R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-09-2016, 06:32 AM   #346
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Trotta View Post
Hearing Vegas will be 6.5 .... Any thoughts
If it increases entries, it's a good thing.
nwagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:33 AM   #347
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Same guy who would have won with a 3.5 will probably win with a 6.5. Those are my thoughts.
If entries in the class doubled with 6.5 ,would that be good or bad?

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:11 AM   #348
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

There are no official statements about the 6.5 at all and therefore stop this story telling.
Ulti Tires
silden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silden View Post
There are no official statements about the 6.5 at all and therefore stop this story telling.
It is my understanding that Scotty has spoken with everyone currently registered for mod 1/12 to gain input. I am not sure what his final decision will be, but I would expect an announcement later today.

My bet is on 6.5t blinky, but we will see. 6.5t open would make me much happier.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #350
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
It is my understanding that Scotty has spoken with everyone currently registered for mod 1/12 to gain input. I am not sure what his final decision will be, but I would expect an announcement later today.

My bet is on 6.5t blinky, but we will see. 6.5t open would make me much happier.
He certainly hasn't spoken to everyone who are signed up. I signed Elias up 1 minute after the signups opened. Not t as early as others, but quite early.
Ulti Tires
Old 09-09-2016, 01:44 PM   #351
Tech Regular

Quote:
It's what we do here on RCT, speculation and conjecture. How else do we pass the time?
Old 09-09-2016, 11:11 PM   #352
Tech Addict

Scotty just announced that 1/12 mod is now 6.5 blinky.
I hope a couple more people sign up.
Ulti Tires
Old 09-12-2016, 12:10 AM   #353
Tech Rookie

6.5 blinky as a new class, great. 1/12 seriously had too little by now globally speaking. Just 17.5, 13.5, 10.5, 21.5 2s and real mod ...

Leave away blinky, that kills speculations about fast guys getting software that blinks only during tech.
----- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 05:50 AM   #354
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Sorry if I upset you Wasn't story telling.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:35 AM   #355
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ----- View Post
6.5 blinky as a new class, great. 1/12 seriously had too little by now globally speaking. Just 17.5, 13.5, 10.5, 21.5 2s and real mod ...

Leave away blinky, that kills speculations about fast guys getting software that blinks only during tech.
I'm on the same page, but the decision is made. We have to live with it and make the best out of it.
Ulti Tires
Old 09-12-2016, 06:51 AM   #356
Tech Regular

I would encourage people that are against the change to formulate their own ideas to help guide where the path leads.

The majority is in agreement that change needs to happen, the main problem is the limited actionable options currently available without manufacturer support behind it to adjust product. The issue is now finally becoming a global complaint so perhaps IFMAR will look at some options after the issue-plagued worlds.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:47 AM   #357
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwagner View Post
I would encourage people that are against the change to formulate their own ideas to help guide where the path leads.

The majority is in agreement that change needs to happen, the main problem is the limited actionable options currently available without manufacturer support behind it to adjust product. The issue is now finally becoming a global complaint so perhaps IFMAR will look at some options after the issue-plagued worlds.
If it increases entries while a permanent solution for the class is being decided it's great hate to see 1/12 fading the way it has like some other great pan car classes
Old 09-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #358
Tech Addict

Quote:

I'm not against a change, even not going to 6.5 blinky. But I think a 6.5 blinky exhibition class would be the way to go for this years IIC , where all 1/12 mod and the fastest 13.5 guys are required to run.
But on the other hand Racing need to be enjoyable for racers and spectators.

BTW I already ordered 2 6.5 and we'll try to find the best settings.

I see serval changes which should be done to increase the atendence of 1/12 in general. The foam tires are sold in a non usable size, this is forcing new people to buy a tire truer. 44 fronts and 46 rears aren't good in any class nowadays and it's hard to explain to the interested people why they have to shave off so much of the fresh foam.
The manufacturer should carry the smaller tires (42/43) to make a transition to 1/12 easier.
Next point is that we should start with spec tires in all classes, like I said before the right choice not one fits all.
The next thing I think of is to allow 1S and 2S, with different motor winds of course. This will ease the transition from TC/ F1 in 1/12, because they already have the right motors.
The last point I believe which can help is: If you have a child bring it to the track and show her/him how enjoyable our hobby is. This will help the bonding between you and your child and the whole hobby.
I'm sorry for the long write up.
Ulti Tires
Old 09-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #359
Tech Champion

Quote:

I can guarantee there are proposals for 1:12th on the table from a number of blocs for IFMAR...
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:52 AM   #360
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I ran blinky 6.5t this weekend. I know people won't consider this, but I honestly wish it was our middle class instead of 13.5. It would be a really good stepping stone to open mod.

Either way, IIC should be interesting.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote