Trade question...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trade question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 12:51 PM

Default Trade question...

OK, i have two JRXS's. I dont know if i want to try 12th scale. I run on carpet, and that track also has an apshalt track for spring/summer. Here is my dilemma...
I dot know weather to keep both my JRXS's, to run one on road and one on carpet, or trade one of the m for 2 Speedmerchant Rev's, with 3 new 3600 packs, a servo, and parts and tires, or make THIS entire deal
my JRXS and Mini LST for
M8 Spectrum set with 2 RXs
Personal Transponder
one NIB 3800 Pro Match pack
A XXXS G+ w/lots of parts(i wold run that on asphalt)

OR trade just the MLST for a PT, a Novak XXTRA, and a pack....
If i go with the Novak stuff, i already have it, if i switch to spectrum, i would have enough for all my cars.

I dont know what i should do....
I dont know how bad i want to try 1/12th.... or have a seperate car for asphalt, or yeah
Old 01-01-2006, 12:59 PM

please help me guys... i really have NO idea what to do....
And i need to know asap.
I kinda want to try 12th scale....

How much would i beable to sell the 2nd REV3 for?
Old 01-01-2006, 04:23 PM

anyone gonna help
Old 01-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Just trade one of your JRSX's. It's cool to have two, but why?
Old 01-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

keeo them both and learn how to drive them before you come to any conclusion about the car
Old 01-01-2006, 07:04 PM

well, considering i already know how to drive it.... lol Thanks Brent, cant wait to kome and kick ur butt.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Try 1/12th scale, it's a ton of fun and something every RC racer should at least try. If I have my choice I'll never race a TC again. For a Rev3 in good shape you're probably not going to get a lot (75-100), but older cars are still very competitive.
Old 01-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you want to try 12th, then try 12th. You have two JRXS's, you only need one if you race carpet in the winter and asphalt in the summer. You just need a second chassis.

The reason why noone wants to answer your question is because it's so suggestive and everyone has a different view.

If you don't know if you want to race 12th scale, then ask a friend who races 12th if you can race a qualifier with it. Apart from going out and buying a 12th, that's the only way you'll know.

I love racing 12th scale myself, but it's stressful. It's the most precise and some of the quickest racing around. It's not forgiving of set-up or driving errors and you can get yourself into trouble pretty easily.

Sedan racing is definitly more fun for me. But 12th scale will really teach you how to drive and will enhance your skills for touring car racing.

(P.S. if you trade for the 2 Rev. 3's you should keep the second one as a back up car or for parts. Parts for a SpeedMerchant aren't exactly abundant.)

-Frank
Old 01-01-2006, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

Try a 1/12 and see if you like it. Personally, I'd much rather run a pan car (either scale) than touring. I think they're a lot more fun to drive.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by FrankW
If you want to try 12th, then try 12th. You have two JRXS's, you only need one if you race carpet in the winter and asphalt in the summer. You just need a second chassis.

The reason why noone wants to answer your question is because it's so suggestive and everyone has a different view.

If you don't know if you want to race 12th scale, then ask a friend who races 12th if you can race a qualifier with it. Apart from going out and buying a 12th, that's the only way you'll know.

I love racing 12th scale myself, but it's stressful. It's the most precise and some of the quickest racing around. It's not forgiving of set-up or driving errors and you can get yourself into trouble pretty easily.

Sedan racing is definitly more fun for me. But 12th scale will really teach you how to drive and will enhance your skills for touring car racing.

(P.S. if you trade for the 2 Rev. 3's you should keep the second one as a back up car or for parts. Parts for a SpeedMerchant aren't exactly abundant.)

-Frank
Very tru, but i am just looking for opinions... it looks like i am trading one of my JRXS's for a FK04 BMI with lots of parts, and the MLST for a 12th scale setup....

But keep em coming!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i wasnt saying you dont know how to drive, i was saying your never going to be the driver you can be if trade or sell your car after a week