Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-22-2016, 07:29 PM   #436
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Trotta View Post
That was a classic
That show is maybe your favorite and that's fine for me.
I have humor, but it ends when religion or ethnicity comes in to play. Especially on open forums.

Back to topic.
I'm not the only one who likes to get more information from the guys who tested this class.
You can keep it to yourself.
silden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:35 PM   #437
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Rollout

I ran 52 mm with a tired reedy 6.5 stock rotor ..
Different motor and track size I'm sure come to play we were on a large 116/52 track
Technical infield
Old 09-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #438
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by silden View Post
That show is maybe your favorite and that's fine for me.
I have humor, but it ends when religion or ethnicity comes in to play. Especially on open forums.

Back to topic.
I'm not the only one who likes to get more information from the guys who tested this class.
You can keep it to yourself.
Being from Beverly Hills was 90210 one your favorites?
Old 09-22-2016, 07:44 PM   #439
Tech Apprentice

Old 09-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #440
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Trotta View Post
Being from Beverly Hills was 90210 one your favorites?
We live in BH and Elias is going to the Beverly Hills High School, but there end the similarities between us and the the series.😭
I'm sure that you not even know the shows we're like/watching, because they're german like us.🤗
Old 09-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #441
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hogans Hero's ?
Old 09-22-2016, 07:57 PM   #442
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racermac73 View Post
Hogans Hero's ?
German inspired I'd say..
Old 09-22-2016, 08:10 PM   #443
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Lmao.

Serpent America/Desoto Racing, McFactory Motorsports, Team Trinity, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:14 PM   #444
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racermac73 View Post
Hogans Hero's ?
Not all because that's one of the stupidest US series, because the real Nazis where not stupid. They were ruthless killer and I'm happy that they haven't got my families.

Because you have ask about my favorite shows:
Loriot, Otto Walkes and several British TV shows with black humor.

Phil your lame insult (Hogans Hero's were inspired by germans) is hardly funny. Talk to some of the WWII survivors and you will understand why.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:16 PM   #445
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antimullet View Post
Wow. Someone's upside down triangle hurts today.
Not mine it must be yours.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:17 PM   #446
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Nice comeback.
Powerful.

Serpent America/Desoto Racing, McFactory Motorsports, Team Trinity, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 08:28 PM   #447
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Not sure about Germany.. but in the states hogan's hero's, married with children, and Archie Bunker are great!! Otto Walkes swallows
Old 09-22-2016, 08:29 PM   #448
Tech Rookie

You think mod is too fast? But you want it to remain open mod? (ie no worrying about whether your motor/battery/speedo are legal/the best/etc)

Then limit traction. As well limit the number of tires a racer can purchase at a race weekend.

Put a set of Lilacs (I'm only using purple stripes as an example, deciding on an actual spec tire for mod that limits traction to a certain point still needs to be tested) and I think it's going to be a little more difficult to drive those things strapped balls to the wall.

If the traction is limited, it might be a wiser move to run a higher wind, or less boost, or not being able to slam into the throttle/brakes. Why don't we run 3.5 in touring mod? Because we're traction limited on rubber tires. rubber tc carries less corner speed, and you have to slow down going into the turn. simple as that.

Right now in open mod (even in 6.5) i'm going to races prepped with a set of tires for every run. (i'm not sponsored for tires, i just run one class and put my money into tires) - i think if we limited the number of tires we were allowed to run at an event it would be a little more inviting for the average joe to compete (just like in tc classes at big events, you can't run a fresh set every run)

Limit the traction, as well as the amount of rubber the driver CAN wear out, and you'll have to limit your speed accordingly, without imposing electronic rules and all that stuff that goes against the "spirit" of open mod.

There have been some other points made by people I like very much.

1) no sponsored drivers in stock at prestigious events - period. but how do we enforce this? how do we know who's sponsored and who is "sponsored" (heck any guy who makes the C-main at a club race now is "sponsored" by somebody to a certain point, or so it seems according to my facebook feed)

I've run 6.5 - and i can tell you, its fun, but it's not an answer, if one imposes limits, the other will test these limits. I've never been un-happy with a 3.5 or 4.5 mod motor in open mod. this week i bought 4 new 6.5 motors to see what works best. Because my testing so far has led me to believe i need to. Not cool.

Limiting batteries and such might be a good idea - im not for or against it, but, if i understand correctly, what's going to stop me from buying 3 of these spec batteries to see which one has the most capacity or more punch? to let me gear up one more tooth without dumping? We dump in 6.5 with no turbo, because we gear and endbell time the life out of our electronics.

There's much to be discussed on this subject. And I'm thankful this thread exists. Early on i read the note about getting new blood into the sport. So i called up my little cousin Katie, and asked her if she wanted to try driving toy cars at the track with me sometime. If we can all get one person to join in, and that person gets one person to join in, i see this hobby looking a little healthier. otherwise...
TheloniousFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:08 PM   #449
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheloniousFunk View Post
You think mod is too fast? But you want it to remain open mod? (ie no worrying about whether your motor/battery/speedo are legal/the best/etc)

Then limit traction. As well limit the number of tires a racer can purchase at a race weekend.

Put a set of Lilacs (I'm only using purple stripes as an example, deciding on an actual spec tire for mod that limits traction to a certain point still needs to be tested) and I think it's going to be a little more difficult to drive those things strapped balls to the wall.

If the traction is limited, it might be a wiser move to run a higher wind, or less boost, or not being able to slam into the throttle/brakes. Why don't we run 3.5 in touring mod? Because we're traction limited on rubber tires. rubber tc carries less corner speed, and you have to slow down going into the turn. simple as that.

Right now in open mod (even in 6.5) i'm going to races prepped with a set of tires for every run. (i'm not sponsored for tires, i just run one class and put my money into tires) - i think if we limited the number of tires we were allowed to run at an event it would be a little more inviting for the average joe to compete (just like in tc classes at big events, you can't run a fresh set every run)

Limit the traction, as well as the amount of rubber the driver CAN wear out, and you'll have to limit your speed accordingly, without imposing electronic rules and all that stuff that goes against the "spirit" of open mod.

There have been some other points made by people I like very much.

1) no sponsored drivers in stock at prestigious events - period. but how do we enforce this? how do we know who's sponsored and who is "sponsored" (heck any guy who makes the C-main at a club race now is "sponsored" by somebody to a certain point, or so it seems according to my facebook feed)

I've run 6.5 - and i can tell you, its fun, but it's not an answer, if one imposes limits, the other will test these limits. I've never been un-happy with a 3.5 or 4.5 mod motor in open mod. this week i bought 4 new 6.5 motors to see what works best. Because my testing so far has led me to believe i need to. Not cool.

Limiting batteries and such might be a good idea - im not for or against it, but, if i understand correctly, what's going to stop me from buying 3 of these spec batteries to see which one has the most capacity or more punch? to let me gear up one more tooth without dumping? We dump in 6.5 with no turbo, because we gear and endbell time the life out of our electronics.

There's much to be discussed on this subject. And I'm thankful this thread exists. Early on i read the note about getting new blood into the sport. So i called up my little cousin Katie, and asked her if she wanted to try driving toy cars at the track with me sometime. If we can all get one person to join in, and that person gets one person to join in, i see this hobby looking a little healthier. otherwise...
Generally I'm on the same page.
Spec Tires are a good idea, but Limiting the Grip maybe not. I say this because the most of us are the average Joe and therefore we need the most grip we can get. A well chosen spec tire and a limitation of sets are a good way to keep the cost down.
Limiting the Battery capacity sounds good to, but LiPos aren't made for dumping( car runs out of Juice and stops with less than 2 volt).
I had a long conversation with someone who was part of the discussion with Scotty during the WC.
He told me that the change to 6.5 blinky 1S is not what was discussed and agreed in China. 6.5 bilnky put way to much focus on the motor. He told me that the most likely directon will be that we go to 2S in all classes. This will increase the efficiency and this will lower the stress on the electrical components. Like 25.5 , 21.5 and open mod with most likely 7.5 - 8.5 boosted.

The second change would be spec tires and limitation on sets available.
And the last thing he said is that we may should use a carpet with a bit less grip like the ETS one. I know that the ETS carpet lasts only for about a year and then it needs to be replaced. The Price of the ETS carpet is supposed to be way cheaper than the CRC one, but that's still a hard for club.

I'm not saying that the class change will go in this direction. I'm only telling you what was discussed.
I'm open for changes, which will improve the class.
Ulti Tires
Old 09-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #450
Tech Elite

Default 6.5 1/12

This class was definitely the buzz a 360 Vegas warmup
thelonious and hillier were there along with Hebert ,Cyrul ,Lia and others. Two heats and I would almost guarantee there will be three possible heats of it at this track on a reg basis. It's fast in the infield. Not insane on the straight but it has everyone's wheels turning in the pits
It's been long time. ..... I'd say since brushed motors since I've seen two heats of mod anything at a local race. This class not with anything set in stone is definitely gonna bring blood to pan cars
And that is definitely positive ...

Hogans heroes was a funny show ... Another classic

British shows I'd go with faulty towers as all time great