R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-19-2016, 10:10 PM   #76
Tech Master
 
(0000000000)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Putting CA up to the edge of the contact patch of the front tires made the car very predictable. I ended up with 3rd in TC stock A-main at today's club race, my highest placing all year. Previously, the best I could get with my xi sport was 5th in the A's.
__________________
My Original USER ID was 0000000000. But now it doesn't seem to work.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #77
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
Putting CA up to the edge of the contact patch of the front tires made the car very predictable. I ended up with 3rd in TC stock A-main at today's club race, my highest placing all year. Previously, the best I could get with my xi sport was 5th in the A's.
Great job


i still think its a pink 419
TeamThibault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 08:36 PM   #78
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Having one of the pins in my rear CVA's not staying in. Anyone know how to keep them in? (It can contact the rear hub and jam the rear tire). Locktite?
Attached Thumbnails
3Racing Sakura Advance Touring Car-image1.jpg  
__________________
B64D | B6 | T5M | EB48.4 | Talion | EMB-TGH | Sakura Advance
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 10:11 PM   #79
Tech Master
 
(0000000000)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Crank down on the grub screw with a 1.5mm driver.

I do this to all new cvd's.
__________________
My Original USER ID was 0000000000. But now it doesn't seem to work.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #80
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
Putting CA up to the edge of the contact patch of the front tires made the car very predictable. I ended up with 3rd in TC stock A-main at today's club race, my highest placing all year. Previously, the best I could get with my xi sport was 5th in the A's.
Hate to tell ya has nothing to do with the car. You are just a better driver.
TeamThibault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #81
Tech Master
 
(0000000000)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

LoL Rod.
__________________
My Original USER ID was 0000000000. But now it doesn't seem to work.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:15 PM   #82
Tech Regular
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
Crank down on the grub screw with a 1.5mm driver.

I do this to all new cvd's.
I'm literally an idiot. Why did I not think of that...
__________________
B64D | B6 | T5M | EB48.4 | Talion | EMB-TGH | Sakura Advance
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:32 PM   #83
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by (0000000000) View Post
LoL Rod.
I still have my zero with cf narrow chassis so what rear arms would you use?
TeamThibault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:49 PM   #84
Tech Master
 
(0000000000)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The arms for the Zero and the Xi look different but have the same geometry. I found the Zero composite arms to be the most durable.

With that said, I am fine with running the composite (not graphite) Xi arms now, and they are the same arms used on the advance.
__________________
My Original USER ID was 0000000000. But now it doesn't seem to work.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 04:57 PM   #85
Tech Regular
 
alphaqgti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 326
Default Aluminum Chassis

So does anyone have any insight as to whether or not 3Racing will be producing an aluminum chassis? It seems most of the other current touring chassis have an aluminum chassis option to use on the black carpet most tracks are using now. The stock chassis has a good amount of flex that doesn't seem to work as well on these high traction tracks.
__________________
| Sakura Advance | Sakura XI | Sakura D4 | Fujin 211Go | Lightning FXM | F103.5 | M05 v2 Pro | TA05R | TA05 IFS-R | TA04R | TB Evo1 | TRF501x | TRF201 | DB01-R |
alphaqgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 03:49 PM   #86
Tech Master
 
(0000000000)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,039
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Agreed.

An aluminium option would be nice.
__________________
My Original USER ID was 0000000000. But now it doesn't seem to work.
(0000000000) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #87
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqgti View Post
So does anyone have any insight as to whether or not 3Racing will be producing an aluminum chassis? It seems most of the other current touring chassis have an aluminum chassis option to use on the black carpet most tracks are using now. The stock chassis has a good amount of flex that doesn't seem to work as well on these high traction tracks.
I asked them and they said negative on the aluminum chassis. Too bad, I would have bought the car if they had one.
FloridaST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 01:24 AM   #88
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Hi everyone, I've recently just purchased the Sakura Advance Touring Car chassis kit (it's in transit as we speak) This will be my first on road RC car and my first real attempt at competing at some sort of comp level. For anyone reading this don't panic I do plan to crawl before I try and walk but i'm looking for some advice on a few things. I've read on this forum that the outdrive cups are a little fragile and that a good replacement would be from the Tam 417? would someone be able to give me a part number?

I've also seen a couple of people swapping out the spur gear, I assume this is to give better pinion/spur ratios? I've attached a link to the track I'll be primarily racing at bendigorccarclub.com/about-us/ I'm just wondering if someone could tell me by the footage and info if that's classed as a short or long track? and also maybe what spur and pinion would be worth testing?

I do plan to talk to the guys at the local club but I imagine some of you guys are quite competitive and possibly race at multiple locations, experience counts for everything and some of you no doubt if not all of you have the runs on the board.

I plan on doing a build video as there doesn't seem to be much footage on youtube at the moment.

thanks in advance and a big G'day to everyone on the forum.

Trav
toolman207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #89
Tech Regular
 
alphaqgti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaST View Post
I asked them and they said negative on the aluminum chassis. Too bad, I would have bought the car if they had one.
Yeah, it is too bad. Maybe we need to wait for Reflex Racing to produce one seeing as they already make one for the XI. Them or some other aftermarket company anyway.

Until an aluminum option becomes available I recently ordered the new SAK-A501_ST 2.5mm Graphite Main Chassis directly from 3Racing. I measured my stock chassis to be 2.3mm thick and this new chassis measured at 2.6mm. It is significantly stiffer than the kit chassis and has been A LOT better at handling the traction at my local track. Still probably not as good as an aluminum chassis, but definitely significantly better than the one from the kit.
__________________
| Sakura Advance | Sakura XI | Sakura D4 | Fujin 211Go | Lightning FXM | F103.5 | M05 v2 Pro | TA05R | TA05 IFS-R | TA04R | TB Evo1 | TRF501x | TRF201 | DB01-R |
alphaqgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #90
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqgti View Post
Yeah, it is too bad. Maybe we need to wait for Reflex Racing to produce one seeing as they already make one for the XI. Them or some other aftermarket company anyway.

Until an aluminum option becomes available I recently ordered the new SAK-A501_ST 2.5mm Graphite Main Chassis directly from 3Racing. I measured my stock chassis to be 2.3mm thick and this new chassis measured at 2.6mm. It is significantly stiffer than the kit chassis and has been A LOT better at handling the traction at my local track. Still probably not as good as an aluminum chassis, but definitely significantly better than the one from the kit.
Are you able to tell me what size body fits the 3 racing advance 1/10 ? 190 or 200?

thanks
toolman207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net