R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree17Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2017, 11:00 PM   #106
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 84
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried this car out in 21.5 yet?
PaulC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #107
Tech Master
 
Akhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alberta,Canada
Posts: 1,283
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I have run the plastic parts from the V1, silvers, golds and reds and the durability is very good. I have broken a silver c-hub and steering knuckle, but once I trimmed the DJC stub axle back so it doesn't catch board seems all was well.
I'm not sure if the hard bumper will fit the FF17, but it would be something I'd check into as well.
Parma makes a Hard foam bumper that you can cut to whatever size you want. I highly recommend this product for ANY touring car. You can easily make it fit right to the nose of your body shell and just as wide. Save parts and looks amazing.
__________________
--Blaine--
VBC D07, VBC D08
Mugen MBX 7, Mugen MBX 7 Eco,Mugen MBX 7r, Mugen MBX 7r Eco
www.rcgears.net, www.carcar.ca, www.karz.ca
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:00 PM   #108
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,404
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
Parma makes a Hard foam bumper that you can cut to whatever size you want. I highly recommend this product for ANY touring car. You can easily make it fit right to the nose of your body shell and just as wide. Save parts and looks amazing.
I like using this one.

http://www.vbcracing.com/collections...-b-03-vbc-0079
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #109
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,404
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC83 View Post
Has anyone tried this car out in 21.5 yet?
Is that for a specific class or just that motor? The car performs well in TC 17.5 class.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:09 AM   #110
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default D07

I know this is a tread for the D09 . I have a question for the D07 and since most on this tread have been with VBC for awhile is the reason for asking about the D07. I run 21.5 class usgt and I was wondering what chassis should I use. I have the car setup with the v2 aluminum chassis with Ryan Maker default setup. Just need a opinion of what chassis would be suited for this class? Thanks for any input.
bigtee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:16 AM   #111
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 171
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Ordering parts from vbcracing

Anyone having problems getting parts from VBC racing. Here in USA. placed order like 4 days ago. No tracking # email 2s. No response. Messaged on fb . I got message from someone. From Vbc on fb that they will not address the issue that I am having.
bigtee01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:57 AM   #112
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 151
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I had an issue and when trying to email [email protected] kept getting message kicked back.
I contacted through FB and was refereed to use [email protected]

Had a message back next day and replacement parts sent a day later with tracking number. I'd say give that a try.
GimpyGolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:33 PM   #113
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,366
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee01 View Post
I know this is a tread for the D09 . I have a question for the D07 and since most on this tread have been with VBC for awhile is the reason for asking about the D07. I run 21.5 class usgt and I was wondering what chassis should I use. I have the car setup with the v2 aluminum chassis with Ryan Maker default setup. Just need a opinion of what chassis would be suited for this class? Thanks for any input.
Are you running it on black/grey carpet or asphalt? Car has lots of corner speed, I prefer small amounts of droop in 21.5/17.5 classes. I'd say the kit carbon chassis is good for almost everything. Unfortunately I never ran the aluminum chassis, but I imagine it would plant the car a bit, and you'd just tweak a few things to dial it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtee01 View Post
Anyone having problems getting parts from VBC racing. Here in USA. placed order like 4 days ago. No tracking # email 2s. No response. Messaged on fb . I got message from someone. From Vbc on fb that they will not address the issue that I am having.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
I had an issue and when trying to email [email protected] kept getting message kicked back.
I contacted through FB and was refereed to use [email protected]

Had a message back next day and replacement parts sent a day later with tracking number. I'd say give that a try.
[email protected] is the one to use

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC83 View Post
Has anyone tried this car out in 21.5 yet?
not yet, haven't needed to retire the D08 from my 21.5 class yet. Are you having any issues with it?
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #114
Tech Master
 
Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

has anyone tried the chassis mounted steering as opposed to the floating one on the d09 & if so what differences were noticed
__________________
VBC RACING AUS--HOBBYWING--RC MAKER--
MAD GRAPHICS--BITTY DESIGN
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 07:29 AM   #115
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,404
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
has anyone tried the chassis mounted steering as opposed to the floating one on the d09 & if so what differences were noticed
Have not run it yet (carpet) but in theory it should take flex out of the front of the car and would be more suited to high traction situations. I would think for asphalt you'd want to stick with the floating mount.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:11 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What are the needed parts to mount the direction directly on the chassis?

The user manual point to references I can't find anywhere on Internet.

Are you using D07 parts?

Thx.
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #117
Tech Master
 
Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
What are the needed parts to mount the direction directly on the chassis?

The user manual point to references I can't find anywhere on Internet.

Are you using D07 parts?

Thx.
there is an option part in the d09 manual for the post but I don't know if they are available in the us, they are not here in aus yet, so I used the ones of 1 of my d08's
hope this helps

graham
__________________
VBC RACING AUS--HOBBYWING--RC MAKER--
MAD GRAPHICS--BITTY DESIGN
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:03 AM   #118
Tech Fanatic
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 756
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thx for the answer.

A VBC pilot told me that it is the following part:
WildFireD07/08 Steering Chassis Mounted Post Set D-05-VBC-0177 | VBC Racing
Airwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:55 AM   #119
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,404
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
Thx for the answer.

A VBC pilot told me that it is the following part:
WildFireD07/08 Steering Chassis Mounted Post Set D-05-VBC-0177 | VBC Racing
Hope they are correct as those are the ones I got. Pretty sure the swing arm thickness has remained the same, so they should work.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:34 PM   #120
Tech Master
 
Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,081
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

part # B-02-G31338 for the chassis mounted steering posts, this is the option in the manual for the d09, but iv'e used the d08 ones in one of my 09's & the work fine
__________________
VBC RACING AUS--HOBBYWING--RC MAKER--
MAD GRAPHICS--BITTY DESIGN
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net