R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree11Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2017, 05:50 PM   #136
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 227
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn View Post
Just had the best weekend with my D09 yet - its really similar to the previous one. More corner speed and rotation than the '17 xrays I was up against, just needed a bit cleaner driving. All I needed was a bit more dual rate for the extra hard corner rotation, and the rear end stayed planted with less rear droop!

as for jtsbell's ride height issues, how far down are your shock ball ends threaded down on the shaft? is there still visible thread? maybe send us a picture to see what you're working with.

http://i.imgur.com/EW4ZPS8.jpg

The reason I'm having problems is the VTA tires they are a lot taller than the trueing tires.
jtsbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:27 PM   #137
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,390
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsbell View Post
The reason I'm having problems is the VTA tires they are a lot taller than the trueing tires.
Yes, realize that. just trying to come up with a solution for you.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:26 PM   #138
Tech Master
 
patorz31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Edmonton Ab
Posts: 1,390
Default

Cut 1.5mm off of the shock shaft eyelets. Had to do that with the old D06 and D07 to run vta tires. If you want taller towers contact Paul at Bezerk RC he can build you a set. He built taller sets for guys with the older cars.
__________________
Northern Alberta Scale Car Auto Racers Pres. and Promotions
TEAM POWERS, RACE-OPT, SCHUMACHER RACING,R-Factor, Bezerk RC
patorz31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:38 AM   #139
Tech Elite
 
R3VoLuTiOn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,336
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
Cut 1.5mm off of the shock shaft eyelets. Had to do that with the old D06 and D07 to run vta tires. If you want taller towers contact Paul at Bezerk RC he can build you a set. He built taller sets for guys with the older cars.
yep that should do the trick!

I remember the D07 having to do that for yokomo springs

my chassis mounted steering posts should arrive tomorrow, let's see what they do
__________________
John Tsang 🏁 VBC Racing 🚗 ORCA RC 🚗 GripworksRC 🚗 MotivRC 🚗 GravityRC 🚗 RC America

http://www.facebook.com/VancouverRRR 🏁 http://www.facebook.com/OvergearedRacing
R3VoLuTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:22 PM   #140
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 388
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone else have trouble with their center pulley shaft being too tight to fit the 3 little bearings over it? I've had to sand it by hand quite a bit and it's still super tight. Any advise?
ChadBlanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:14 AM   #141
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,390
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadBlanton View Post
Anyone else have trouble with their center pulley shaft being too tight to fit the 3 little bearings over it? I've had to sand it by hand quite a bit and it's still super tight. Any advise?
I have only built one D09, but had no issues with any of the parts. If your unable to fix it yourself, you should contact VBC about a replacement, they have been pretty good about correcting any issues.
Juniorabca likes this.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 12:48 PM   #142
Tech Addict
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 722
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I've tried the vertical top deck... How can a such deign work properly???

Seriously, it could have been a good idea, but the design make the car softer... Too soft, that's even dangerous for the belts!

Is somebody using this setup?
Airwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #143
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,390
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
I've tried the vertical top deck... How can a such deign work properly???

Seriously, it could have been a good idea, but the design make the car softer... Too soft, that's even dangerous for the belts!

Is somebody using this setup?
I've run this on a green carpet track and didn't notice any adverse characteristics with it. It definitely produces a lot of torsional twist, but the for and aft stiffness doesn't seem to be effected, the car feels very stiff that way.

Please explain your concerns with the belts?
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 AM   #144
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 88
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
I've run this on a green carpet track and didn't notice any adverse characteristics with it. It definitely produces a lot of torsional twist, but the for and aft stiffness doesn't seem to be effected, the car feels very stiff that way.

Please explain your concerns with the belts?
Does the steering feel a little more on the slower side in terms of response using the vertical deck? Does it give more or less steering or no change at all? Curious as to how it would be on low traction asphalt.
PaulC83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #145
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,390
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulC83 View Post
Does the steering feel a little more on the slower side in terms of response using the vertical deck? Does it give more or less steering or no change at all? Curious as to how it would be on low traction asphalt.
Sorry, I can't honestly say that I felt a difference, but this was on carpet.

I probably noticed more of a change in the car, going from the floating steering to the chassis mounted swing arms. The car feels like the steering is more direct this way. I've actually run this on both the D08 and the D09 and its has a better feel all around this way.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 11:16 AM   #146
Tech Addict
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 722
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I'm gonna try to explain... The vertical top deck is fixed on the rear quite vertically. I mean that the design is going around the spur gear. So if you try to flex the car transversally (bring the front tower closer to the rear tower),you have a lot of flex... It will affect the front belt tension. That, added to the fact that the belt tensioner has been removed, you can have problems with the front belt if you are using powerful motors.
Airwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #147
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,390
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
I'm gonna try to explain... The vertical top deck is fixed on the rear quite vertically. I mean that the design is going around the spur gear. So if you try to flex the car transversally (bring the front tower closer to the rear tower),you have a lot of flex... It will affect the front belt tension. That, added to the fact that the belt tensioner has been removed, you can have problems with the front belt if you are using powerful motors.
When I installed VTD, I twisted the car in all directions, and didn't notice any more for/aft flex than I have with a traditional top deck. I think because of the way the VTD mounts below the top of the bulkheads helps reduce that flex, that and the VTD being very thick all but eliminates the issue. When I did run it, I never had a belt come off, but I guess it could be possible if hard enough a hit happens. Off course this is JMO, yours may vary.

I did run it at the CDN Nats for a couple rounds and had no issues with it there either.

Ok, I put the VTD back on the car and tried to flex it for/aft, there is about .02mm of flex, but im putting some serious push on the car to do it, so in normal running situation I don't think its going to be a issue. I would watch the front belt though and if you run it fairly loose you'll probably have to notch it up one or two places. Also be wary of the aluminum mounts as if they are loose it will amplify the flex for/aft, my front one was loose and when I snugged it up it took what little flex there was, out.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 04-24-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 06:18 PM   #148
Tech Master
 
Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,070
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Gary ( johnny wishbone )quote from the d08 thread

There is a D09 Dynamics coming out in May, which usually has a lot of option parts as standard package, sometimes includes both chassis options, all for a really good price.

Gary is this release of the d09 dynamics kit confirmed for may 17 ?? thanks

Graham
__________________
VBC RACING AUS--HOBBYWING--MAD GRAPHICS--BITTY DESIGN
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:13 AM   #149
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,390
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
Gary ( johnny wishbone )quote from the d08 thread

There is a D09 Dynamics coming out in May, which usually has a lot of option parts as standard package, sometimes includes both chassis options, all for a really good price.

Gary is this release of the d09 dynamics kit confirmed for may 17 ?? thanks

Graham
Hi Graham, sorry I don't know the hard date, just its suppose to be in May.
Juniorabca likes this.
__________________
Gary Lanzer
Team VBC HK
Team R1WURKS
EMR Factory LLC
AWESOME Graphics
Johnny Wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:14 PM   #150
Tech Master
 
Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,070
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Hi Graham, sorry I don't know the hard date, just its suppose to be in May.
ok thanks Gary
__________________
VBC RACING AUS--HOBBYWING--MAD GRAPHICS--BITTY DESIGN
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:29 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net