R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   New Integy KOS EVO30 stocker (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/96164-new-integy-kos-evo30-stocker.html)

Jochim_18 01-03-2006 05:28 PM

New Integy KOS EVO30 stocker

Have anyone try the new Integy KOS stock motor? any info about this motor? I just got one today. But seems like the brushes is not yet available nor the replacement armature for his motor. anyone knows where I can get brushes for this motor Integy doesn't have them on stock? I have have the Integy KOS EVO30 which the brush is angled cut.

POOKYT 01-03-2006 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Have anyone try the new Integy KOS stock motor? any info about this motor? I just got one today. But seems like the brushes is not yet available nor the replacement armature for his motor. anyone knows where I can get brushes for this motor Integy doesn't have them on stock? I have have the Integy KOS EVO30 which the brush is angled cut.

I'm not 100% sure but I think I read on the EA Motorsports thread that the new Integy motors used standard laydown brushes like the F brush or the 767. You might want to double check with any of the motor tuners.

Brant

Team Duratrax 01-03-2006 10:32 PM

Yes, the V12 KOS-27 uses the laydown type brushes. The F brush, 767 and 4499 are popular choices. This motor is just like any other stock motor, but extensively tuned.

dodgeguy 01-03-2006 10:39 PM

Integy has 2 types of brush hoods. A 30 degree angle and standard laydown.

He must have the 30 degree hood motor.

Jochim_18 01-04-2006 06:01 PM

Yes! like said before I have the EVO30 type brush hood, The brush is 30 degree angled cut. But I just recieved an e-mail from integy they will have everything on stock within 2 weeks brushes and armature.

This mtor looks promising but I have put it on a test this friday night. I can't really tell if this motor is good until I actually run it.

mtveten 01-05-2006 08:48 AM

The KOS is a very good stocker on par if not slightly better than a really good monster. The 30deg brushes integy has perform very poorly and if you cut standard layodwn brushes fit you will have difficulty getting the spring down the hood far enough to put proper tension on the brush. Go with the conventional laydown hood version until they get some good brushes for the evo30 hood.

Mark

RobertV 01-05-2006 09:14 AM

KOS = King Of Stock

Cool naming choice, it might be a bit cocky but lets see if they can back the claim up with some real results.

Can the King defeat the Monster? too early to tell.

17driver 01-05-2006 09:24 AM

Did they send it in to be Roar aproved?

ts 01-05-2006 10:10 AM

I ran an EA tuned one last sat. It was really fast. Didn't get the gear exactly right but I turned faster times with it than my monster.

mtveten 01-05-2006 10:13 AM

I rember reading something in DC thread about them planning on submitting the tear down to ROAR but I don't know if it has happened yet.

Jochim_18 01-05-2006 12:41 PM

According to integy this stocker meets all ROAR & NORRCA mechanical specification.

I did intend to get the standard laydown brush endbell, But when I went to pick it up at LHS they only have the EVO30 brush type endbell.

It seems with this type of endbell it's hard to work on the motor.

17driver 01-05-2006 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
According to integy this stocker meets all ROAR & NORRCA mechanical specification.

I did intend to get the standard laydown brush endbell, But when I went to pick it up at LHS they only have the EVO30 brush type endbell.

It seems with this type of endbell it's hard to work on the motor.

Thanks for the info it still has to be submitted to be Roar aproved.

erock1331 01-06-2006 07:27 AM

On a turbo dyno or robi, how does the RPM of the KOS compare to a Monster ?

ts 01-06-2006 07:33 AM

I'll have to check tonight... I dyno'd the KOS after 2-3 runs in a TC vs a fresh monster and it was down a couple of watts on the TD. I can't remember off the top of my head the rpm difference. I'll check the sheets tonight. I ended up gearing the same as a monster but I think I could have used another tooth. I'm trying it in 4cell tomorrow so I can get a better feel for it. I don't run TC very much.

erock1331 01-06-2006 11:12 AM

TS
you are an oval guy right ?
this is Eric Hutkay

Was curious how this motor would do in oval racing.
If it has less RPM than a Monster my guess is it wont work very well.

I tried Integy's last attempt the V12 stocker and it sucked for oval.
No RPM, and got hot if you geared it up and was low on power.