Wiki Posts
Search

Xray xb8e rear sway bar link pops out

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 03:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Xray xb8e rear sway bar link pops out

Hi all,

Jusy building my new rc buggy and having an issue with the rear sway bar. One of the sway bar links pops out when the arms ar pushed to the top of the range of motion. Ie when the shocks are compressed. There is no binding or anything but the sway bar is stiff. The other side does not pop out so just curious if there is anything i should look for. The link is brand new and not cracked.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2018, 03:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drzoidberg
Hi all,

Jusy building my new rc buggy and having an issue with the rear sway bar. One of the sway bar links pops out when the arms ar pushed to the top of the range of motion. Ie when the shocks are compressed. There is no binding or anything but the sway bar is stiff. The other side does not pop out so just curious if there is anything i should look for. The link is brand new and not cracked.

Thanks
The bar pops out of the ball? The ball pops out of the rod end?? Need to be a bit more specific. Is the grub screw tight on the sway bar? Have you allowed enough free play in the brackets at the bulkhead?
Old 02-05-2018, 11:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Sorry for not being more specific. The ball pops out of the rod end on one side only. The sway bar is held onto the ball end with the grub screw fine. The whole ball pops out of the rod end which is attached to the a arm. There is enough play for the sway bar where it connects to the transmission case. Those grub screws are not overtightened at all.