Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI, AH12, OR QUAD12??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default BMI, AH12, OR QUAD12??

im kind of ignorant when it comes to 12scale, i have an l4 i picked up cheap and im thinking of picking up one of these conversion kits, but im unsure of wich would be better. the bmi looks the nicest and the stiffest and i know jason's stuff is top quality, but i race on asphalt, so wouldnt i want a chasis whith more flex like the ah12? the quad looks real nice as well especialy with the battery hold downs. like i said this is a new class for me so now beatings for sounding stupid, just want opinions on what would be a better choice for asphalt racing.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

bmi has an asphault version of the car as well. PW did well with it at onroad nats. I believe he ended up putting the car in 4th in mod.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Dont rule out the L4 Yokomo Special...after all it did win the worlds(although it had a very talented driver driving it ).

You could just buy the chassis parts and probobly would cost around 100 or less.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just got the BMI asphalt kit and I love it. Its so much easier to drive then the L4. My Steering throw has gone up and I'm getting on the throttle alot quicker