Wiki Posts
Search

Stormer Hobbies

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Stormer Hobbies

I just purchased a few things from Stormer Hobbies in Montana can somebody tell me what there service is like and how long deliver takes to Westren New York?

Thanks Bazzer
Old 01-01-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Great to deal with. Depending on when they ship I would give it a week or so.

Kevin
Old 01-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KevinL
Great to deal with. Depending on when they ship I would give it a week or so.

Kevin
They are ok the only problem i have is they would charge me shipping and a handling fee which is $4.00, i think it suck to pay that handling fee.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

ITS PRETTY QUICK
Old 01-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is the product as its advertised new and in its proper case? lol, Sounds dumb but I have been hearing some horror stories of things being bought and coming in very rough shape.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

if i need my items quick, i buy it from stormer. i usally get it in 2-3 days (to ND). bob is a great guy
Old 01-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Bob and crew are top notch, I have never had a problem.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

It depends on what you order. I ordered a kit once and they shipped it UPS ground and it took a week and a half to get here (I live on long island). About a week ago I ordered some parts, and they shipped them usps priority, and it got here in 3 days.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Corey, I have used stormer before. No worries.

The shipping does stink IMHO.. It has been a while, but express with them is really expensive if i remember correctly. It is a necessity as they are in the middle of nowhere.

KB
Old 01-02-2006, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What are you guys talking about? Stormer Hobbies has excellent mail order service. There really is only UPS shipping service. Ground, 2nd Day and Next Day. I usually use 2nd Day. Ground is 4-5 Days to New York state. I have ordered flawlessly off the website online many times and they ship same day is the order is there by 2pm pretty much.

Items always arrive accurate and well packed. They only sell new items.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

any idea do they use EMS for overseas shipment?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Retard
any idea do they use EMS for overseas shipment?
I ordered from them to the UK last year but can't remember how they shipped it. If you email them they will probably be able to offer you whatever shipment you want and can give you an estimate of costs.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have always received my orders via USPS priority mail, and that was choosing the standard ground shipping. This time however they sent it via UPS ground, it's not supposed to be here till tomorrow, and that will be 10 days to Florida. I just wish you could pick who you want to ship, or that it was the same each time. If I would have know it was going UPS ground, I would have gotten the 2 day instead. The thing I like about Stormer is they pull the orders and get them to the shipping dept. fast. Tower can sometimes take 2 or more days to pull and pack the orders I like dealing with Stormer much better
Old 01-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 190mph
What are you guys talking about? Stormer Hobbies has excellent mail order service. There really is only UPS shipping service. Ground, 2nd Day and Next Day. I usually use 2nd Day. Ground is 4-5 Days to New York state. I have ordered flawlessly off the website online many times and they ship same day is the order is there by 2pm pretty much.

Items always arrive accurate and well packed. They only sell new items.

Agreed 100%. They are one of the few places I order from on a regular basis. Without a competent hobby shop within an hour's drive (and even then, they never have everything I need), I have to rely on mail order for a large percentage of what I buy in R/C. Between Stormer, KTHobbies and Sheldon's Hobbies, I feel like the mailman is wearing a path in my front yard dropping boxes on the porch.

Also, do keep in mind that you are ordering things over TWO holiday weekends, which is a terrible time to order ANYTHING from ANYWHERE. You lose three days over each weekend for UPS (Saturday, Sunday and Monday are non-delivery days this week and last), so you only have had 4 working/delivery days over the course of the last 10 days! And only gain in Saturdays with USPS. Reality check... once the package leaves your shipper, it's literally out of their hands. Don't blame Stormer for the placement of the Holidays this year. Ten days or not, there are no packages moving when people aren't working.

Stormer has ALWAYS been 100% spot-on, and they deal with returns and errors as good or better than any other R/C company I have purchased from.

doug
Old 01-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I work for the Post Office, beleive me, I know all about the holiday season Worst time of the year to be a mailman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.