technology, it should not be used as scientific proof for any such energy storage technology.
Gordon said "storage". How about containment of explosive energy release?
Old 01-12-2006, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rayman
Fat geeky people look at them as a sport.
Uhhhhhh. Factory Driver Steven Sobotka was a high school football player and he thinks they're cool. I was on the Varsity Track Team and i was their fastest sprinter and i think it's a sport.

I when i was little i was was always told these are not toys i was constantly told that they weren't and they were simular to real racing cars, beside's there are much more adjustment's you on these car's than you can do on regular race cars. I have a cousin who lives in Iowa who used to race SCCA sports cars and when he looked at one of my cars he said there was alot of technology in these machines and that me and my dad would actually have the talent to work on and race real cars. Heck former TCS national champion Russell Johnson is now racing real cars and might be doing a pretty good job racing them. Heck i'm thinking of running Wisconsin Autocross this year at Miller Park. I see rc car racing as a training tool for real racing and people could gain alot of knowledge on real car's if they put thier mind to it.

When did high performance RC cars become toys? Ever since that cop made that statement at that one Reedy race in the late 90's early 2000's?
Old 01-12-2006, 10:03 AM

I dunno... I call peoples track day only cars that they run at road america toys. I call a friends Ferrari F355 a Toy. I call R/C cars toys also.

You play with them dont you? Some people seem to think you need to be "SERIOUS" and take what they are doing over the top serious to play around.

Really until you are PAID as a full time job to race or play with R/C cars... they are toys. Once you are paid, they are then tools of the trade.

Oh and I am a fat geeky person, who doesnt think R/C bears much relation to an actual SPORT. And if R/C is a sport... then so is clubbing, drinking, surfing the web, smoking pot, etc... All cost lots (if you take it "seriously") and take time and effort to do consistently at that top level. Still doesnt make em a sport.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:06 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leester-111
Uhhhhhh. Factory Driver Steven Sobotka was a high school football player and he thinks they're cool. I was on the Varsity Track Team and i was their fastest sprinter and i think it's a sport.

I when i was little i was was always told these are not toys i was constantly told that they weren't and they were simular to real racing cars, beside's there are much more adjustment's you on these car's than you can do on regular race cars. I have a cousin who lives in Iowa who used to race SCCA sports cars and when he looked at one of my cars he said there was alot of technology in these machines and that me and my dad would actually have the talent to work on and race real cars. Heck former TCS national champion Russell Johnson is now racing real cars and might be doing a pretty good job racing them. Heck i'm thinking of running Wisconsin Autocross this year at Miller Park. I see rc car racing as a training tool for real racing and people could gain alot of knowledge on real car's if they put thier mind to it.

When did high performance RC cars become toys? Ever since that cop made that statement at that one Reedy race in the late 90's early 2000's?
Lee I raced Karts growing up and did some trackdays and autox, I also just picked up a new car with the intentions of hitting Road America and Blackhawk farms as well as Miller Park this spring and summer. I have a hard time calling any of that stuff a sport, it's still just a hobby in my opinion. You can pick up the basics of real racecars with RC but try to apply any of what we do to our cars to a real car and you're more likely to find a tirewall than a fast lap. The only thing that my real car and my TC have in common (other than the obvious stuff like 4 wheels) is that they're both AWD.

Anyhow, I'd like to hear more about these new cells. Any word on what kind of voltage we're looking at?
Old 01-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Suspended

Response from Dr. Freeman, "Thanks to you for you interest in the new Infineon Cells. The new Infineon cells have a maximum theoretical voltage peak of 1.59 v/cell. While we are nowhere near that at this time (due to temporal density issues), 1.3v and 1.4v/cell average during 50+amps dumps should be obtainable in the near future. This would render the 'old school' GP type cell, obsolete. Because of Tachyeon filter flux achievable in the new cell, the IR of the new cells is almost zero, making very high discharge rates possible without excessive heat. These cells may be ideal for use in boats, where traction is virtually unlimited (which minimizes the “driver effect”), throttle position is dead clamped and maximum amp draw is desired."
Old 01-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hallo Gordon,

Can you tell us more about these new type of sub-C cells ??
Is it true that they have a capacity of 75.000.000 A/h
It is allmost unbelievable.

kind regard
Geert
Old 01-22-2006, 01:00 PM

... "Almost" unbelieveable...

Old 01-24-2006, 03:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I give it 3 months till the next battery war
Old 01-24-2006, 04:08 AM
Suspended

The next conventional "Battery war" will be in the 4400 to 4800 range, at 1.2 to 1.23 v. Ave. at 35 Amps. It will be quite pathetic compared to the new ZPM technology. The new Infineon Cell eliminates conventional battery wars, because the starting Ave. Voltage @ 50 Amp will be 1.3v to 1.4v and will peak in late 2006 at 1.5 v at 60 amp. Again this should peak in the mid 2007s at 1.59v /cell at 100 Amps. The Gen2 ZPM QSS cells should be virtually unbeatable. There is no cell available or on the horizon that can deliver 100 AMPs for 30 seconds straight with no heat loss! Quantum entanglement has many pay offs if one is capable of harnessing the power.

Only Brushless motors will be able to take advantage of this new technology, since brushes and comms, go into meltdown at around 40 amps continuous.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That infineon cell cannot be real. Did anyone read that whole thing. Stuff is going through time , its taking energy from the future , stuff is moving at the speed of light and there is a black hole inside.

Can you say "powered by black hole and time". WTH , I dont believe we have technology like that....and if so. Where are the full size black holes and time traveling devices. From what I heard its impossible correct? Didnt einstein say it wasnt or did he say it was possible. Cant remember from science class. Was so long ago. It even says "EVENT HORIZON". Im thinking hay didnt those people get sucked into hell. I dont want a hell sucking device on my RC, no sir.

But seriously , if thats not a joke.

But yeah , pretty nice gp4300 , hope that comes around soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.