Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Integy 16x8v6

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Arrow Integy 16x8v6

I have been looking at this charger. It seems to have everything that you would want in a Charger...

Step Charging, 30Amp discharge, Motor Dyno and Motor Run in, even runs of AC/DC or DC.

However I have heard that there are no memory slots for your charging profiles... is this true?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XingXing
I have been looking at this charger. It seems to have everything that you would want in a Charger...

Step Charging, 30Amp discharge, Motor Dyno and Motor Run in, even runs of AC/DC or DC.

However I have heard that there are no memory slots for your charging profiles... is this true?
yes no memory profiles...
I returned mine...
Old 12-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

true, but most of the letters do work on the lcd. i'd say at least 70% work every time i use it.

if anyone is thinking of buying this charger, do yourself a favor and drop a shotput in your lap instead. that pain will go away faster than the pain caused when using this charger.

integy has, again, raised the bar.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default 16X8

SPECIAL COMMENT:
The worst of all about this charger is not the charger itself, it's the instruction...man oh man.....INSTRUCTIONS JUST COMPLETELY SUCK.
As a critical piece of equipment, if a user can't figure out how to use something quickly and effeciently RC racers are going to change to another type of charger fast(I hope Integy reads this).

Last edited by olhipster1; 03-20-2006 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

to add to this customer service is very bad. Minute I got mine it had all kinds of broken sounds and even a crooked lcd. Sent it back, took 2 weeks to get back even after I reminded them and they somehow lost it. Got it and guess what another busted up one. Too make a long story short I spent postage twice and waited about 36 days from the time I first received it. Man Integy's got a problem with this charger. oh yeah the fan is loud almost like one of the leaf blowers.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm sorry you guys had all those problems with this charger, but I really do appreciate you posting about it. I was just about to buy one!! This is a perfect example of how forums like this are great for our sport.

Thanks for saving me a buncha money!
Old 12-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

i had heard about the problems before i bought minebut bought one anyway and have been happy as hell with it. no problems at all, just have to step outside of my pit to talk to anyone
Old 12-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default FinBone

Finbone,
you're absolutely lucky. I hope your's stays in top shape.

The charger as a concepts is great....it can basically do everything in one unit - charger for all types of packs, 30a< discharger, motor run in and dyno to top it off.
And for goodness sake be inovative Integy spend more than a few spare sheets of copy paper and make a real manual that makes sense. Spend a dollar and two will return.

Last edited by olhipster1; 03-20-2006 at 10:50 AM.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

Got this unit since October, I like it and it’s a lot better than the 16X7-Pro. At the track, I occasionally get the 10V input error message and I contacted Integy tech support. Their technician assured me that it’s related to the ac outlet voltage fluctuation and it’s only part of the safety feature. Basically the unit stops when it senses abnormal input voltage. The 10V error message showed up a few times when it was new. There is no problem at all now pack after pack, it almost seems like the unit need to be broken-in LOL. I love the unit, does everything they claim and the only complain I have is the fan is a bit loud.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default Quiet Fans for the charger

I agree this charger takes a little time to program but it is a good charger. I agree the noise is HIGH from the fans. Integy has replacement fans for the unit, BUT they are still the noisy ones, I am sure everyone who has this charger can find a quieter set of fans and just buy and use those. IF anyone has done it all ready please post here what are you using, that would be great.