R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 34
Default KYOSHO INFERNO GT2-VE speed runs

KYOSHO INFERNO GT2-VE

Chassis 299.99
3D bumper - 25
Body - 50
Tires - 50 grp
Esc - 110 mamba monster 2
gears - 35 44 spur 36 pinion (not final)
Motor - 110 poseidon 2200kv
Motor mount - 25 kershaw designs
Servo - savox SAVOX SA-1258TG
Raido - 40 FlySky FS-GT3B 2.4GHz
Gyro - 20 HK401B Gyro




This is my plan for my next RC build. i need some help with gear choice and the smallest spur gear that fits stock is 44 so i have to use that unless you know a way to fit a smaller one. feel free to post any other questions about this car or your version of this car.
long island rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #2
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Nice build mine Is almost the same, I have the castle XLX for the ESC and I made the mistake of getting the Leopard 5882 which In the end won't give the needed RPM's to push the car as fast as I want. I ordered a TP Power 4250 and a 5mm 34T pinion, may have to get a bore reducer to see If I can run bigger pinions depending on the motor mount.
modojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 11:56 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Dr_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by long island rc View Post
KYOSHO INFERNO GT2-VE
i need some help with gear choice and the smallest spur gear that fits stock is 44 so i have to use that unless you know a way to fit a smaller one. feel free to post any other questions about this car or your version of this car.
You can get the nitro tranny shaft to replace the center diff to open up spur options; there's some info that might be helpful on that in my thread here: http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=222696.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modojojo View Post
Nice build mine Is almost the same, I have the castle XLX for the ESC and I made the mistake of getting the Leopard 5882 which In the end won't give the needed RPM's to push the car as fast as I want. I ordered a TP Power 4250 and a 5mm 34T pinion, may have to get a bore reducer to see If I can run bigger pinions depending on the motor mount.
What kv 5882 did you get? Can't you just up the gearing a bit? Here's what 47/36 gearing looks like - it did burn up a Turnigy 5682 motor though

__________________
2S is for servos, 4S is for minis.
Dr_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 34
Default

i asked bay area fast rc on you tube and he said i should start off with a 25 40 set up and work from there. thanks tho.
long island rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:02 AM   #5
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Bay Area, Cali
Posts: 589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by long island rc View Post
i asked bay area fast rc on you tube and he said i should start off with a 25 40 set up and work from there. thanks tho.
Sounds like some great advice! You can start with more aggressive gears if you want. Just watch the temps closely.

PS..Its me BAFRC
tc4basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #6
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 34
Default

DR T what spool is that
long island rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 01:11 PM   #7
Tech Addict
 
Dr_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 634
Default

In that pic is a 6mm bore Revo spur adaptor on a KYO IG-108 2-Speed Shaft. The KYO IG-108 is just a 6 mm dia shaft replacing the center diff, but you will need the nitro CD top plate and shorter front driveshaft (forgot what part number, just check amain) for that to work as well, or cut the shaft shorter: The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

I got the spur adaptor from Koval, he makes a lot of cool stuff: The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread, just send him a PM if you want to know more.
__________________
2S is for servos, 4S is for minis.
Dr_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:22 PM   #8
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 6
Default

I believe RC Monster also sells a modified center diff.
modojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 03:55 AM   #9
Tech Addict
 
Dr_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_T View Post
In that pic is a 6mm bore Revo spur adaptor on a KYO IG-108 2-Speed Shaft. The KYO IG-108 is just a 6 mm dia shaft replacing the center diff, but you will need the nitro CD top plate and shorter front driveshaft (forgot what part number, just check amain) for that to work as well, or cut the shaft shorter: The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread

I got the spur adaptor from Koval, he makes a lot of cool stuff: The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread, just send him a PM if you want to know more.
Here, digging though my old stuff trying to find something else I came across it: KYOIG108 2-Speed Shaft Set; goes together with the KYOIG101 100mm Center/Front Driveshaft:



__________________
2S is for servos, 4S is for minis.
Dr_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Kyosho Inferno GT/GT2 VE Race Spec ELECTRIC on road 1/8th thread aquaanox Electric On-Road 390 05-05-2017 09:56 PM


Tags
kyosho inferno gt2-ve, speed runs


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net