Like Tree23Likes

Vbc D09

Old 09-26-2017, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbrymer
When does the D10 come out?
No confirmed date as yet, a few post up on this page DBM say's maybe the end of October
Old 09-26-2017, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Professor
No confirmed date as yet, a few post up on this page DBM say's maybe the end of October
Victor said a September release, but we are running out of days for that to happen. October is a safe bet since the car is in its final stages.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:41 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I don't recall saying that. I have no knowledge of a release date since i am not a vbc team driver. I just buy Johnny Wishbone's old cars.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBM
I don't recall saying that. I have no knowledge of a release date since i am not a vbc team driver. I just buy Johnny Wishbone's old cars.
You are right & I was wrong, apologies DBM it was actually Whityboys post on the previous page, I should only use my pc & not the phone,screen is to small
Apologies once again
whityboy likes this.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBM
Yup, buys my cars and then kicks my butt, LOL.

You are right & I was wrong, apologies DBM it was actually Whityboys post on the previous page, I should only use my pc & not the phone,screen is to small
Apologies once again
Pretty sure hes just playing with you. Dying to see the finished project though.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hey all,

So I've been looking for a new car for a while now—current car is a '15 Yokomo with a now buckled motor mount—and the VBC is a brand that I feel comfortable moving towards, for both price and local support reasons. Several people at my club use the 08 and the 09, and I've had the opportunity to look over and analyse the car a few times now, but there are always a dozen questions that emerge and small options that I would like to clarify and clear up so this transition to a different brand is as smooth and easy as possible.

Hypothetically speaking let's say I have a VBC 09 Dynamics in front of me, what additional option parts and extras may I require? Aside from the 4 suspension corners parts that you generally keep as spares, I'm not 100% sure what additional springs are in the kit. I believe there are a set of silvers and blues as standard, but I see purchase options for other ranges and even progressive springs—a spring type I have not have the opportunity to use yet. My local track is a low traction concrete surface that does get dusty where my Yokomo was set up with a set of HPI Silvers; information for comparison.

I also see that the D10 is currently being discussed as a new model that may be released later this year. Unfortunately with work I won't be back at racing 'til mid December, and even then we have our annual Christmas break so the next time I'll be on the track may unfortunately be January. May be a leading question, but would it be worth waiting for the newer model as there will most likely be a longer lifespan for parts support and I am keeping up to date with the latest gear?
(This question really comes up because it has become surprisingly hard to find some parts for my '15 BD7, or a single retail outlet that sold everything I needed at the time)

Advice, info, helps, and tips are all very much appreciated.

~ NuttsnBolts
Old 10-01-2017, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All new plastic, no more c-hub, new bulkheads, new shocks, new steering,... and that color

Old 10-01-2017, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

I like the alum micro caster blocks. Similar to the Schumacher style!
I see they've also got rid of the chamfer on the edges of the bulkheads - that should save a bit in machining costs.
Looks quite nice!
Old 10-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba
I like the alum micro caster blocks. Similar to the Schumacher style!
I see they've also got rid of the chamfer on the edges of the bulkheads - that should save a bit in machining costs.
Looks quite nice!
had nothing to do with machining, that edge was nice but gave to much flex in the bulkheads,
Old 10-01-2017, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whityboy
had nothing to do with machining, that edge was nice but gave to much flex in the bulkheads,
Could you explain your theory more?
Old 10-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Could you explain your theory more?
no I can't.
last year a friend of mine uses a D08 for his end thesis for school. Testing flex in all the components and complete cars. there they found that the edge was responsible for more flex in the D08 compared to other cars. that is probably the reason it is no longer there.
i'm not smart enough to understand completely :-)

Last edited by whityboy; 10-01-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Car looks good!
Old 10-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Literally hours after I posted...

Welp... I now have a D10 on pre-order. xD
Professor and whityboy like this.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Vbc D09 alloy chassis

Looking for aluminum chassis for the D09?
Old 11-03-2017, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rear Diff sloppy...

So I have had a rough night of racing and took a couple of hard hits that broke the rear hub carrier not once but twice.. After the first hit I noticed that the rear diff outdrives seem to be very loose and are able to rock somewhat front to back. I have not noticed this before tonight. What would possibly cause this and would it be worth getting a new housing? I will look at getting new outdrives as I had to "gently squish" them back together to get the bearing off for maintenance and inspection.

Any advice?

Jon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.