R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2006, 08:29 AM   #16
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

people talk about the high price of parts for the xray, i have been racing for many years now and the quality of the xray parts is great. yes the AE parts are cheaper but the quality is not there. would you rather go through 2 AE arms before you even replace an xray arm. to me that makes xray parts cheaper. i often hear people voice there concerns for parts pricing, but fail to see the big picture. we have a new member at our local track he was running another brand of car, breaking parts all the time because he was new and hit everything except the driversstand. I decided to give him my fk04 that was lying around, 4 weeks and counting and he still hasn't broke anything. it also helped his confidence and hes getting better everyday. the same goes for the kits. alittle higher than some but worth every penny. invest in the t2 thats my opinion, search around if you cant find any locally check the canadian channels, i know shops that have them coming in and can give you there numbers.
kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #17
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I cannot comment on the TC4 as I never ran one, but if the choice is between the FK05 and the T2... go for the T2! Don's get me wrong, the FK05 is a great car that is on par with anything out there today and with foam tyres in my opinion is the class of the field. Excepting the T2 that is. I ran the T2 last weekend for the first time and can only say "wow". It is sooo fast and still very easy to drive that it is scary. Moreover most of the team drivers have now ran the T2 and all have reported back that they were faster with it in only one or two runs. Average improvement seems to be an astonishing 0.2s a lap over the FK05...

Believe me, the T2 is definitely worth the wait. Moreover this car is very (very!) easy to work on.
Tony Vredenberg
tonyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 09:37 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

This is exactly the type of feedback I've been looking for guys! I really want that T2. I've had a TC3 and a TC4 and I'll admit that the parts "should" be more durable than what they are. If the FT TC4 is using these same "sub-standard" parts and has only incorporated a new carbon double-deck chassis then I think I know what direction I'm going in. However...AE (or should I say-Thundertiger) does a good job keeping extra parts available.

The $100,000 question is...will I be able to get parts if I have the T2 car within the next month?

It won't be too impressive if a brake something and it sits on the table with people oo'ing and ahh'ing over it!

Don't get me wrong. It's not like I have a "board magnet" in my car it's just that I'd feel more at ease if I had back-up parts before I even begin to race it.
Terry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default xrayt1fk05 or tc4

terry m , i got to tell , i got a bmi tc4 and just bought a xray about 2 months a
ago ,the first time on the track i went up 2 laps versus tc4 my lap time was the
all the time, if looking into buy an xray get t1fk05 lots of available parts now,dont have to worry about waiting for t2 parts to be available ,everybody seen
to be rushing for this t2, just wait see what the car does with parts,setup tips
etc. the jump on it if you want to up grade.
turboxrayt1fk05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:39 PM   #20
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mark G

what i would do is get a tc3 then get a bmi for the tc3 and it will still be as fast as the xrays just depends how you drive it. and its a bit cheaper too so u will have more money for some nice batts or motors
Mark G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Ok guys I have decided on an Xray FK05. I found a sweet one for sale on this site with both the 2mm and 2.5mm chassis's for added tunability. I'll start out with this until the T2 becomes more established and supported.

I really appreciate everyone's imput and suggestions!
Terry M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Hey there i have a tamiya tb evolution IV ms and i love it buy one of theese its strong. and handles well and just drive like a dream
Rasmus TbEvo IV is offline   Reply With Quote