Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servo Savers or Not???

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Servo Savers or Not???

Just wondering what everyones opinion is on running Servos Savers on your 10th T.C.

We lost a brand new KO 2123 after just a couple hits. It was a first try without a Saver. I sure see a lot of the "Fast Guy" running without... but hate to toast another servo.

Thanks,
Old 12-30-2005, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've been advised to use a servo saver indoors and if the curbs/corners outside are not to dangerous you can get away with a normal servo horn

Charles
Old 12-30-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I haven't used a servo saver for many years on my TC. I used to use them but I noticed that the springs in the savers wear out in time and then your steering trim is always off. I guess that means I got to be a better driver by using a direct servo horn, hahaha. But yea, if you are still tapping walls, boards, other cars, then I would still use them. The best one I used before was Kimbrough(sorry if I spelled that wrong). The servo horn I am using now is by KoPropo. The one with the silver ring around it.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yes. use them. whether directly integrated into the horn, or into the steering assembly. the idea is that they have to be strong enough for the application, and drift will not be an issue. i use the kimbrough heavy duty one. i even cut my chassis to fit it, as it like it so much. it's way strong and never leaves center outside of crashing, which i don't do. my car is never out of trim, ever. and yes, i smash things quite often.

the jrxs guys at our track leave with headaches all the time, because their trims are off from not running a servo saver. they can't fit one. by all means, if you can run one, then do. if the saver in your kit sucks, find a better one. or scrap the belcrank saver, and just go direct on the spline.

the idea of a saver is to purposely put a weak link in the system. one that is 100% elastic. without it you will be exposing the next weakest link. whether it's a gear, a ball stud, or a horn, it usually fails permanently.